Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jamescd wrote: »
    Dark Souls III Preorder - £32.35 (using code DEADCOOL at checkout)

Code is only valid til Monday. Delivery to Ireland is £2 so in total it comes to £34.35 or just under €45 delivered.

Many people used that site before? Is delivery reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Yeah I've used them once, they're grand

From HUKD:
    wesker321 wrote:
    I've used them at least a dozen times. Never let me down yet.

They have been very reliable in the past, whenever I've preordered I've either received a day early or on the day :)
    if it helps, I ordered fifa 15 last year from them, it arrived 2 days before release.

From the looks of it they send out the game a few days before release

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Zero-Cool wrote: »

They've been mentioned favourably by a few regular posters on here too.

Cheers lads gonna preorder today. Beats 70 quid for the digital version.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,709 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Used them loads. They're top notch and the only place I buy online anymore. Always get games on or (usually) before release day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

jamescd wrote: »
    Dark Souls III Preorder - £32.35 (using code DEADCOOL at checkout)

Code is only valid til Monday. Delivery to Ireland is £2 so in total it comes to £34.35 or just under €45 delivered.

Thank you so much for this. Have cancelled my €95 PSN order :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Thank you so much for this. Have cancelled my €95 PSN order :o

lol you could buy 2 for less than that

Preordered there, got an extra 40c off for signing up with those reward points :)

The 95 euro version including the season pass would only save you about a fiver anyway over buying the dlc's individually. Happy out paying 45 for this over 70!

Must keep an eye on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Destiny is €35 in Argos!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Destiny is €35 in Argos!

Not a bargain price. Game is two years old.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

sweetie wrote: »

If it has taken king in it then its a bargain at that price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

jonny24ie wrote: »
    If it has taken king in it then its a bargain at that price :D

It is the Taken King version.

http://www.argos.ie/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=4442815

[Edit] Very little stock around, 1 in Limerick and 1 in Waterford for Munster as far as I can see.

jonny24ie wrote:
    If it has taken king in it then its a bargain at that price

Fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah it is destiny the taken king version

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure if people are stilling using the US store at all but there's $10 when using pay pal (not sure if it was $60 or $50 min value).

Varik wrote:
    Not sure if people are stilling using the US store at all but there's $10 when using pay pal (not sure if it was $60 or $50 min value).

Doesn't let you use an Irish PayPal account though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

Fallout 4 down to €45 in Argos.

Not many copies left!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Acaelus

Fallout 4 Amazon exclusive edition is £23 on Amazon (UK). Works out to be around €30!

sale on canadian psn. good prices on soma, axiom verge, bloodborne, tales of the borderlands and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

sale on canadian psn. good prices on soma, axiom verge, bloodborne, tales of the borderlands and more.

I don't see anything that wasn't cheaper or the same before . I see that if you spend $100 ,you get $15 back .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Allyall wrote: »
    Amazon seems to be the cheapest for the Seagate Expansion Portable (€77)

Which in fairness, isn't the worst price it's ever been.

Sorry if this is an obvious question..... I presume people are buying this and replacing the stock 500GB/1TB PS4 HD outright?

& In this case the above linked drive is a good tried and trusted option here?!

Will put in an order today if so etc. - Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Sorry if this is an obvious question..... I presume people are buying this and replacing the stock 500GB/1TB PS4 HD outright?

& In this case the above linked drive is a good tried and trusted option here?!

Will put in an order today if so etc. - Many thanks.

That's not going to work! do not order as these external drives don't have standard connections on them

Maybe something like this Seagate Spinpoint M9t 2Tb 2.5" Internal Hard Drive ST2000LM003 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MPWYLHO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_lNzZwbSZA1VNE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Anyone play Little Big Planet 3, is it worth a look??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

astonaidan wrote: »

Fun but far from groundbreaking. I paid €20 and wouldn't say it is worth any more really. It is VERY child friendly - not an issue as such, but it can be quite irritating as the tutorials, etc are quite slow and detailed given the age group its aimed at.

There are better platformers out there but there are also far worse ones too.

IGN gave it 6.8/10 and I would find it hard to argue too much against that.

astonaidan wrote: »

Has to be judged for what it is - The kids at home absolutely love it (as do visiting kids, cousins etc) as a lovingly made/detailed game with nice artwork and a lot of carefully crafted and executed content.

It passes a lot of time for them in a very pleasant and engaging manner.

- Its not something this adult could sit in front of for more than 20 mins but then I am not the correct audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Fun but far from groundbreaking. I paid €20 and wouldn't say it is worth any more really. It is VERY child friendly - not an issue as such, but it can be quite irritating as the tutorials, etc are quite slow and detailed given the age group its aimed at.

There are better platformers out there but there are also far worse ones too.

IGN gave it 6.8/10 and I would find it hard to argue too much against that.

Cool like its a tenner now, prob give it a miss though

That's not going to work! do not order as these external drives don't have standard connections on them

Maybe something like this Seagate Spinpoint M9t 2Tb 2.5" Internal Hard Drive ST2000LM003 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MPWYLHO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_lNzZwbSZA1VNE

Thanks - Assumed people were unscrewing the case and working from there.... So do people commonly connect these via USB and then use as additional storage long term? ie 1TB to 3TB?

If so is there a performance hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Thanks - Assumed people were unscrewing the case and working from there.... So do people commonly connect these via USB and then use as additional storage long term? ie 1TB to 3TB?

If so is there a performance hit?

I've bought it in Argos just before Christmas, same as everyone suggesting it here we're taking it apart and using the standard 2.5" inside.

Varik wrote: »
    I've bought it in Argos just before Christmas, same as everyone suggesting it here we're taking it apart and using the standard 2.5" inside.

This is critical though, needs to be a standard SATA drive in that enclosure as there are some connectors that are 'keyed' differently.

- Also am considering getting an SSD now as its meant to improve boot time/read times/games loading/restarting after you're killed etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I got the drive in Argos an took the hard drive out and it works great in the PS4 so it does work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement