Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Developing stress headache, walk with dog I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Then sleep?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

cloud493 wrote: »
    Then sleep?

Hopefully. Now I hope your day is tolerable, I'll be thinkin of ya ok?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

EoghanCrim wrote: »
    Horrible lately starting a new life, my chest gets at me and I feel like I can't breathe

Hi and welcome first off. Second, stimulate some part of your body to help you distract yourself.. Say an elastic band on your wrist or pinch an earlobe. Anything non-harmful that will just give you enough focus to concentrate on your breathing.

• Advertisement

Breathe keep breathing keep on breathe keep oh my vice on chest breathe in out... I can do this..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dr.Alucard

Breathe keep breathing keep on breathe keep oh my vice on chest breathe in out... I can do this..

You can do this grem!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

is anyone getting depressed because life seems to be flying by. Time seems to be on a speed train....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Roquentin wrote: »
    is anyone getting depressed because life seems to be flying by. Time seems to be on a speed train....

Are you doing new things?

shezer wrote: »
    Are you doing new things?

well im unemployed at the moment, but the days and weeks seem to fly by. il be an old man soon. im in a midlife crisis:pac:

• Advertisement

well im unemployed at the moment, but the days and weeks seem to fly by. il be an old man soon. im in a midlife crisis:pac:

Life flies by regardless. For me, doing something new or enjoyable allows me to reflect on the week positively. It can fly by or it can fly by with memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Anxiety sky high. Can't function. Where do I go from here

Life flies by regardless. For me, doing something new or enjoyable allows me to reflect on the week positively. It can fly by or it can fly by with memories.

i think that im no longer young and there is so much expectation and responsibility on me, i just want go back to being young (14/15/16). that was a good time. I had my whole life ahead of me. needless to say it hasnt turned out how i dreamt.

when i was young the world was a great place and everyone was nice. As you grow older you it is not the case.

fr336 wrote: »

GP for medication id say

Nowhere. Stop. Go to your safe place. Think about nothing but the here and now. Forget the stressors. Take the 1 minute to look at your surroundings. Every little thing that makes it your safe place(eg. Strong walls that keep people out or a roof that keeps out the rain).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Family not speaking to me, had to ask them for money again.

Can't get a handle on my spending. No idea where the money goes.

Just want to black out for a few months and get over this.

GP for medication id say

Thanks for the fast reply. I've resisted medication for a long time, I just can't handle the risks for what is sleep deprivation issues at its root. Get more sleep, build up a few nights of sleep and I become a different person. It's just decluttering my head and lots of things going right at the same time for this to come round again...I stupidly threw away the last opportunity by getting into a bad diet again.

Nowhere. Stop. Go to your safe place. Think about nothing but the here and now. Forget the stressors. Take the 1 minute to look at your surroundings. Every little thing that makes it your safe place(eg. Strong walls that keep people out or a roof that keeps out the rain).

I wish I had a safe place. My worst enemies are my own family - seemingly willfully ignorant of what I'm going through despite telling them both in speech and word countless times. It boils down to them not actually giving a toss and being stupid mindless individuals. If it was the rest of their family rather than a son who has grown up late but shown potential, they'd crawl over broken glass. Said family treats them badly, go figure.

Argh hate to feel sorry for myself but I am so much better than this :mad::(

i think that im no longer young and there is so much expectation and responsibility on me, i just want go back to being young (14/15/16). that was a good time. I had my whole life ahead of me. needless to say it hasnt turned out how i dreamt.

when i was young the world was a great place and everyone was nice. As you grow older you it is not the case.

Are you a parent or carer?

Thanks for the fast reply. I've resisted medication for a long time, I just can't handle the risks for what is sleep deprivation issues at its root. Get more sleep, build up a few nights of sleep and I become a different person. It's just decluttering my head and lots of things going right at the same time for this to come round again...I stupidly threw away the last opportunity by getting into a bad diet again.

i couldnt survive without my meds. ok some of them knock me out cold like a zombie (not good for job interviews) but id take comfortably numb over anxiety any day.

• Advertisement

Are you a parent or carer?

no. profound loner. i think i need to get work. But i cant work with people. a farm would suit me.

i couldnt survive without my meds. ok some of them knock me out cold like a zombie (not good for job interviews) but id take comfortably numb over anxiety any day.

Is there not risks of them changing your thinking e.g. suicidal thoughts etc? I appreciate these may be slim risks, and I respect all who take meds over anxiety, but for me personally I'm over the top anyway and I feel that a few things coming together can solve this for me naturally. It is bloody torture though :( Every sound, hell even the sound of silence sometimes, gets on my nerves, no mental energy to speak of, likewise physical much of the time...just a completely but utter mess. Yet I want to get through it alone :p:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dr.Alucard

no. profound loner. i think i need to get work. But i cant work with people. a farm would suit me.

I know what you mean, i struggled a bit with social anxiety today, worst day in a longtime for me and im glad im home again, cant wait to shower i was saturated with sweat and feeling sick. If this college thing doesn't work out for me ive been considering jobs that doesn't involve interaction with lot of people, the one that fits that description is lorry driving. Im definitely gonna get a licence and drive lorrys for a living!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I take back what I said yesterday
    Today was the worst day I've ever had.
    I'm in a deep depression that suddenly engulfed me like a wave
    It feels like I'm drowning

I take back what I said yesterday
    Today was the worst day I've ever had.
    I'm in a deep depression that suddenly engulfed me like a wave
    It feels like I'm drowning

What happened?

What happened?

I don't know, I was fine until I was in school and the anxiety and depression hit me I've been in a deep dark mood ever since. Hopefully it's just a hiccup with the medication

Delayed reaction to something maybe?

I assumed that but I don't know what it could be

Dr.Alucard wrote: »
    I know what you mean, i struggled a bit with social anxiety today, worst day in a longtime for me and im glad im home again, cant wait to shower i was saturated with sweat and feeling sick. If this college thing doesn't work out for me ive been considering jobs that doesn't involve interaction with lot of people, the one that fits that description is lorry driving. Im definitely gonna get a licence and drive lorrys for a living!!!

thats a good idea. I may look into that myself.

i

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ We got us a convoy! :)

Not your ornery onager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement