Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoT Illiterate Season 4 finale *HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

twinex wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me (more specific than Easteros) where Varys and Tyrion are going?, that is if it was mentioned of course.

There wasn't anything more specific said I don't think. Just Jamie saying Varys had secured passage to Essos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Pugsly wrote: »
    There wasn't anything more specific said I don't think. Just Jamie saying Varys had secured passage to Essos.

Nice new locations for next year, also wonder what will happen with Stannis now, will he ride to the north to take Winterfell off the Boltons or will he help fight the walkers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭bren2001

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Nice new locations for next year, also wonder what will happen with Stannis now, will he ride to the north to take Winterfell off the Boltons or will he help fight the walkers?

I presumed they were heading to Bravos, although it is not mentioned at all.

The Stannis arc is interesting. He owes the Iron Bank a lot of money which means he cant stay and fight the Walkers. I imagine he plans on riding south and getting the North to rally around him. He needs to take KL to start financing his debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Can someone confirm for me if John Snow knows about his brother and stepmother?

h9D0E9BE9

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

Essos of course. (Easteros!?, jesus)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Essos of course. (Easteros!?, jesus)

I quite like easteros :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Can anyone tell me (more specific than Easteros) where Varys and Tyrion are going?, that is if it was mentioned of course.

Essos is the entire continent, it was mentioned that the ship is heading to the Free Cities.

That means its one of the following

Braavos · Lorath · Norvos · Qohor · Pentos · Tyrosh · Myr · Lys · Volantis

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

So wait.....is Stannis a "Good Guy" now? Has he always been? Could it be possible that he recruits a strong wildling force and then rally up the remaining Northerners and maybe even the army of the Vale? Then you would have Stannis' Army, The Red Woman, The Golden Company, Wildling Force, Armies Loyal to the Starks, Army of the Vale (and maybe even the Tyrells) , Brotherhood without Banners Vs. Boltons and a diminishing Lannister Force...If that were the case I'd say Go team Stannis. But this is GOT so Stannis will probabaly be killed by Hodor next series or something :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ser Davos for the Iron Throne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Tywin threatens to hang any whore he catches with Tyrion

And then he bangs Shea himself

Not something I was expecting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

DL Saint wrote: »
    So wait.....is Stannis a "Good Guy" now? Has he always been? Could it be possible that he recruits a strong wildling force and then rally up the remaining Northerners and maybe even the army of the Vale? Then you would have Stannis' Army, The Red Woman, The Golden Company, Wildling Force, Armies Loyal to the Starks, Army of the Vale (and maybe even the Tyrells) , Brotherhood without Banners Vs. Boltons and a diminishing Lannister Force...If that were the case I'd say Go team Stannis. But this is GOT so Stannis will probabaly be killed by Hodor next series or something :P

Good?

Stannis burned his uncle alive for refusing to refute the old gods for the 'one true god'.

I would also have serious concerns about what Mellisandre has in store for Stannis daughter who seems to have jumped from tradition and displays a personality. Not really holding out for Stannis to see the light (da dum) and protect her.

Either way, Stannis is a ruthless, religiously fanatical bore (the last bit being the worst! ;p )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Regarding whether Stannis is good or bad, he's the greyest shade of grey in a story full of grey characters..
    He does bad things (burning his uncle alive for not worshipping the lord of light, chopping Davos' fingers off for being a smuggler) but they're all, in his eyes, for the greater good.
    He never wanted to be king, it was a position that fell to him through Westeros' laws and customs. But now that he is, he will do whatever it takes to be recognized as such. Things like religion, black magic, buying mercenaries, they're all beneath Stannis but with a throne to sit on he has to lower his morals, again for the greater good.
    Basically he's neither good nor bad, but he is the lawful and rightful king of Westeros and is duty bound to fight for recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

So wait.....is Stannis a "Good Guy" now? Has he always been?

More like Lawful Stupid. He's not the best and he's not the worst. But whatever his personal faults, he seems like the sort of guy who would actually stop his campaigning for a bit to prevent Westeros from being invaded if he gets the chance, which is more than you can say about some claimants for the Iron Throne.

It remains to be seen if he can be convinced of the true existential threat to Westeros, but with that fire witch whispering in his ear, he's probably more predisposed to believe in ice monsters than the Lannisters would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

GerB40 wrote: »
    he is the lawful and rightful king of Westeros and is duty bound to fight for recognition.

Technically Dany is the lawful ruler - her father was overthrown in a rebellion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

loyatemu wrote: »
    Technically Dany is the lawful ruler - her father was overthrown in a rebellion.

Robert's rebellion gave him a recognised right to the throne by conquest. Upon his death, that right falls to Stannis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Good guy or not, he's the only one of the Kings claiming the throne who shows up to actually protect the realm.

What about Gendry ? As Roberts oldest son would he not be the heir before Stannis bastard or not ? Is that not why the Lannisters had all his bastards killed ?

I also wouldn't class him as a good guy really. Misguided and stupid would probably be a better description. He's done a lot of dodgy stuff in the name of the Lord of Light. His protection of the realm from the wildlings is just another angle for him to gain power and if he does I doubt it'll be all peace and prosperity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Gendry has not been legitimised so is not his heir.

