Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

handbagmad wrote: »
    anything you want to rant about ir get off your chest friend?

Nah I literally just need 2 years worth of sleep :( What a complete fail I am...it isn't even down to things like a normal person, just lack of sleep built up and made me an anxious mess and my life non existant! I've lost so many years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

fr336 wrote: »
    I just need my sleep :( Will hopefully do that soon.

Yeah that's where the name came from. I'm guessing you had to go through Luton Airport then.

ok, i hope that is all it is. get your head down if you can.
    they hit me at seemingly random moments, the anxiety moments, panic attacks i suppose.
    yes i flew dublin london loads, occasinally luton but stansted mostly but recently gatwick.
    your name just rung a bell there!went through so many airports took a while to register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Nah I literally just need 2 years worth of sleep :( What a complete fail I am...it isn't even down to things like a normal person, just lack of sleep built up and made me an anxious mess and my life non existant! I've lost so many years :(

you aren't a fail. Lack of sleep would fcuk anyone up excuse my French.

Have you trouble sleeping? How do you mean you've lost so many years,?

fiftythree wrote: »
    ok, i hope that is all it is. get your head down if you can.
    they hit me at seemingly random moments, the anxiety moments, panic attacks i suppose.
    yes i flew dublin london loads, occasinally luton but stansted mostly but recently gatwick.
    your name just rung a bell there!went through so many airports took a while to register.

Yeah it's a flightcode for LTN-DUB but only used during summer periods I believe.

handbagmad wrote: »
    you aren't a fail. Lack of sleep would fcuk anyone up excuse my French.

Have you trouble sleeping? How do you mean you've lost so many years,?

I've just done nothing with so many years and lost out on something big in the last few due to this and all the years it was underlying rather than plain to see. Oh well, onwards...

• Advertisement

i think none of us are total messes fr336, lot of us think we are, i mean i do most of the time but i have to keep resisting the thing telling me i am useless and try to see the good in myself.
    just try and see the good points of yourself, i'm sure there are many.
    if you get to sleep soon enjoy the rest and wake up thinking....it wasn't all that bad. i slept, i got through the night.
    now let's start working on getting through sunday. good luck!

Yeah it's a flightcode for LTN-DUB but only used during summer periods I believe.

ok, is it linked to ryanair, they all seem to have fr codes what does that mean?

ok, is it linked to ryanair, they all seem to have fr codes what does that mean?

:D

Yep FR is the code for Ryanair, not sure what the F stands for.

I've just done nothing with so many years and lost out on something big in the last few due to this and all the years it was underlying rather than plain to see. Oh well, onwards...

hope you have a good long sleep n wake up feeling somewhat better.

Night all :)

sorry fr336 going off topic with ryanair flight no.s!
    totally not to on topic. i feel i have wasted a lot of time and not taken opportunities too.
    bit blunt but..if something is gone, it is gone.
    that doesnt mean it is a bad thing, just that you can never ever go and change the past.
    god knows, i would love to. wherever we are, we are, right now.
    we are actually stronger because of our perceived weaknesses and failures, or i feel i am anyway.
    we have had experiences and need to take the best possible knowledge and info from them.

• Advertisement

sorry fr336 going off topic with ryanair flight no.s!
    totally not to on topic. i feel i have wasted a lot of time and not taken opportunities too.
    bit blunt but..if something is gone, it is gone.
    that doesnt mean it is a bad thing, just that you can never ever go and change the past.
    god knows, i would love to. wherever we are, we are, right now.
    we are actually stronger because of our perceived weaknesses and failures, or i feel i am anyway.
    we have had experiences and need to take the best possible knowledge and info from them.

Don't worry about me, I love aviation ;)

Yeah I've lost out on a good bit I suppose but then the world's a big place, I've got so many ambitions once I get through this once and for all (the first time I'll have been my own person and 100% in my life in my opinion), so I truly won't have any regrets. Except one....and that is a girl. Almost anything else you can fix with time I suppose, if you put enough effort in, but it's only recently as I've actually bonded with people I realise that is obviously a biggy where you can't turn back the clock :(

Yeah I've lost out on a good bit I suppose but then the world's a big place, I've got so many ambitions once I get through this once and for all (the first time I'll have been my own person and 100% in my life in my opinion), so I truly won't have any regrets. Except one....and that is a girl. Almost anything else you can fix with time I suppose, if you put enough effort in, but it's only recently as I've actually bonded with people I realise that is obviously a biggy where you can't turn back the clock :(

i know wverybody is different but i have had a big regret that was"a girl" too and recently,inexplicably, it has left my mind, like, drifted away, thank god!do you find it hard to bond with people?just my own experience but i love meeting people initially but get so nervous afterwards i rarely get past that stage anymore...just feel too much hassle knowing people well.

i know wverybody is different but i have had a big regret that was"a girl" too and recently,inexplicably, it has left my mind, like, drifted away, thank god!do you find it hard to bond with people?just my own experience but i love meeting people initially but get so nervous afterwards i rarely get past that stage anymore...just feel too much hassle knowing people well.

Tbh with me, despite being bad looking and not amazing in any way, I'm really picky with people :p

Tbh with me, despite being bad looking and not amazing in any way, I'm really picky with people :p

so am i...but the problem i have is when i meet em initially i always give out an impression that i like everybody.even though i don't. think that is my problem. i like people sort of as a whole, as a species, if you get me, and i give out that initial impression. but then invariably some people i dont like seem to befriend me against my will and i find it hard to disconnect.
    is this weird?
    sounds weird actually writing it, but it always happens to me!

so am i...but the problem i have is when i meet em initially i always give out an impression that i like everybody.even though i don't. think that is my problem. i like people sort of as a whole, as a species, if you get me, and i give out that initial impression. but then invariably some people i dont like seem to befriend me against my will and i find it hard to disconnect.
    is this weird?
    sounds weird actually writing it, but it always happens to me!

I don't think that's weird at all, seeing as most of the planet will have had to deal with that in some way :P

ok thanks for saying its not too weird!
    basically i try to be nice when i initially meet folks.
    i am also selective, to an extreme level, who i actually befiend/like.
    sometimes i guess bad experiences, like people who wouldn't leave me alone and kept at me, criticising me,
    and called themselves friends, has now left me wary of initial contact even.
    but i feel a lot more ok this week so i am in a decent state now, thankfully.
    this forum had been brilliant i love it, so many people with so many good ideas.

ok thanks for saying its not too weird!
    basically i try to be nice when i initially meet folks.
    i am also selective, to an extreme level, who i actually befiend/like.
    sometimes i guess bad experiences, like people who wouldn't leave me alone and kept at me, criticising me,
    and called themselves friends, has now left me wary of initial contact even.
    but i feel a lot more ok this week so i am in a decent state now, thankfully.
    this forum had been brilliant i love it, so many people with so many good ideas.

Stop being silly, everything you mention is life for normal people! You sound very normal, basically!

I'm off to bed, night :)

thank you. yes i am being silly now. and i absolutely love the feeling of being minorly irked by life's little things.
    about a week ago it wasn't like that..i was in a difficult situation that i had to leave, at short notice, and shorter funds.
    been from homed to homeless and back and a few things in between in the last 2weeks and it was quite a journey.
    so hopefully from now on i will have a new perspective on life.
    i have learnt a lot. a massive amount. oh and again, i keep repeating this but thank you an infinite amount to you and all the people
    on this boards thread who helped me out over the last while.

goodnight everybody.53

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I ninja edited there ...:o
    Did someone ask about the meaning of Carpe Diem, or did one just dream that?

Ninja editing makes cake out of bread. Day-old cake, do not re-bake,..

Compress / press that old cake, so it can be sold as gur cake. 3d a slice, tastes very nice.

Cave canem. Mind the door. Fall asleep, do not adore.

Wake up, again, stand up and... do not ignore.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Esel wrote: »
    Did someone ask about the meaning of Carpe Diem, or did one just dream that?

Ninja editing makes cake out of bread. Day-old cake, do not re-bake,..

Compress / press that old cake, so it can be sold as gur cake. 3d a slice, tastes very nice.

Cave canem. Mind the door. Fall asleep, do not adore.

Wake up, again, stand up and... do not ignore.

No it just popped into my head. I have heard the phrase many times before but I never gave it much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

oh one more post...i reckon stinkle is on a flight this evening/night. only been posting here for a few weeks but best wishes going out to stinkle, wherever that person is. i hope stinkle has a great experience, and thanks for the support for the last while.
    let us know how emigrant life is ok!?

Ahhh so lovely to see this! I'm OK and will still be on here :) my anxiety is odd in that I'm alright with the move (aside from the awfulness of leaving people I love). Situational things at home used to drivevme to feeling trapped and anxious, but this is a fresh start that I've wanted for a while now. I'm positive about new city/country/job right now. No doubt everything isnt gonna run smoothly but I've moved away from a lot of toxic situations.

Support means a lot, I've not gone away totally yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Been ploughing the thread this morning. Some really insightful stuff and good luck to all. It really is nice to have a place where we can be open, honest, vulnerable, rant if needs be and receive/guidance support to those of us who have issues with anxiety/depression. Maybe we could start recommending more books, articles, sites etc to check out

how are you all getting on tonight?weekend drawing to a close.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

how are you all getting on tonight?weekend drawing to a close.

sunday blues always hit me for some reason. i think it goes back to childhood when you knew you had school the next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Roquentin wrote: »
    sunday blues always hit me for some reason. i think it goes back to childhood when you knew you had school the next day

Very same here

Roquentin wrote: »

I'm getting that feeling too. the weekend is a nice place to hide in

stinkle wrote: »
    Ahhh so lovely to see this! I'm OK and will still be on here :) my anxiety is odd in that I'm alright with the move (aside from the awfulness of leaving people I love). Situational things at home used to drivevme to feeling trapped and anxious, but this is a fresh start that I've wanted for a while now. I'm positive about new city/country/job right now. No doubt everything isnt gonna run smoothly but I've moved away from a lot of toxic situations.

Support means a lot, I've not gone away totally yet!

have you arrived at your new destination?hope it is nice

• Advertisement

All I can think of is chocolate.
    And I have no chocolate.
    3rd world problem right there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement