Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

lertsnim wrote: »
    I got the drive in Argos an took the hard drive out and it works great in the PS4 so it does work

Which drive did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭lertsnim

branners69 wrote: »
    Which drive did you get?

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=638944 which is the same one on the amazon link in the following post. The picture on the Argos site shows an older model but you do get the one seen on the Amazon site.
    Allyall wrote: »
    Amazon seems to be the cheapest for the Seagate Expansion Portable (€77)

Which in fairness, isn't the worst price it's ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    I've bought it in Argos just before Christmas, same as everyone suggesting it here we're taking it apart and using the standard 2.5" inside.

Indeed, be careful of that as not all of them use standard connectors, or even standard size. I know for a fact that the 2.5" 4TB drives are too deep to fit into the PS4 enclosure, plus putting more than a 2TB drive f's with rest mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

lertsnim wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=638944 which is the same one on the amazon link in the following post. The picture on the Argos site shows an older model but you do get the one seen on the Amazon site.

And do you just put the old PS4 drive into the enclosure so you have a 500gb or 1tb external drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Provided you are careful taking the enclosure apart and keeping the metal tape intact that is what most of us have done with the old 500Gb HDD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭lertsnim

branners69 wrote: »
    And do you just put the old PS4 drive into the enclosure so you have a 500gb or 1tb external drive?

Yes, that's exactly what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any barginz?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Mango Joe wrote: »
    This is critical though, needs to be a standard SATA drive in that enclosure as there are some connectors that are 'keyed' differently.

- Also am considering getting an SSD now as its meant to improve boot time/read times/games loading/restarting after you're killed etc etc.
    You could pick up a hybrid drive, made by seagate, best of both worlds, I stuck a 1Tb into my ps4 on launch and it's still working fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I bit the bullet and bought thishttps://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_awd_q2w0wbV8BJSZ6 last night (free delivery to Ireland) and I'll use the old drive from the PS4 to boost the size of my Xbox to 1tb using https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T76ZGDO/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_awd_k8w0wbTYVVERP

There might be some announcement at E3 in June about newer designs and improvements, but if there was, it could even take up to Christmas before they hit the market. Life is too short, I'll just make do upsizing what I have

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fallout 4 back down to €30 with free shipping to your parcel motel address.
    And it's the version that includes the soundtrack and book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Alien Isolation 12.99 on ps store... 17.99 for the game and season pass..

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Far cry 3 and blood dragon bundled together €8.99 on Playstation store

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sony are doing a deal on PSN top ups. If you top up with €100 psn credit by the 8th of March you will be sent a code for an additional €15 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Alien Isolation 12.99 on ps store... 17.99 for the game and season pass..

Is this game good have heard some bad reviews online from the likes of ign

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jayisplay wrote: »

IGN don't know their arse from the elbow.

I thought it was brilliant. A properly tense horror game. Well worth picking up for just over a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've heard - not played as it has sat in my shelf for a year waiting - that it's a very good eight hour game stretched into a 20 hour game....?

Looks good for the price though, that's less than I paid second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

J. Marston wrote: »
    IGN don't know their arse from the elbow.

I thought it was brilliant. A properly tense horror game. Well worth picking up for just over a tenner.

As an aside to this what multi-plat site do people find the best these days?? Used to love CVG bit gone now and IGN and some others have to much tv and movie BS , I just want a games site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Jayisplay wrote:

Play it on Linux, great buy for that price. Intense game like Dead Space but a lot more stealth needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've heard - not played as it has sat in my shelf for a year waiting - that it's a very good eight hour game stretched into a 20 hour game....?

Looks good for the price though, that's less than I paid second hand.

It is a twenty hour game where maybe the last 4 hours turn from frightening into frustrating as you want to try and make it to the end but my word the game really knows how to put the shíts up you before that. You can argue that the game amounts to nothing more than a series of fetch quests but when you're hiding under a bed or a table watching the alien's legs and tail pass by you, it is a tension I have never felt in any other game. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Alien Isolation is so scary im afraid to start a 2nd play through!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Alien Isolation is so scary im afraid to start a 2nd play through!!

Is it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Is it good?

Ye, i thought it was brilliant. the first few hours not much happens but when the Alien appears for the first time sh/t gets real

Never played the DLC but heard they are a good bonus too

Its one of those games were you die a lot, but its hard to put down

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

In fairness @ 18 euro for the lot I have to buy Alien Isolation last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Alien: Isolation is a game that I've been threatening to bite on for well over half a year now I'd say, usually see it being reduced in the PSN sales every so often as well. I think I finally will go for it now thanks to PSN credit giftcards and a lovely big 2TB HDD I upgraded to over Christmas!

Do you get much extra bang for your buck with that €5 on top for the season pass? Or is it just worth sticking with the game as originally released?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I put off getting Dead Space for years 'cos the trailers gave me the creeps. In that game you had serious weaponry. Alien Isolation is just a step to far for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nailz wrote: »
    Alien: Isolation is a game that I've been threatening to bite on for well over half a year now I'd say, usually see it being reduced in the PSN sales every so often as well. I think I finally will go for it now thanks to PSN credit giftcards and a lovely big 2TB HDD I upgraded to over Christmas!

Do you get much extra bang for your buck with that €5 on top for the season pass? Or is it just worth sticking with the game as originally released?

You get all 7 add on packs that were released for it for the extra 5 :D
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I put off getting Dead Space for years 'cos the trailers gave me the creeps. In that game you had serious weaponry. Alien Isolation is just a step to far for me.

Ah gimli you know you want it dude...... OH BTW i got me an invective :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

gimli2112 wrote: »

Dead Space tried to be scary and didn't succeed but Alien Isolation was the real deal. The only other games that gave me the same feeling of dread was Siren: Blood Curse or Silent Hill back in the day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dead Space tried to be scary and didn't succeed but Alien Isolation was the real deal. The only other games that gave me the same feeling of dread was Siren: Blood Curse or Silent Hill back in the day.

Dead Space 1 played in the dark with the surround sound on was completely and utterly sphincter crunching scary. Hearing the scuttling noises around you was nerve shredding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I found "condemned" very jumpy. Maybe not terrifying but with the lights out and volume up it had me looking over my shoulder.

I heard they ruined the sequel so I never bothered with it. Introduced too much gun play instead of the sparse melee weapons in the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I found "condemned" very jumpy. Maybe not terrifying but with the lights out and volume up it had me looking over my shoulder.

I heard they ruined the sequel so I never bothered with it. Introduced too much gun play instead of the sparse melee weapons in the first one.

The sequel isn't ruined at all. Its very good. Better than the first in a lot of ways.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement