Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

No there should be no issue playing vgp games online although if you want to download any DLC or addons you will need an American psn account

Not sure if I can wait the extra few days though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Picked up the Knack bundle in Argos today for €345.99

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Picked up the Knack bundle in Argos today for €345.99

Is that the cheapest PS4 deal around? I'm looking to get one soon and I'm just wondering where the best offers are.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is that the cheapest PS4 deal around? I'm looking to get one soon and I'm just wondering where the best offers are.

It was DOA :-(

Do you think Argos would replace it for a new console? (It was the last Knack bundle). I'd hate to have to get a refund and pay more money to get the same thing without the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It was DOA :-(

Do you think Argos would replace it for a new console? (It was the last Knack bundle). I'd hate to have to get a refund and pay more money to get the same thing without the game.

I'd say you've a good case. you paid for something and they agreed to sell it to you. I'd push for a console at the very least for the same price.

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    I'd say you've a good case. you paid for something and they agreed to sell it to you. I'd push for a console at the very least for the same price.

Thanks. I'll try asking them anyway.

If they don't offer any replacements, do Sony offer a replacement service as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Aodhagan wrote:
    If they don't offer any replacements, do Sony offer a replacement service as well?

Aodhagan wrote:

open the game might help too

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Used to work in argos. If something like that happened in this case they would replace a ps4 on its own. You keep the game and they send back the console.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

PS4 KillZone bundle in Argos for 335. No real benefit to the 399 Destiny bundle!

Reserved one anyway :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

PS4 KillZone bundle in Argos for 335. No real benefit to the 399 Destiny bundle!

Have you got a link to that? Cant find it on the argos site.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Have you got a link to that? Cant find it on the argos site.

No, it wont be on the link. They are getting rid of whatever stock they have, you will only see it on the clients in store. Only had 2 left in my Argos.

AGoodison wrote: »
    Used to work in argos. If something like that happened in this case they would replace a ps4 on its own. You keep the game and they send back the console.

Rang them and they told me all I can get is a refund, which obviously will end up with me paying more for the same thing.

Maybe I should call in store and ask to speak with a manager? All I want is a working ps4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The three R's of this thing should be replace, repair, refund. So they should replace it before refunding you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

try the other local Argos for same package

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

No, it wont be on the link. They are getting rid of whatever stock they have, you will only see it on the clients in store. Only had 2 left in my Argos.

I rang Blanch Argos and they told me they dont know about this at all. :(

EDIT - - eh I take it back. Just reserved two. One for me and one for a mate. I'm going to pick mine up this evening. If it is indeed true its a great deal. I'll keep ye posted.

sweetie wrote: »
    try the other local Argos for same package

Limerick is the only other place that have it. 3 hour trip.

Such a shame. Had a nice bargain & then that blue light rubbish. Might just get the refund and get the €384.99 PS4 + Watchdogs deal instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

That's a great deal!

Gonna have a look in my local and possibly cancel my Destiny bundle.

They replaced my broken Knack with Killzone bundle and €13 back. Happy with that :-) €332,99 I think it was. This one works as well lol

They replaced my broken Knack with Killzone bundle and €13 back. Happy with that :-) €332,99 I think it was. This one works as well lol

That's the price I was quoted earlier for he Killzone bundle.

Seriously cheap price. I'll believe it when I have it in my hand.

Is it a physical copy of Killzone or a download?

• Advertisement

That's the price I was quoted earlier for he Killzone bundle.

Seriously cheap price. I'll believe it when I have it in my hand.

Is it a physical copy of Killzone or a download?

It's the physical bundle box. PS4 packaging with Killzone graphic on outside. Physical game comes inside :-) They are selling them off cheap as they are no longer in the catalogue.

It's the physical bundle box. PS4 packaging with Killzone graphic on outside. Physical game comes inside :-) They are selling them off cheap as they are no longer in the catalogue.

I wasn't gonna pick one up till Xmas 2015 tbh but for €332 it was impossible to say no. Can't wait to pick it up now.
    Probably trade Killzone in against Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Staff knew nothing about the Killzone bundle in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I picked up Killzone back when it was 99c on PSN. So just need the PS4 now. :) Tempting price, but may still wait for now.

Going to collect the KZ bundle in Argos today but just wondering how old would the actual PS4 be? I just ask becuase some of the newer ones done have the DualShock stick issue and also obviously the blue light

Going to collect the KZ bundle in Argos today but just wondering how old would the actual PS4 be? I just ask becuase some of the newer ones done have the DualShock stick issue and also obviously the blue light

I didnt think they had fixed the dualshock stick issue though.

What do you mean about the blue light? If its just a light I couldnt care less but if its a fault I dont know about I'd like to know before I pick mine up today.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'm pretty sure they have fixed the stick issue with the newer pads

I'm pretty sure they have fixed the stick issue with the newer pads

So what happens with the old pads when the stick goes?

Do you send them to Sony or back to Argos or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

So what happens with the old pads when the stick goes?

Do you send them to Sony or back to Argos or what?

Not sure, think it's something like that. Hasn't happened to me though

• Advertisement

Not sure, think it's something like that. Hasn't happened to me though

Probably wont happen me too quickly either considering I'll probably play it 80/90% of the time remotely on the Vita. :o

I've ordered some of the rubber thumb stick protector things anyway strangely enough a few weeks back for my 360 but they fit the PS4 too so I'll probably just put them on from the start.

All sticks over time wear out but these ones definately seem to be particular poor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement