Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

ah no not random people, like you only anxious about being around people I know semi-know or duhn duhn duhn quasi-know.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

ah no not random people, like you only anxious about being around people I know semi-know or duhn duhn duhn quasi-know.

yeah i am like that.
    kind of weird, i can walk about and talk to strangers no problem
    but they don't really matter. they get a totally different impression of me.
    hope that super mario character gets his come uppance tonight.
    bloody hell, trying to go in my front door, putting the key in, some neandarthal
    throws a glass bottle at you. and all his mates laugh.and make animal sounds.
    thats some messed up group/pack mentality.
    im sure the same guy would be lovely if you met him sober in a different context.
    human behaviour is fascinating actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

fiftythree wrote: »
    i get that, angry with the general public and their ignorance and filth.
    more get anxious when it is someone i have some kind of genuine reason to interact with.family/work/college etc.

i feel sorry for the hospital staff who have to treat that super mario later.
    and they will.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

yeah i am like that.
    kind of weird, i can walk about and talk to strangers no problem
    but they don't really matter. they get a totally different impression of me.
    hope that super mario character gets his come uppance tonight.
    bloody hell, trying to go in my front door, putting the key in, some neandarthal
    throws a glass bottle at you. and all his mates laugh.and make animal sounds.
    thats some messed up group/pack mentality.
    im sure the same guy would be lovely if you met him sober in a different context.
    human behaviour is fascinating actually.

I doubt it. Throwing a bottle at somebody takes a certain type of clown

at least it wasn't more serious I suppose? do you live alone? it'd play on your mind less if ye gave someone a shout

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »
    I doubt it. Throwing a bottle at somebody takes a certain type of clown

you'd be surprised how context can change people.
    the act was clearly stupid and dangerous but it was a young impressionable lad
    out with his mates. people get caught up in things they wouldn't normally.
    especially nights like this with a lot of drink involved.

at least it wasn't more serious I suppose? do you live alone? it'd play on your mind less if ye gave someone a shout

live with housemates, don't know any of them and most if not all away for the weekend. all as far as i know..
    bit of a bad area i am in, get used to it.
    and i know nobody to give shouts to. i'm grand.
    just a few idiots is all. have experienced worse.

mario-luigi.jpg

Have you seen these guys, and the rest of their crew?
    approach with caution.

seriously, these two annoyed me tonight but that sort of stuff happens all the time and it was mainly just an observation/realisation that i had that
    people who don't matter can't cause me any worry.just annoyance.
    there needs to be something at stake for me to feel actually anxious.
    made me think if you all were the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

hello guys how are you all doing?
    halloween. humbug.
    i have just had a twit in a super mario costume and trainers throw a beer bottle at me as i was going in the front door.
    he missed. he didnt even smash the bottle it was a low shot and skipped up the road like a stone on a lake. the real mario would never miss.
    this imposter was too drunk to aim.
    i'd like to see him do that on his own sober with none of his laughing friends around and his parents watching.
    drunken zombies.
    i told him he was great and better luck next time.he mumbled a few sounds and staggered against a wall.
    how do you all feel about this kind of stuff?
    it doesnt bother me much, random idiots? as far as anxiety is concerned?

would be more worried about real situations where i know people.
    i'm ok with random cretins.

random people dont make me anxious. its when i bump into someone I know in front of friends and have to carry the conversation with them 'gawking'.
    Or when I bump into an acquaintance and have to make small talk.

Thats why I usually do my shopping in the morning- supermarkets are a big source of anxiety for me

ETA: happy halloween everyone and **** drunken mario

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Slowly lowering one of my night meds an antipsychotic it's too high anyway. Have had 2 nights on lowered dose. Have felt anxiety in the background lurking since. I know 100% it's not the actual med change that has me feeling low, it's all in my head, it's my thoughts. Funny thing is I didn't think I was thinking anything negative but there must have been some fear in there. Going to spend the wkend practising mindfulness. I see my psychologist on Tuesday cannot wait to talk to him.

• Advertisement

well if it makes anyone feel any better, i'm in tonight on me todd (why would that make anyone feel better?)

Had what I would describe as a [buzzword]mindful[/buzzword] shower. And no that isn't code for a fap!

lukesmom wrote: »
    Slowly lowering one of my night meds an antipsychotic it's too high anyway. Have had 2 nights on lowered dose. Have felt anxiety in the background lurking since. I know 100% it's not the actual med change that has me feeling low, it's all in my head, it's my thoughts. Funny thing is I didn't think I was thinking anything negative but there must have been some fear in there. Going to spend the wkend practising mindfulness. I see my psychologist on Tuesday cannot wait to talk to him.

not too long til tuesday, good luck

well if it makes anyone feel any better, i'm in tonight on me todd (why would that make anyone feel better?)

Had what I would describe as a [buzzword]mindful[/buzzword] shower. And no that isn't code for a fap!

me too, in on my own, too many weirdos out there tonight.

me too, in on my own, too many weirdos out there tonight.

me three. binge watching a TV show called Forever. Its actually quite good

cookie24 wrote: »
    me three. binge watching a TV show called Forever. Its actually quite good

what channel?
    i am searching for something to watch tonight.
    you got a few drinks in cookie24?

what channel?
    i am searching for something to watch tonight.
    you got a few drinks in cookie24?

downloading. shhhh. no drinks tonight. a binge evvery 2-3 weeks

Let me qualify this by saying that I am aware I'm a loser:

Anybody know of a good place for online board games? I can google but finding a good one through all the **** might be difficult.

cookie24 wrote: »
    downloading. shhhh. no drinks tonight. a binge evvery 2-3 weeks

ok!this halloween thing has got massive recently.
    town is mental. enjoy the tv show.

Anybody know of a good place for online board games? I can google but finding a good one through all the **** might be difficult.

cant help there. But of you ever played magic they have a very active online community

no idea but i looked for a good scrabble site a while back and had no luck.
    i wouldn't have any interest in the roll the dice types.
    what board games are you after?

• Advertisement

ah not sure, i suppose scrabble/risk/monopoly - the big hitters

haven't played board games in years, I imagine they'd be good craic in person, and something to kill some evenings with online.

I might look into it and let ye's know if i find a decent one

EDIT: yea **** rollin the dice. although I've heard risk is really good and that involves dice so maybe I shouldn't discriminate

haven't played board games in years, I imagine they'd be good craic in person, and something to kill some evenings with online.

let me know if you find a decent scrabble one, id give you a game.
    used to play it a bit. never was any good at monopoly or risk though.

EDIT: yea **** rollin the dice. although I've heard risk is really good and that involves dice so maybe I shouldn't discriminate

so does monopoly.
    scrabble is random too in that you draw tiles but the beauty of it is that
    the randomness is hidden from your opponent.like poker in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Hey guys I hope you dont mind me venting here. I started a new job and im having a very hard time adjusting to the workload. Finding myself extremely anxious and upset every other day.

To make matters worse I've had a small run in with a colleague(who criticized a job I did). Which I feel will now add tension/further criticism. I've had moments of anxiety in my life before but recently I find myself struggling to face the workday ahead.

Any advice for the workplace blues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'd actually love to join a board game meetup club or something

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Hey guys I hope you dont mind me venting here. I started a new job and im having a very hard time adjusting to the workload. Finding myself extremely anxious and upset every other day.

To make matters worse I've had a small run in with a colleague(who criticized a job I did). Which I feel will now add tension/further criticism. I've had moments of anxiety in my life before but recently I find myself struggling to face the workday ahead.

vent away. i would say that a small amount of anxiety is perfectly normal.
    we're only human after all, we are not machines.
    only my opinion but i would talk to your colleague, try to explain how you feel.
    if things persist, and get worse, you would need to approach management.
    best to deal with things as they come up, and identity them as possible
    sources of future problems, than let things drift into worse relations.
    as you are doing.
    best of luck to you.

elfy4eva wrote: »

sorry elfy. no advice from me-anxiety has kept me out of the work force. best of luck though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Does anyone else find that? Anxiety coming out of nowhere???

lukesmom wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that? Anxiety coming out of nowhere???

for me its been near constant for at least 8 years :(

• Advertisement

If someone criticises your work they are not criticising you necessarily. I would try and keep making those type of distinctions to yourself however obvious.

Always try and keep in mind that a working environment can become your whole world if you let it, so thinking of things outside of the job and maintaining a perspective are important.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement