Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoT Illiterate Season 4 finale *HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭golfball37

Pugsly wrote: »
    Problem is all the wildling clans are most likely just unified to fight a war against the "southerners". Remember what Ygritte was talking about, "They came up here, put up a big wall and said it was theirs". I doubt Mance could have unified all the clans with "Its not safe here, we need to get to the other side of the wall".

He told Jon Snow when they first met the thing that united them was -he told them if they didn't go south they'd all be dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

golfball37 wrote: »
    He told Jon Snow when they first met the thing that united them was -he told them if they didn't go south they'd all be dead.

That does ring a bell now that you mention it. But it still means they united to fight the nights watch as the tunnel through the wall was the only way to get there. They were united against a common enemy with a common purpose.

Once south of the wall though all that changes. I suppose some of the clans might decide to fight for Stannis as mercenaries, like the clans that fought for Tywin against Rob Stark. But I'm not sure how Mance remains their "king" or controls an army or keeps them unified when the only thing that unified them was fighting the nights watch to get south of the wall before winter.

They wouldn't be "free folk" no more if they bend the knee literally or figuratively to Stannis the king of the seven kingdoms. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

The doctor guy said that if he manages to save the Mountain, he'll still have his strength but he'll be changed in some way. I think it's a possibility that he my be a bit mindless, but if he still has his strength he could be used as just a mindless killing machine that she can just use at her behest.

If he turns out to be a mindless killing machine that she can just use at her behest isn't that leaving him completely unchanged?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Can anyone tell me without any spoilers or hints of a spoiler. Where the heck are the White Walkers gone to? We see them advancing at the end of Season 2. We see them taking babies from the nutjob with his harem.
    Now we are at the end of Season 4 & a army of 100K plus camp followers report no interaction with them except they are coming IE Winters coming!

I know that horse was dead that the leader of the white walkers was on but still!!

Where are they?

PS how the hell did Bran & co get around the Wall? We never saw them going through it, around it or over it.

bluesfan wrote: »
    If he turns out to be a mindless killing machine that she can just use at her behest isn't that leaving him completely unchanged?

Yeah he's a mindless killing machine as it is. The only thing I can think of in the way of a change is he'll suffer some brain damage and end up a bit simple. Cersei might then think him useless and send him off. Where he meets his match his new best friend. "Hodor ?" - "Gregor ?" - "Hodor !" - "Gregor !".

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me without any spoilers or hints of a spoiler. Where the heck are the White Walkers gone to? We see them advancing at the end of Season 2. We see them taking babies from the nutjob with his harem.
    Now we are at the end of Season 4 & a army of 100K plus camp followers report no interaction with them except they are coming IE Winters coming!

I know that horse was dead that the leader of the white walkers was on but still!!

Where are they?

They are north of the wall somewhere. I'd assume they are waiting for winter to go about whatever it is they plan on doing. Their doings were noticed by the wildlings when Jon Snow was with them iirc. Bodies or the group of nights watchmen he was with and horses missing before Jon climbed the wall.

PS how the hell did Bran & co get around the Wall? We never saw them going through it, around it or over it

Sam showed them an old secret unused tunnel through the wall I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

They are north of the wall somewhere. I'd assume they are waiting for winter to go about whatever it is they plan on doing.

Maybe their horses eat snow ;-)

Seriously it does seem to be a overstretched story arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Where are they?

I have been wondering that myself
    PS how the hell did Bran & co get around the Wall? We never saw them going through it, around it or over it.

We did see that, they were holed up in another castle further up the wall from Castle Black when Sam and Gilly turned up having gotten under the wall there when escaping the Walkers using Sam's unique ability to use information contained in books

He gave them some of the Whitewalker killing shards he found from the first men

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

That's what I thought, he seemed pretty well under lanister control so far. I expect he won't be after his recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Yeah he's a mindless killing machine as it is. The only thing I can think of in the way of a change is he'll suffer some brain damage and end up a bit simple. Cersei might then think him useless and send him off. Where he meets his match his new best friend. "Hodor ?" - "Gregor ?" - "Hodor !" - "Gregor !".
    Maybe we'll see the 'Undead Mountain'.

''He cannot be killed.....again!''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Well, no, becuase as it stands he can still speak properly and think for himself. He works for the Lannisters, but he's still a thinking human being. Presumably if he is going to be changed from the operation but still retain his strength, it's something with his mind that is going to go awry.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Well, no, becuase as it stands he can still speak properly and think for himself. He works for the Lannisters, but he's still a thinking human being. Presumably if he is going to be changed from the operation but still retain his strength, it's something with his mind that is going to go awry.

If that the case they should be a little worried.. If he turns out to be a loose cannon (who may not follow orders) then that would be bad... Not that I care though as I hate Cersei (wish Tyrian took her out too)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

My thoughts on the Walkers is that maybe they are not at full power until Winter is in full swing? If they went South when it was still Autumn they'd probably decompose or something haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ooh, maybe Bran could control the mountain then. Not as cool as controlling a dragon, but still

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Ye like many other really curious to what will happen to the Mountain. If he survives (which you would think he'd have to otherwise why bother with that scene) what abomination will he be? And isn't the lad who is helping him the same guy that tended to Jaime Lanister's hand who said he used to be Maester but was thrown out for doing bold and dangerous experiments. Can't wait to see what will happen to the Mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see what will happen to the Mountain.

Still holding out hopes for The Hound vs. The Mountain, Brother vs Brother.

Sounds like a WWE promo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Ye like many other really curious to what will happen to the Mountain. If he survives (which you would think he'd have to otherwise why bother with that scene) what abomination will he be? And isn't the lad who is helping him the same guy that tended to Jaime Lanister's hand who said he used to be Maester but was thrown out for doing bold and dangerous experiments. Can't wait to see what will happen to the Mountain.

Yeah, I think the Maester is a bit of a Frankenstein character, so I imagine something very odd indeed is going to happen with the Mountain. His mind is going to be tampered with in some way.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, I think the Maester is a bit of a Frankenstein character, so I imagine something very odd indeed is going to happen with the Mountain. His mind is going to be tampered with in some way.

Maybe he'll just be a really nice guy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I feel like he's going to go on a rampage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Degag wrote: »
    Still holding out hopes for The Hound vs. The Mountain, Brother vs Brother.

Sounds like a WWE promo!

That scene was shot years and years ago in preparation for the show you can see the full scene that didn't make it into the show here, which finally lays to rest any and all Mountain vs Hound debate :D

/I'll ban myself now :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ShetlandViking

As Mance Rayder would say (about Shae): "She was our enemy, and I'm glad she's dead."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

calex71 wrote: »
    That scene was shot years and years ago in preparation for the show you can see the full scene that didn't make it into the show here, which finally lays to rest any and all Mountain vs Hound debate :D

/I'll ban myself now :P

Thought at the very least you'd put a Undertaker and Kane video up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just finished the last 2 eps last night. Kit Harrington was unreal in them.

Without doubt the best TV show I've ever watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Just finished the last 2 eps last night. Kit Harrington was unreal in them.

Without doubt the best TV show I've ever watched.

Same here. No other show has made my heart race with fear & excitement like GOT.

I've decided I can't wait a year for the next season though so I bought the first two books and I'm about 230 pages through the first one. Well worth doing I'd say even at the early stage I'm at.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

RichFTW wrote: »
    Same here. No other show has made my heart race with fear & excitement like GOT.

I've decided I can't wait a year for the next season though so I bought the first two books and I'm about 230 pages through the first one. Well worth doing I'd say even at the early stage I'm at.

I was in a similar situation after season 2, my plan was to read only the first two so I wouldn't ruin season 3 on my self.Was At some point during book 2 I got addicted and went on to read all of them within a couple of months :p

Enjoy, would love to be starting them for the first time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

I've decided I can't wait a year for the next season though so I bought the first two books and I'm about 230 pages through the first one.

Heretic. The thread title clearly says it's for people who HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS. What could a book reader like you possibly have to gain from posting in a thread that is so clearly not for you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Anachrony wrote: »
    Heretic. The thread title clearly says it's for people who HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS. What could a book reader like you possibly have to gain from posting in a thread that is so clearly not for you? :p

Ha ha. The books add a bit of character background and additional story lines not in the show though so are worth reading.

Like finding out Winterfell was actually a giant spaceship really caught me off guard. And who would have seen Cersei turning into a dragon coming. Highly interesting 230 pages so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ha ha. The books add a bit of character background and additional story lines not in the show though so are worth reading.

Like finding out Winterfell was actually a giant spaceship really caught me off guard. And who would have seen Cersei turning into a dragon coming. Highly interesting 230 pages so far!

Have you gotten to the part where the whole main cast die off and are replaced with steampunk themed robots?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Have you gotten to the part where the whole main cast die off and are replaced with steampunk themed robots?

Reported! :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

Can anyone tell me (more specific than Easteros) where Varys and Tyrion are going?, that is if it was mentioned of course.

Advertisement