Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoT Illiterate Season 4 finale *HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS*

Options
  • 16-06-2014 4:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭

Well boys. That was some episode hey. Certainly wasn't expecting another high budget affair but was gladly proven wrong. Pity we didn't get more of Bran's story way up north. x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Pretty awesome all around. Stannis' army battle scene, the skeletons and that raven guy, the hound croaks it, tyrion and shae was intense, as was tywin. And Varus is a true bro.

Fúcking shae

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Great episode, so much happened! The skeleton fight scenes were fantastic. Pity about Shae

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Anyone else get some 'Army of Darkness' flashbacks during that episode?

"Keep your damn filthy bones out of my mouth."

Hopefully The Hound gets a few dabs of the magic sponge somehow, and get's back in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone else get some 'Army of Darkness' flashbacks during that episode?

"Keep your damn filthy bones out of my mouth."

Hopefully The Hound gets a few dabs of the magic sponge somehow, and get's back in the game.

He's not coming back from that.

Unlike his brother who it seems like is going to be resurrected from the dead by that shady maester :mad: let the bastard die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i wonder is he gonna be resurrected like Bane from that cheesey batman movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Spunge wrote: »
    i wonder is he gonna be resurrected like Bane from that cheesey batman movie

They're going to pump him full of Venom.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Wow, best finale I have seen in ages. Great great television

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

<snip> Mod Note: Book readers should not be posting here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

<Snip> Edit: Removed quote from book reader
    You realise this thread is aimed at people who have Not read the books..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

IMG_59608768539131.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 46 road dog

Noooo not Tywin
    Im gonna miss Charles Dance
    I also had no idea who's army that was marching on the wildlings at the wall at first
    Maybe Stannis and The rest of nightswatch can join forces and march on the Boltons next
    Epic episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Terrific episode. Was worried at about 35 mins that it was still all about Jon Snow and the Wildlings, but the second half managed to give us closure on most of the other storylines! Gwan Tyrion! Anyone know where the ship is going? I knew he was going to rescue Tyrion! Just had to bone his sister once more :D

311029.png

Felt bad for the Hound :( And now Brienn is going to spend the rest of her life looking for Arya *facepalm* It was some fight though! I did do one of these though when Arya handed yer man the coin: \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Happy Father's Day btw :D

311030.png

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

Well I guess we now know where the CGI budget for this season went! What an episode! It had everything!:D That scene with the dragons could well have been a foreshadowing of them turning on her.

Delighted that Tywin was told his legacy was a lie before he died.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

The Hound giving Brienne a cúntpunt was some viewing :pac:

Least he didn't gorge out her eyes like his brother - who it looks like is being resurrected and some how will be even "stronger"..

Horder was again kick ass when Bran wragged into him - that whole skeleton scene was savage..

Unfort the Stannis saving the Wall had been spoilered on me - but the Tywin scene totally got me by surprise... I mean - ON THE FECKING JACKS?!

Felt for the Dragons aswell geting locked up in darkness - has to be said that Daenarys storyline didn't exactly set the show alight this season for me personally..

Will the Starks FINALLY meet up when Ayra makes it to the Wall?

Dave! wrote: »
    =I knew he was going to rescue Tyrion! Just had to bone his sister once more :D

I'll be honest, was worried it was going to be a trap somehow - shows that I should trust Jamie more:D

So I guess this means Cercessi wedding with Loras is off - is Margarey and Tommin still gonna get it on ye think or will that fall apart with Tywin death?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Wow a lot to wrap up, gone away camping for next three days so I'll do it now before I try to survive without internet.

Firstly was a bit disappointed at the Hounds send off, like for such a good character it was an awful way to go, just lying there begging for death.

Twyin was shown to be a hypocrite sleeping with Shae while Tyrion was condemned for it. And while we mention Tyrion wow, he finally showed his bite is as bad as his bark. Wonder where he will end up now!

Wasn't expecting the Wall to be in it and was very surprised to see Stannis' army come charging in was fully expecting it to be the walkers.

Daenerys as well putting chains on her dragons was a very god scene. The "breaker of chains" not so much now.

And what the hell is going to happen to the Mountain, I do not trust that lad with him, going to be some abomination if he somehow saves him (which they way the scene was seems like he will).

Ahh can't wait for next season, the wait is going to be the tough part now.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

wprathead wrote: »
    but the Tywin scene totally got me by surprise... I mean - ON THE FECKING JACKS?!

A few episodes ago, Littlefinger was telling Robin about all the ways people die, and how living is what's important or some such. Guess what one of the possible ways he mentioned was?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Aw man, I'll so be in the minority here, but I was ever so slightly underwhelmed by that finale.

Losing The Hound like that was absolute balls. I know Arya had him on her deathlist, but I had hoped they had formed enough of a bond so that she wouldn't have been so cold towards him. Is she off to Bravos now then? Was hoping she'd manage to reunite with Sansa at least.

The Bran storyline, meh. Besides the cool skeleton fight, I'm still struggling to find any interest in his story, same with Khaleesi and her dragons.

Stannis' raid on the wildlings camp was very well done (I thought it was the Boltons at first) and I loved the scene between Jon and Mance in the tent. Stannis sure managed to buy his way back into the game!

Delighted to see Tywin finally meet his demise. I was never a big fan of the character, so his loss was definitely less of a wrench than the Hound for me. Just a shame Tyrion couldn't have taken out Cersei too. I wonder where he and Varys are being shipped too...

Maybe it was the hype the producers had promised for this episode, but for a finale, I just felt a tad disappointed. Just my opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Will the Starks FINALLY meet up when Ayra makes it to the Wall?

Arya is off to Bravos. I don't know why Arya and the hound weren't let into the Vale when the guards told her Lysa was dead

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Get in there Tyrion - I just knew he couldn't die, what an absolute boss :D

Arya is off to Bravos. I don't know why Arya and the hound weren't let into the Vale when the guards told her Lysa was dead

I guess they just turned around when they heard Lysa was dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

road dog wrote: »
    I guess they just turned around when they heard Lysa was dead

Could have at least invited them in out of courtesy. "Your aunt is dead, bye now"

One thing im scratching my head over is why did Stannis and his army land north of the wall.
    He must of known he would struggle to get past the wall not unless he is in cahoots with someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I was very suspicious of Jaime when he rescued Tyrion for some reason, I thought it was all a bit too convenient and that he was somehow tricking him. Then when Tyrion turned to got back I thought he was pushing his luck, much like Oberyn and that he'd surely end up dead.

You sure? Ayra asked to go to the Wall, the captain refused then Ayra used the magic coin oath thing - i assumed the captain would bring here to where she asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

You sure? Ayra asked to go to the Wall, the captain refused then Ayra used the magic coin oath thing - i assumed the captain would bring here to where she asked?

Yeah, I was thinking the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

She wanted to go to The Wall, but the captain said he was going home to Braavos. Then she remembered the coin Jaqen H'ghar gave her and gave it to him - he's bringing her to Jaqen/Braavos.

See clip in recap here: http://youtu.be/bDOH3Qs99Lw?t=18s

Edit: Do not read the comments in that YouTube link!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Season 4 was good but needed more white walkers :)

Advertisement