Gendry has not been legitimised so is not his heir.

So the Lannisters were more just killing the bastards to hide the evidence of the fact none of Roberts actual children were anything like Cersi and Jamies then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

So the Lannisters were more just killing the bastards to hide the evidence of the fact none of Roberts actual children were anything like Cersi and Jamies then ?

Roberts bastards were living, breathing proof that Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen were not his. They actually proved the stories about Cersei and Jaime to be true which was far worse because it was effectively a death sentence for Cersei, Jaime and their bastard offspring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ok, I've been rewatching a bit of Season 3 and something makes me wonder about the Hound...
    After winning trial by combat with Beric Dondarrion, they're releasing him and Arya protests, Beric tells her it's not their place to judge and then says "Go in peace Sandor Clegane, the lord of light isn't done with you yet" and this has me wondering about the Hound's fate, suggesting he's got some sort of destiny, so now I'm wondering if the brotherhood without banners don't stumble upon him again and revive him and he joins up with them? Not beyond the realms of possibility, but after being so sure the Mountain was a goner and I was adamant that he wasn't gonna get back up again, I'm a little hesitent to call someone's death now unless it's Oberynly obvious and we didn't actually see the Hound die, did we?

Edit: I know I've been told spoiler tags aren't nessecary for speculation from what we've seen in the show, but it's kinda habit.

Links234 wrote: »
    Ok, I've been rewatching a bit of Season 3 and something makes me wonder about the Hound...
    After winning trial by combat with Beric Dondarrion, they're releasing him and Arya protests, Beric tells her it's not their place to judge and then says "Go in peace Sandor Clegane, the lord of light isn't done with you yet" and this has me wondering about the Hound's fate, suggesting he's got some sort of destiny, so now I'm wondering if the brotherhood without banners don't stumble upon him again and revive him and he joins up with them? Not beyond the realms of possibility, but after being so sure the Mountain was a goner and I was adamant that he wasn't gonna get back up again, I'm a little hesitent to call someone's death now unless it's Oberynly obvious and we didn't actually see the Hound die, did we?

Edit: I know I've been told spoiler tags aren't nessecary for speculation from what we've seen in the show, but it's kinda habit.

What Beric Dondarian said I would simply take as "He didnt see fit to take you're life this time" more than "He has a job for you in future". But regardless of what else was said or done I don't think you can assume anyone is dead unless you see them die. They were only 10 miles from the bloody gates and although broken up and having a banjaxed leg the Hound was still alive and shouting (not far from whatever path they were both travelling to and from the Bloody Gates) when we last seen him.

Word would surely reach Littlefinger too from the guards that Sandor Clegane and Arya Stark were at the gates. So there is a chance he will survive.

What Beric Dondarian said I would simply take as "He didnt see fit to take you're life this time" more than "He has a job for you in future".

See, that's what I thought the first time too, but now I'm half wondering if it isn't the latter? But yeah, this is just idle speculation on my part

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

No way will Tyrells team up with Stannis after he killed Renly - plus Mace is on Council so they firmly with the Lannisters imo

I see Stannis as a good guy who has been corrupted by Red Woman..

Following is if you listen to Season 2 "History and Folklore" (available on youtube)
    in regards Stannis role in Roberts Rebellion you will see he was treated badly for his loyalty with Renly getting Storms End despite the hardship Stannis went through.

Haha Links "Oberynly obvious" - love it haha :D

wprathead wrote: »
    No way will Tyrells team up with Stannis after he killed Renly - plus Mace is on Council so they firmly with the Lannisters imo

I see Stannis as a good guy who has been corrupted by Red Woman..

Following is if you listen to Season 2 "History and Folklore" (available on youtube)
    in regards Stannis role in Roberts Rebellion you will see he was treated badly for his loyalty with Renly getting Storms End despite the hardship Stannis went through.

I doubt they care about Renly, he was a means to and end just as Joffrey was before they killed him and just as Tommen is now.

The only reason they wouldn't have anything to do with Stannis is because Tommen on the throne with Margaery as his queen is what they want.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I doubt they care about Renly, he was a means to and end just as Joffrey was before they killed him and just as Tommen is now.

Ser Loras would have a thing or two to say about that probably, though the rest of the Tyrells would agree with you I'm sure.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ser Loras would have a thing or two to say about that probably, though the rest of the Tyrells would agree with you I'm sure.

That's true. The end Loras was after was slightly different than what the rest were after....

wprathead wrote: »
    Haha Links "Oberynly obvious" - love it haha :D

:pac:

At this point I'm not ruling anyone deceased unless they lose their head, or otherwise get Jojen'd to smithereens. And even then I'm not ruling out a headless Ned Stark stumbling around King's Landing

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »

Aye, Loras was goin on about how he would kill Stannis in season 2
    Plus Mace and Stannis have history from Roberts Rebellion - all explained in the excellent "History and Folklore" on the Blu-Ray boxset, can view on youtube- really recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it

Advertisement