Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

I haven't taken meds since Friday. Plain forgot.
    Scary to feel like this after less than two days.
    Took them half hour ago, feel bit better already, sweating like a motherfcuker though (tmi)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

handbagmad wrote: »
    I haven't taken meds since Friday. Plain forgot.
    Scary to feel like this after less than two days.
    Took them half hour ago, feel bit better already, sweating like a motherfcuker though (tmi)

What is it? Sertraline? mg?

Effexor 150 mg
    Serpoquel 100 mg

Effexor 150 mg
    Serpoquel 100 mg

That's enough to give you withdrawal symptoms alright. Did you get out for a walk yet?

No had a shower though, opened all the windows for air and just put on something to eat.
    Bout all I can manage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I really feel like becoming a hermit again like the old days.

Do you plan things in advance Hugo? Like going places

shezer wrote: »
    Do you plan things in advance Hugo? Like going places

I do yeah. I like to be prepared and hit the road early. I couldn't just do something on the spur of the moment.

Hugo, ur too much of a nice person to do that.

Shezer thanks for advice today

I do yeah. I like to be prepared and hit the road early. I couldn't just do something on the spur of the moment.

Do you plan because of the anxiety? If things don't go to plan do you find yourself getting panicked?

• Advertisement

Hugo, ur too much of a nice person to do that.

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

Do you plan because of the anxiety? If things don't go to plan do you find yourself getting panicked?

Yeah I plan because of the anxiety. If things do go wrong then I panic. I generally don't do a lot outside of my immediate control or comfort zone because of that.

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

:pac:

I'm just finding myself being increasingly in a "can't be arsed" kinda mood. Trying to change things isn't really working, due to my lack of enthusiasm, so why bother.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've been feeling extremely depressed of late. I've been suffering from depression on and off (mainly on) since secondary school, with the exception of about three years in college (I did seven :eek:).

I think though, it's the paranoia that's by far the worst. It almost paralyses me at some stages, not allowing myself to function properly. I'm working at the moment and I know I'm in a position that I should enjoy as I like that particular kind of work (accountancy), but I keep being so hard on myself and beating myself up over the little things. And then, of course, that's where the paranoia comes in.

It's also so frustrating when some days can actually be quite good but can then be followed by one of the worst.

Of course, the other reason I've been feeling very down today is after my cat died. I know it may sound silly but still, I hope that doesn't trigger some deep depressive episode.

At least I'll be going back training next week after being out with a back strain so I'll have some form of exercise anyway. If nothing else, it'll take my mind off everything else, hopefully.

Waiting for the switch to flick and i'll never look back.....

Waiting for the switch to flick and i'll never look back.....

Hope you find it soon friend.
    Be nice to be able to step into that moment of clarity.

I'm extremely positive lately. I don't know is it the Sertraline helping but I feel like I'm near the end of a very rocky road

that's great shezer.
    Hope it brings you to happiness :)

that's great shezer.
    Hope it brings you to happiness :)

:) Thanks. See Hugos pic above. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

The horrors just started a new course and it fills me with dread every morning. .I really need to start talking to people it's getting weird!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I know the feeling :p

I'm extremely positive lately. I don't know is it the Sertraline helping but I feel like I'm near the end of a very rocky road

That's great to hear Shezer :)
    chinacup wrote: »
    The horrors just started a new course and it fills me with dread every morning. .I really need to start talking to people it's getting weird!
    cloud493 wrote: »
    I know the feeling :p

Hopefully the dread will pass soon guys :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

pretty much every time i do something new the anxiety kills me before. the anticipation of the event causes me such grief. im a man of repetition also, in that i prefer doing the same thing continuously rather than waking up to uncertainty every day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Right now I feel like I need to get out. away from everything. but why am I still so afraid. I'm obviously afraid that I'll be wrong, and that'll be the end and it'll all be for nothing. but then, I wouldn't know, would I. I'm acutely aware much of the time how we only get one chance, and maybe that's what it is. but jesus I am so so tired of feeling like the worst person in the world. I'm so by myself. I am the cause of all the problems with people. And I am so tired of aware of that. Being made aware of it. Most other people don't seem to know or care about being dicks to other people, and get on fine in life. But me, I have to hear it and feel it all the time.

I hate my family for the way they've made me turn out. Why would anyone have children if this is what you're going to do to them.

There's too much going on in my brain sometimes, and I just want to shoot myself to make it stop. All I have is negative stuff from other people, from myself because of other people. I'm really not worth anything to anybody. No matter how anyone might say they love me, they just don't. Not really. Not the way I need. I'm not a bad person. I try not to be. I just try to be happy. And yet all I get is this ****e in my brain. How am I always doing the wrong thing when I try so hard to do the right thing.

I just want it to be over. No problems, no crying, no criticism.

^^^^^^^
    Hi first of all well done for posting you seem to be going through a really rough patch, I really feel for you.

Are you getting any support I.e. GP or councellor?

Life may seem sh*t now, but please try take things easy and be kind to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I don't have any counsellor, none of them have been much use to me. And my doctor is difficult. I need to work on my confidence. And find a way to get all this negative crap out of my head.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    I don't have any counsellor, none of them have been much use to me. And my doctor is difficult. I need to work on my confidence. And find a way to get all this negative crap out of my head.

Hey. Hope you feel better than earlier today. Can you elaborate a bit on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dr.Alucard

seriously, please do start talking to other people on the course, it gets better i promise you!! i dreaded going into my course everyday untill i bit the bullet and just started talking to people. I know its really hard, i suffer from social anxiety so sometimes im freaking out in my head, but im still forcing myself to talk to people and you know what, im actually getting a weird buzz out of it and smiling to myself in my head after doing it and also people have started to warm up and talk to me which also give me a little buzz. try it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Having a bad dose of it today now.. I've proactively tried to address anxiety issues te last few weeks, but it's been pretty bad today. Annoyed with myself. It's triggered today by thinking about a toxic friend of mine back home ( I'm in Canada) it bothers me far more than it should. Can't concentrate or think straight. Going to do some yoga or mediation when I get home later.

I've also had this thing for a while where if I get a phone call, text, email etc I automatically assume it will be bad or distressing news. Anyone else have something like this? Actively trying to do something about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Yup, mostly email with me. I put ti down to having a crap work situation and feeling the pressure - emails could be extra work, someone complaining about something, etc. Right now this evening I sent an email with a glowing recommendation to someone who did work for me and when I saw "one new message" and KNEW it was gonna be a reply from them I still felt uneasy. Anxiety is a strange thing indeed.

btw it sounds good that you know things that trigger your anxiety.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement