Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Predator (reboot)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm not seeing anything obvious except that green glowing bit kinda to the right down in the lower middle
    https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/979836525428072448

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Slydice wrote: »
    I'm not seeing anything obvious except that green glowing bit kinda to the right down in the lower middle
    https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/979836525428072448

Bottom right beside the blue light.

hrrmmm

447178.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

Calling it now that kid is going to get scared run around screaming and get one of them killed as he tries to calm him :pac:

It's Shane Black, so we'll inevitably get the same kid that appears in every Shane Black movie. A smart mouthed, overly self aware kid who sounds like a minature Shane Black and acts as a redemptive arc for whichever character in the film is cast as his down at heal troubled father struggling to form a relationship with his son.
    Sometimes it feels like Black has been rewriting the same script since The Last Boyscout and the inclusion of a kid in a Predator movie doesn't suggest he's likely to be breaking that pattern any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Slydice wrote: »
    I dunno..

with Jacob Tremblay he might be anything..

he might kill the Predator

He might BE THE PREDATOR :eek:

Considering doubling down on this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The first thing I thought when watched that was the kid from Iron Man 3.

Is it really a Shane Black film if it doesn't take place at Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I hate this modern trend of having a rapid number of clips at the beginning of a trailer. It is like a trailer for a trailer. It serves no purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭flatty

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What about Iron Man 3 ,that was a terrible film.

I respectfully disagree. :)
    I respectfully agree with the op.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Hmm. Remind anyone else of AvP 2?

Ipso wrote: »

Yeah, the colours and the suburb feeling.

Wonder if they'll hat-tip the soldiers in camo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Hmmm, no sold on that trailer. Predator films work best when people are being hunted in isolation... this looks more like a Godzilla type set.. army vs predator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Ipso wrote: »

Reminded me of ET - Suburban American cul-de-sac at Halloween, Kid playing with his toys.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,165 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

flatty wrote: »
    I respectfully agree with the op.

I stand by my post from 4 years ago. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If its one thing I hate, its when genuinely scary creatures are getting 'upgraded' for no reason only to make them more scary. It usually just makes them seem more far fetched. If you cant make a 7 foot tall invisible killing machine menacing, then you're doing something wrong.

see also - jurassic park and their hybrid dinosaurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Hybridization .... jesus christ.

Looks awful for that alone... what made the first Predator good ?

the simple hunt.
    Isolation.

each team member being picked off ... then the ultimate 1v1 in the middle of nowhere.

This could be worse then Predators (which wasn't that that that bad..)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hybridization .... jesus christ.

Looks awful for that alone... what made the first Predator good ?

the simple hunt.
    Isolation.

each team member being picked off ... then the ultimate 1v1 in the middle of nowhere.

This could be worse then Predators (which wasn't that that that bad..)

the more i hear of this.. the more i think AVP may actually turn out better

the more i hear of this.. the more i think AVP may actually turn out better

They are making a new AVP ???

or you mean when comparing current versions after release ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species.

From IMDB, could this "genetic upgrade" be attached to the Predators movie with the 2 different types of predator?

• Advertisement

From IMDB, could this "genetic upgrade" be attached to the Predators movie with the 2 different types of predator?

2 different types of Predator ?

Yep. It's part of Predators.

This one is set before Predators:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Predator_(film)
    It is the fourth (chronologically, the third) installment in the Predator film series, set to take place between Predator 2 (1990) and Predators (2010).

I thought this was a reboot ... hmmm ... I wonder will Arnie make a cameo ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Jesus, that last film was in 2010? This hasn't been a good decade for me. :pac:

Black clearly taking some risky choices with the franchise going by that trailer. Hopefully it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

None of these films have actually been good except the first one though, have they?

And the first one isn't really anything you can replicate. A great (or at least well placed) performance from Schwarzenegger and an unknown director who luckily turned out to be John McTiernan. The plot is pretty simple. The characters and world are barely fleshed out at all. But, it all just clicked into place and was a hellofalot of fun.

But despite a cool looking suit, the baddie is just... well, it's really nothing except a cool suit. The more you expand on that the less interesting it becomes.

You can't really make a sequel to the original Predator. Best you can do is just a different film which also has a killer alien in a cool suit.

Might be fun, but "sequel to Predator" or "Predator franchise" doesn't really offer any hope, or anything to go on at all really.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I liked Predator 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I liked Predator 2

Me too, I also genuinely enjoyed predators as well. I like the idea of the predator as both a relentless killing machine, but also a sort of noble hunter. Its been a long time since I saw AvP , but if I remember, the predator and a human made an alliance to take down the xenomorph?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Predator 2 is decent with the change of setting. Predators is a very enjoyable movie, and while it could never hope to capture the 80s magic and lacked Arnie, its not far behind Predator in rewatchability (for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I give Predator 2 a lot of credit for mixing it up. Cops instead of commandos, urban setting instead of the jungle and expanding on the predators. Also Gary Busey was inspired casting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I give Predator 2 a lot of credit for mixing it up. Cops instead of commandos, urban setting instead of the jungle and expanding on the predators. Also Gary Busey was inspired casting.

I wonder what kind of setting would be good, maybe the dessert (middle east, Mexico narco territory). It plays into the heat and conflict idea.

Advertisement