Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Roquentin wrote: »
    tis roasting alright tonight lads and ladies

Im glad its not just me! Really uncomfortable, I'd sit in the nip only I'd frighten myself with that sight! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Just in from a walk and it was quite warm. Still able to wear shorts. I'd say that's the end of it though. The summer was great for the evening walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone have any short term tips for helping with anxiety? About to go for a weekend away and been in bits all morning with nausea and anxiety. It's been ongoing for me the past year or so, have been reccomended onto a Psychologist but haven't arranged an appointment yet.

Not looking forward to the weekend now as I'm probably going to feel like this the whole weekend.

stuba wrote: »
    Anyone have any short term tips for helping with anxiety? About to go for a weekend away and been in bits all morning with nausea and anxiety. It's been ongoing for me the past year or so, have been reccomended onto a Psychologist but haven't arranged an appointment yet.

Not looking forward to the weekend now as I'm probably going to feel like this the whole weekend.

Will there be Alcohol?

There was the possibility but the way im feeling right now there won't be as I will feel 100 times worse after.

• Advertisement

stuba wrote: »
    There was the possibility but the way im feeling right now there won't be as I will feel 100 times worse after.

You most likely will feel worse with alcohol. Avoid it and know that you don''t need it. If you're really really bad at the moment, I would avoid going anywhere. Stay in your safe place.

If you think you can go then do so but try and get some exercise. It doesn't have to be a full on run. A gentle walk will help. Talk to people. Stay busy to avoid ruminating.

If you can go on this weekend and get through it and say "Anxiety is not going to stop me from enjoying my life", then you will feel a lot better about it and how you approach it in future.

shezer wrote: »
    You most likely will feel worse with alcohol. Avoid it and know that you don''t need it. If you're really really bad at the moment, I would avoid going anywhere. Stay in your safe place.

If you think you can go then do so but try and get some exercise. It doesn't have to be a full on run. A gentle walk will help. Talk to people. Stay busy to avoid ruminating.

If you can go on this weekend and get through it and say "Anxiety is not going to stop me from enjoying my life", then you will feel a lot better about it and how you approach it in future.

Thanks for your help and advice. I'm going to dublin for the GAA so will have to go through with it. I think my biggest problem is the lack of consistency with ththe anxiety. Like it doesn't happen everytime and there doesnt seem to be any particular pattern to it.

It's the nausea as a result of the anxiety that cripples me more than anything. Appetite goes, feel sick (get sick sometimes and it tends to help), then I'm completely drained. Once the event or whatever passes the anxiety lifts and I'm as good as back to normal. It's headwrecking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I can't get out of bed. I wanted to do stuff before work but managing to get to work now seems like it will be a struggle...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I feel dead inside. If it wasn't for work I would never leave the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

If it wasn't for work I would never leave the house.

Work, Tesco and petrol is all I get out of the house for. :-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Work, Tesco and petrol is all I get out of the house for. :-/

yup it more or less summarizes it well.. except no work and study instead..

had to go to college this morning so will go straight to bed now.. lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Really struggling with anxiety today. Such a horrible feeling, like a wave of despair and dread. Feel like I'm on the verge but trying to remove myself from triggering situations and just close my eyes & breathe. If I can get through today I'll be okay :)

Best of luck there Alaska

What are we doing for the weekend folks....other than worrying?

What are we doing for the weekend folks....other than worrying?

Not much sir. How about you there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Really struggling with anxiety today. Such a horrible feeling, like a wave of despair and dread. Feel like I'm on the verge but trying to remove myself from triggering situations and just close my eyes & breathe. If I can get through today I'll be okay :)

many times this is for me just about enough.. and i need to remind myself of that but when i do it feels good..

so thanks for the reminder today :)...

Ben and Holly's little kingdom marathon while surfing the web of course.

I find the weekends very boring and unsatisfying at times.

Do you like sport Stiglitz?

Do you like sport Stiglitz?

I'm not a sports man at all I'm afraid. I'd be closer to the nerd side of things :D:o

• Advertisement

Weekends suck without a social life ie pub.
    Tempted to get a bottle of alcoholic grape juice.....

handbagmad wrote: »

Go wild H! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Meh. I'm sitting watching x factor having a cigarette or two.

Wine?

Didn't have wine last night but feel like I did.
    Tired and down today

Didn't have wine last night but feel like I did.
    Tired and down today

Is it nice outside where you are? A walk would probably help a lot

Is it nice outside where you are? A walk would probably help a lot

my body is thinking that but can't seem to lift my head off the pillow

my body is thinking that but can't seem to lift my head off the pillow

Hope ya feel better soon H