Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

That is a BEAST!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

That is a BEAST!

The six slot mobo is huge, it covers the entire footprint of the base.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The six slot mobo is huge, it covers the entire footprint of the base.

Haha yeah I tried to fit one into my SNK candy cab a few years back, not a hope! Sold it in the end.

Is the wiring to switch between games set up and working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

o1s1n wrote: »
    Is the wiring to switch between games set up and working?

Sure is, game select button working fine. Theres a few loose wires left over, I suspect they are for the EL panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Woah nice pickup.

Gotta have puzzle bobble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

eddhorse wrote: »
    Woah nice pickup.

Gotta have puzzle bobble

I was only playing it last night on my cab!

Fun and addictive game, I remember it used be in The Vic in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

raid-liciousnessnessness :) Lots of testing this evening

raidyraid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Oooh I bet there are some nice ones in there
    looking forward to report and pics!
    beejee wrote: »
    raid-liciousnessnessness :) Lots of testing this evening

raidyraid.jpg

Master of the Universe

Bloody hell, nice find! Is that top board obscuring a label that says R Type?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Very nice, can't wait to see what's there

• Advertisement

Yup some nice ones :) and yup, 'tis an rtype! Most interesting in that lot is the control panel, bonus points to those who recognise it :p it's the cabinet it connects to I'm excited about (amongst others), but that larger "bit" wouldn't fit in a car :p

Will fill in the blanks later this evening when I get the supergun out

Very nice, can't wait to see what's there

Your Namco stuff is proving elusive, like a girl with green eyes, Mr burton. But it's only a matter of time now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

Nice find , looking forward to your testing and reporting on these .

Yup some nice ones :) and yup, 'tis an rtype! Most interesting in that lot is the control panel, bonus points to those who recognise it :p it's the cabinet it connects to I'm excited about (amongst others), but that larger "bit" wouldn't fit in a car :p

Bomb Bee ?

BombBee_arcadeflyer.png

Bombbee_uprightflyer.jpg

Bomb Bee ?

BombBee_arcadeflyer.png

Good going, but it's the other control panel that's a head scratcher. Think more "upright", and it's from a company that ends with "do" :p

Hitting the road now, will be impressed if anyone guesses by the time I'm home!

Im betting its not Nintendo

Finally got around to testing/inspecting some of the stuff. Hit and miss, as expected. New Zealand story is fine, Rtype is filthy so will need to fully clean, airbuster is giving me scrambled graphics but playing (was really looking forward to playing that one!), asterix is squeaky clean but its giving me a reported error on one of the chips (should be an easy fix), conan the barbarian Rastan Saga is 100% :), and star wars is very cool looking! That's enough for today
    Im just holding some of these for the moment.

My "to do" list is getting bigger and bigger. Im going to finish a few other things before I get back to these games (and all the other stuff). Happy-ish with the stuff today :)

new-zealand-story.jpg

DSC-1048.jpg

DSC-1046.jpg

DSC-1052.jpg

DSC-1050.jpg

DSC-1054.jpg

DSC-1053.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Your Namco stuff is proving elusive, like a girl with green eyes, Mr burton. But it's only a matter of time now :)

I'll have to get the cab working first! Have to buy a few brand new 4A fuses tomorrow. If they don't do it though I'm afraid I'll have to dig deeper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Feck'n love Rastan !! Spent a fortune on it in my youth and still crap at it :(

Nice Supergun :)

• Advertisement

I'll have to get the cab working first! Have to buy a few brand new 4A fuses tomorrow. If they don't do it though I'm afraid I'll have to dig deeper

Ive had a similar evening digging through these things. Just like you I bet, here was me looking at "bad rom"s and filth....

Have to keep the patience and inhale...exhale...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Nice haul !! Hopefully you can get this fixed.

Feck'n love Rastan !! Spent a fortune on it in my youth and still crap at it :(

Nice Supergun :)

Fantastic game! Love it. Closest thing you'll ever get to conan (but I was never mad about nastar) Cant wait to have a proper sit down and play it on an actual cabinet :)

Cool supergun alright ;)

Whats the control panel, its wrecking my head

Whats the control panel, its wrecking my head

Almost forgot! It was a difficult one to spot to be fair. Nintendo space launcher :)

Space-Launcher-nintendo.png

Result! and just before midnight :)

I was reading about konami boards just before bed (as you do), and I came across a new thing to me, eeprom initialisation.

It sounded too easy to be true, but thought i'd give the pcb one more try. Et voila, Monsieur Obelix!

Apparently the rom "17b" needs to be reinitialised if it shows up as bad (why? under what circumstances? I don't know). You simply hold the test switch while booting...now its re-initialised. Game is 100% :)

A word to the wise, keep an eye out for broken konami boards of this era on the likes of ebay. I missed a monster maulers with this EXACT 17b rom problem only a week ago. If only I had known!

Anyway, job done. Easiest fix ever :)

DSC-1056.jpg

DSC-1057.jpg

Master of the Universe

Well that was a handy fix :)

I remember trying this on my glitching Asterix board years ago with no joy unfortunately. Still glitching away wherever it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭geotrig

nice 6 slot kidchameleon, although I never got into these multicabs bitd ,they just felt wrong to me ! dedicateds ftw :pac:
    Also need a windjammers in there for the 6th cart and maybe switch kof for 96/98 edition as they are better !

Great haul of pcbs beejee ,I'm jealous ,I'd settle for a haul of 2 1 pcbs these days ! :sad: :(

wait you turned down a monster maulers even though you've been looking for one for ages :confused::confused::eek: broken or not it was worth a punt !

Of the 4 tested so far, I have 3 hits and 1 miss. Happy enough :) I have a hunch that the airbuster may not be getting enough power, but I'm going to wash it and rtype and go from there.

That monster maulers was listed as broken but the bids went to 100 quid, and I wouldn't touch a broken board for half that (couple exceptions). I wouldn't pay that for a working board even :p

There's a guy who's holding a monster maulers for me for a trade, and I know I've got more boards incoming so we'll settle at the end.

Tip: if you're getting boards, don't leave multiples behind. Good for trades, and a mistake I've made up until now :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭geotrig

Tip: if you're getting boards, don't leave multiplesany behind. Good for trades, and a mistake I've made up until now :/

fixed that for you ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement