Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

Hello everyone.had meant to come back today and tell you how well I was doing.today was a new start and everything.my trip to my new life was a two legged bus journey.the change was in Dublin.I managed to get out and on the bus.but when I got to Dublin I froze and couldn't go any further.got the sweats the palpitations and the fear.so I am still here.sort of caught between the past and the future.felt like I just could not take that extra step today.disappointed with myself but at least I started the journey.I can't go back to where I was so the only way is forward now.I am using the site from my mobile and haven't figured out how to thank people and stuff yet.hope you are all doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

handbagmad wrote: »
    Ah God... *drools.,.. I don't know but id eat that now,

I had two double cheeseburgers tonight in mc d s!!so pretty much the same as a double qp er they were lovely.yum yum.hoping to get a breakfast there tomorrow since I am here next to one.sausage or bacon mcmuffin?I am torn I can't decide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

fiftythree wrote: »
    I had two double cheeseburgers tonight in mc d s!!so pretty much the same as a double qp er they were lovely.yum yum.hoping to get a breakfast there tomorrow since I am here next to one.sausage or bacon mcmuffin?I am torn I can't decide!

I say go for the sausage one! ;) God I love McMuffins! Coffee is pretty nice there too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

By hook or by crook ima getting a mc donalds fix the weekend.

Screw you heart, I want one of everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

:eek: I've created a thread of McDs lovers. Like zombies with cravings for fast food

• Advertisement

shezer wrote: »
    :eek: I've created a thread of McDs lovers. Like zombies with cravings for fast food

you should be getting paid for the advertising Shezer.....
    In chocolate milkshakes and fudge sundaes. Oh my

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Can I join the McD club? Giving in to my cravings waaaay to much lately! Grr can't sleep, reading my book on the couch as I dont wanna disturb OH with the light on. Annoying cold is still here too, the lemsips havent made me drowsy either! Thankfully the book is kinda boring so it might put me to sleep......

stinkle wrote: »
    Can I join the McD club? Giving in to my cravings waaaay to much lately! Grr can't sleep, reading my book on the couch as I dont wanna disturb OH with the light on. Annoying cold is still here too, the lemsips havent made me drowsy either! Thankfully the book is kinda boring so it might put me to sleep......

come join us on our fast food train friend :)
    hope that cold clears up soon

Time for another hot lemon I think! Living on the edge!

stinkle wrote: »
    Time for another hot lemon I think! Living on the edge!

woo hoo, rebel :D:D through a little whiskey in there, may do the trick

• Advertisement

handbagmad wrote: »
    woo hoo, rebel :D:D through a little whiskey in there, may do the trick

This could get messy :P

This could get messy :P

tee hee :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Light-hearted thoughts before bed include:

I am going to die.
    The universe is essentially going to die with me if I subscribe to the notion of the self - if the universe is NOT going to die with me then there is no me.
    Wtf I feel like this is just a (very large) sandbox.
    Is anything, even pleasure, worthwhile?
    daddy or chips

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hi CMJ!

Newsflash: We are all going to die! :)

A fragment of poetry I remember: All life death does end and each day dies with sleep.

Check out his other stuff - it is not morbid (in the main). He wrote some great bits of prose too (mainly journals, no books...).

Now, go to bed! Chips tomorrow. :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Had one of those awful dreams last night. The type you wake up from and it takes about 30 seconds to realise it was a dream. It actually irked me for the day.

The dream- On a prop plane with my little one and some gowl from airport left the baggage bay open. Loads of passengers telling me to keep my mouth shut then about it. So we are flying along and bits and pieces are coming off the plane. :D

i get those a lot. i wake up covered in sweat. weird dreams i must say. its not like a mad man is chasing you with an axe but more philosophical like i dreamt one time a star was crashing into the sun and woke up in panic

Had one of those awful dreams last night. The type you wake up from and it takes about 30 seconds to realise it was a dream. It actually irked me for the day.

The dream- On a prop plane with my little one and some gowl from airport left the baggage bay open. Loads of passengers telling me to keep my mouth shut then about it. So we are flying along and bits and pieces are coming off the plane. :D

you werent watching lost or something :)

the plane probably represents your life, the people perhaps are telling you how you should live and because of that your mind is saying that your life is falling apart like the plane. i dont know, just psychoanalysing:)

Had a weird night's sleep myself - cold is pretty much gone bar a tickly cough that kept me awake. Add in a weird dream and the fact that I'm due to visit my old workplace that I hate today and it was a crap night.

I feel absolutely awful knowing I have to go here. I'm obliging a friend and this means attending a meeting, and dealing with a couple of others who bullied me. What's worse is I'm annoyed I feel this way, if you get me. I;m trying to tell myself it's over and they can't hurt me anymore, but I know that while nothing overt will occur, there'll be a few snide remarks, that kind of thing. I have no interest in the meeting really, I no longer work there or care. Coupled with the ailments I've had over the last few weeks, an ill elderly relative and my own personal anxieties about emigrating I could really do without this right now.

I think the nice person has arranged a lunch and that's the only reason I'm not gonna cry off. I don't want to let them down.

Just feel so powerless or something. Like I'm walking into the lions' den! I guess I've nothing to lose and if anyone is awful I can act accordingly. Bleh though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

My housemates are a couple and I don't really connect with them and I just feel so isolated all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

My housemates are a couple and I don't really connect with them and I just feel so isolated all the time.

Sorry to hear that KB. There's nothing worse than being lonely even when you are physically close to other people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

Does anyone know how long the waiting list is to see a psychiatrist with the HSE? Will it be months?

• Advertisement

Laois6556 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the waiting list is to see a psychiatrist with the HSE? Will it be months?

i think it depends on the area. in a small town youd see one asap with a cert from GP, but in a city it may be longer

Roquentin wrote: »
    i think it depends on the area. in a small town youd see one asap with a cert from GP, but in a city it may be longer

Ok thanks. Do you know do you have to get the cert off your gp in person or can you have them send it to you? It's just I don't really want to go to my gp as I stopped taking medication months ago and I feel a bit of a failure having to try them again. I've been putting off sending them an email for weeks now.

Ok thanks. Do you know do you have to get the cert off your gp in person or can you have them send it to you? It's just I don't really want to go to my gp as I stopped taking medication months ago and I feel a bit of a failure having to try them again. I've been putting off sending them an email for weeks now.

sorry by cert i meant to say they (im not sure of the right terminology) they send on some letter (cert) to the public psychiatric day home center and then they will ring you (well thats what happened with me) For me anyway i needed this letter before they would see me.....unless someone else on this forum corrects me

edit: i think its called a letter of referral. the GP sends it to the psychiatrist and they get in contact with you

sorry by cert i meant to say they (im not sure of the right terminology) they send on some letter (cert) to the public psychiatric day home center and then they will ring you (well thats what happened with me) For me anyway i needed this letter before they would see me.....unless someone else on this forum corrects me

So I just ask my gp by email? I wont have to go in?

So I just ask my gp by email? I wont have to go in?

i dont know. you could try that or try ringing in.......

edit: i dont know do private psychiatrists exist. private psychologists do alright. So if it were a private psychiatrist, i assume you could just walk right in

i dont know. you could try that or try ringing in.......

Ok thanks. Sorry obviously you wouldn't know for sure. I'll send an email when I pluck up the courage. Thanks for the help.

Private Psychiatrists also require a referral as far as I know.

Either way your first point of contact is your GP here. The difference between private and public can be cost, waiting time and area of expertise(eg. PTSD).

Sent that email. Yes it took me that long. Deleting, editing, deciding I wasn't going to send it, telling myself i have to and so forth. Now the wait. I'll post how long it takes to get seen by a HSE psychiatrist just incase someone if the future goes searching for the same question to be answered. Thanks for the help! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Anyone know how long it takes to process a medical card application? Sent mine off a week and a half ago and no word back since.

• Advertisement

Anyone know how long it takes to process a medical card application? Sent mine off a week and a half ago and no word back since.

took about six weeks id say for mine. am they give you the number a week before you get and you can use that until it comes in the post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement