Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think Nightslashers got delisted from the switch. Happened before I could pick it up. So no way to get a home version now.
    geotrig wrote: »
    I gave up a getting night slashers a long time ago , it does come up every now and again but I've always found it over priced(I say that as someone who really likes and and being looking for it for a long time) its never been a cheap game at any point that i remember even when other games were relatively cheap.

That sucks about delisting, but I'm not up to speed on it really. Always name I suppose.

Yeah night Slashers isn't an easy one to get, the prices are getting outrageous all round so it's coming down to swapping things a lot of the time. Problem is that I don't want to swap! But I'll find it eventually one way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 34,454 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Just watched that again in the past week after prob 20 years of seeing it last :D That OST is much better than the original Japanese soundtrack - here

Still have that DVD rip you gave me! :D

Master of the Universe

Got a box of birthday pressies from the missus and one of the the things in it was a Saturn wireless pad! Extra points for getting a 'This is COOL' model too!

I've inadvertently started building a wireless pad collection, have receivers for them all to use with consoles.

IMG-20200723-143028902.jpg

Master of the Universe

Bit of a comparison with the original.

It's a licensed Sega product made by Retro-bit, I reckon Sega gave them all the original schematics and possibly even molds to make it, completely 1:1. (with the addition of a Home and Select button)

Button and pad presses feel identical.

[IMG][/img]IMG-20200723-144455574.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Think they're great pads.....very, very similar feel to the originals. Nice case as well.
    I see they brought out 'normal' black and white ones of late, but will be interesting to see if Retro-bit still get their Dreamcast model out this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Have one of those pads and they are very good alright, the only problem (first world) I have is I press 'Start' to pair it with the console on power-up, it automatically starts up Afterburner as its the first on my ODE list of games :)

Master of the Universe

McDermotX wrote: »
    Think they're great pads.....very, very similar feel to the originals. Nice case as well.
    I see they brought out 'normal' black and white ones of late, but will be interesting to see if Retro-bit still get their Dreamcast model out this year.

I didn't know they were releasing a Dreamcast pad, that's great news. Now if they could also do one for the N64, PCE and Famicom I'd be sorted :D
    Have one of those pads and they are very good alright, the only problem (first world) I have is I press 'Start' to pair it with the console on power-up, it automatically starts up Afterburner as its the first on my ODE list of games :)

Ahhh that answers a question for me, I was wondering why it wasn't pairing some of the time, so you've to press start.

Funnily enough, the wireless Megadrive one doesn't do that, just connects the moment the console is on.

Master of the Universe

Went to check out their website and I see they've nicked Hori's amazing N64 pad design - and best of all, it's extremely affordable.

I think I spent about 60 euro on the hori one.

Completely changes the experience of playing N64 games from a frustrating to enjoyable one.

http://retro-bit.com/tribute64-n64-ocean-blue.html

o1s1n wrote: »
    Got a box of birthday pressies from the missus and one of the the things in it was a Saturn wireless pad! Extra points for getting a 'This is COOL' model too!

I've inadvertently started building a wireless pad collection, have receivers for them all to use with consoles.

IMG-20200723-143028902.jpg

Nice one. I remember having the pal controllers way back when, then sold them for nothing later on.

Had a look at the price of them now, holy bejolians!

f07b5012f7853385237ebe361703bb0e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I didn't know they were releasing a Dreamcast pad, that's great news. Now if they could also do one for the N64, PCE and Famicom I'd be sorted :D

Aye

Think they had a design like this up a few months back with a view to release late 2020, not sure whats happening of late

retro-bit-dreamcast-controller-710x355.jpg

Ditto on the PCE......still hoping 8bitdo see sense and release a receiver for that pad they released for the minis. Not sure what the quality of them is like, but if they're anything like the M30s, then job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Gradius wrote: »
    Nice one. I remember having the pal controllers way back when, then sold them for nothing later on.

Had a look at the price of them now, holy bejolians!

f07b5012f7853385237ebe361703bb0e.jpg

Are they worth much these days? I have a bunch of them in storage, not boxed though.

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Are they worth much these days? I have a bunch of them in storage, not boxed though.

Ah Jesus man, you'll regret throwing those boxes away, very rare to see them for sale at all boxed. Currently can find a set in Italy for 400 quid and another set in Australia for about the same.

Now, that's asking price of course, but I'm sure they're worth 200 a set at least.

Ah Jesus man, you'll regret throwing those boxes away, very rare to see them for sale at all boxed. Currently can find a set in Italy for 400 quid and another set in Australia for about the same.

Now, that's asking price of course, but I'm sure they're worth 200 a set at least.

I never had them boxed, just picked up over the years from sellers in Ireland. I definitely didn't pay more than 5-10 euro a set. I'll have to dig them out and have a look at the condition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Night Slashers is still available from the US eshop but I can't buy it!
    Is there a link to it on the Japanese eshop?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That sucks about delisting, but I'm not up to speed on it really. Always name I suppose.

Yeah night Slashers isn't an easy one to get, the prices are getting outrageous all round so it's coming down to swapping things a lot of the time. Problem is that I don't want to swap! But I'll find it eventually one way or another

So, bought a voucher on eBay, €10.97 for a $10 eshop card, then bought it from the US store.
    Hooray... Now I own another scrolling beat'em up... my favourite genre....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭Inviere

Went to check out their website and I see they've nicked Hori's amazing N64 pad design - and best of all, it's extremely affordable.

I think I spent about 60 euro on the hori one.

Completely changes the experience of playing N64 games from a frustrating to enjoyable one.

http://retro-bit.com/tribute64-n64-ocean-blue.html

Can confirm, I've two of the N64 ones....they're fantastic value. I've two of their Mega Drive 6 button pads too, again, 1:1 and great quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Those N64 controllers look a bit eh manky are they any good to use?

I've one of the Retrofighters one and looks more like a modern controller but the quality isn't great.

Master of the Universe

Those N64 controllers look a bit eh manky are they any good to use?

I've one of the Retrofighters one and looks more like a modern controller but the quality isn't great.

They're by far the best controller you can get for the N64, feel great.

It kind of almost reminds me of a mash up between an N64 controller and a GameCube one.

Master of the Universe

sugarman wrote: »
    Theyre similar enough quality to the Retrofighters one. I bought both and have since moved them on, wasnt a big fan of either. Plastics feel cheap and joysticks arent great.

I mean, they're OK. Still a good cheap alternative to the originals which almost always have battered joysticks.

I've gone back to using an original controller for now that I refurbed having found one with a half decent stick.

Ah balls, my comment was in relation to the hori mini pad it's a copy of, have no experience with these ones. So these aren't too great?

Love my hori one, the analogue stick is like new.

I've been looking for something to make N64 games more reasonable to play in the modern age, I must pick one of the Retrobit controllers up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭Inviere

Ah balls, my comment was in relation to the hori mini pad it's a copy of, have no experience with these ones. So these aren't too great?

Love my hori one, the analogue stick is like new.

They're perfectly fine for the money, and will give a better experience than most original N64 controllers at this stage given they're nearly almost always wonky by now. Plus the form factor is better. You have to remember these are N64 games we're talking about, not flight sims :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I quite like the RetroBit Hori clone, as mentioned it beats using an original N64 controller now, the analog sticks are all pretty wrecked these days.

It's much twitchier than the original though, which I think puts some people off when playing FPS.

It's great for Mario 64.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, bought a voucher on eBay, €10.97 for a $10 eshop card, then bought it from the US store.
    Hooray... Now I own another scrolling beat'em up... my favourite genre....

"Time to clean it UP!"

Not brand new, exactly, but got this back from irongiant. Had a few problems like missing jumper for stereo sound, player 2 start button wouldn't register, dodgy ribbon connection, all niggly things ,etc. All good again :) Great shooter, off-shoot from gradius series with both horizontal and vertical levels, challenging too.

I only wish I had nabbed a salamander cabinet when I had the chance, another "left shaking your head" moment :/

IMG-20200724-223318-9.jpg

Kind of a weird one(or 2 in my case). Final Fantasy XII limited edition energy drink from 2006(with some collectable art card in the box).
    I dont know why I wanted it, but I did, I really did :)

I actually remember drinking one of these years ago in Japan. It was the normal one you got in shops alongside red bull and the like. It was pretty awful and bitter if memory serves.
    So, I wonder what a 14 year old energy drink taste like now.....

R5zl3Cu.jpg

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Potion_(energy_drink)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just ordered the new PSU and look for MK2

Splurged a bit and getting Rémi in Paris to make a loom. I got a good deal on the MK2 board (thanks again Berger) so I don't want to get a Chamma loom when everything else is new and good quality

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Kind of a weird one(or 2 in my case). Final Fantasy XII limited edition energy drink from 2006(with some collectable art card in the box).
    I dont know why I wanted it, but I did, I really did :)

I actually remember drinking one of these years ago in Japan. It was the normal one you got in shops alongside red bull and the like. It was pretty awful and bitter if memory serves.
    So, I wonder what a 14 year old energy drink taste like now.....

R5zl3Cu.jpg

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Potion_(energy_drink)

You could put the tasting on youtube and make a mint. Like that legend that drank the 30 year old crystal pepsi and survived.... barely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

You could put the tasting on youtube and make a mint. Like that legend that drank the 30 year old crystal pepsi and survived.... barely.

Would make a cool Ashens video!

Doge wrote: »
    Would make a cool Ashens video!

It tastes the same as I remember it, really bitter and bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Picked up few games for PS2 lately

Simpsons Road Rage
    Simpsons Skate boarding
    James Bond Everything or Nothing
    Gran Turismo 4 (Huge thanks to Barzum for sending them 4 on to me)
    True Crime streets of LA
    Simpsons Hit and Run
    Urban Reign
    Tekken Tag Tournament
    PES 2
    Midway Arcade treasures 1

(Just missed out on Midway arcade treasures 2 and MK Armageddon but sold out on CEX before i got a chance to order :( )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement