Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoT Illiterate Season 4 finale *HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Taylor365 wrote: »
    The Wildlings are known as savages (as you saw on the village raids) south of the wall. The night's watch also have history with them.

THIS is why they couldn't just waltz through....do you even watch the show?

Plus, as I've pointed out, among their ranks you have lads like the Thenns who are cannibals. Not the type you invite round for a cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Only read the last page or two.

Was just wondering was there a particular reason why Cersei wanted the Mountain saved at any cost?

I just don't see why she really cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Lemlin wrote: »
    Plus, as I've pointed out, among their ranks you have lads like the Thenns who are cannibals. Not the type you invite round for a cuppa.
    Inviting him round if fine it's what part of you he would use as biscuits that should worry you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

tok9 wrote: »

Was just wondering was there a particular reason why Cersei wanted the Mountain saved at any cost?

Guessing cause he is such an asset to the Lannisters - having such a feared ally.. plus he was her champion so she owes it to him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

The Wildlings are known as savages (as you saw on the village raids) south of the wall. The night's watch also have history with them.

THIS is why they couldn't just waltz through....do you even watch the show?
    Mance said they never wanted to kill anyone. And guaranteed they'd be no trouble. Stannis and Jon apparently believed him.
    Did you make a cuppa at that bit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 HungryJoe

A Lannister always pays her debts

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Mance said they never wanted to kill anyone. And guaranteed they'd be no trouble. Stannis and Jon apparently believed him.
    Did you make a cuppa at that bit?

Did you miss the episodes where the Wildlings had just attacked a number of villages? Whether they wanted to is not the point at that stage.

Stannis only spoke to Mance as he stood before him surrendering.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did you miss the episodes where the Wildlings had just attacked a number of villages? Whether they wanted to is not the point at that stage.

Stannis only spoke to Mance as he stood before him surrendering.
    So then they shouldn't let them through as they are a threat to the kingdom and covered by the oath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So then they shouldn't let them through as they are a threat to the kingdom and covered by the oath.

They will not be letting them through, it is like pulling teeth reading your posts you know that, maybe try watching the show? Or are you one of those who gets his kicks from knowing the answers, possibly already read the books but likes to mess with people?

The wildlings have surrendered to Stannis, they are no longer an invading army, what in the name of **** are you going to pretend is difficult about that to understand?

kryogen wrote: »
    They will not be letting them through, it is like pulling teeth reading your posts you know that, maybe try watching the show? Or are you one of those who gets his kicks from knowing the answers, possibly already read the books but likes to mess with people?

The wildlings have surrendered to Stannis, they are no longer an invading army, what in the name of **** are you going to pretend is difficult about that to understand?
    So even though they were all willing to die attacking the wall last week because the white walkers were coming they will now all surrender because Stannis is here and wait to be killed.
    Yeah. Got it now. No contradiction there.

• Advertisement

So even though they were all willing to die attacking the wall last week because the white walkers were coming they will now all surrender because Stannis is here and wait to be killed.
    Yeah. Got it now. No contradiction there.

You actually still pretend to not get it?

Honestly this is beyond a joke at this stage, and there is no point sticking you on ignore as someone will always quote you and respond to the drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Royce McCutcheon

Relax there

You actually still pretend to not get it?

Honestly this is beyond a joke at this stage, and there is no point sticking you on ignore as people always quote you.
    Fact that you couldn't explain contradiction noted.
    Maybe your own denied confusion has you so angry?

There is no contradiction. Has that explained it well enough for you?

You have me angry, every week. It is complete bull**** all the time, couldn't give a toss if it seems over the top right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

A here Dan , I've had enough at this point you've plenty of warnings and you are outright trolling at this point.

There is no contradiction. Has that explained it well enough for you?

You have me angry, every week. It is complete bull**** all the time, couldn't give a toss if it seems over the top right now.
    "Because I said so"?
    Wow, no wonder you have so much pent up frustration with those debating skills.

Mod Edit: He has been banned. Please stop reporting this post. :)

"Because I said so"?
    Wow, no wonder you have so much pent up frustration with those debating skills.

I had a post typed out here to go even further with reasoning, but whats the point?

Instead I will just say again, there is no contradiction, and its not because I said so. You perceive a contradiction where there is none. You pretend there is no difference in an invading army and prisoners. Thats on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

The Night's Watch doesn't really have the authority to do something like letting lots of wildlings through the wall; the land that they control south of the wall ins't huge, so it would, nominally I suppose, come under the remit of the Warden of the North or possibly the king to authorise such an action. Seeing that the Night's Watch's last interaction with king Joffrey Baratheon was to have their convoy slaughtered and pleas for aid ignored, I'd wager that communications between the two are strained at the moment.

The Night's Watch doesn't have many men and could easily be destroyed if thousands of wildlings are let through.

The wildlings can make it around or over the wall in dribs and drabs, but it's dangerous, both in the crossing and survival in the North. Crushing the Night's Watch in a pincer movement, and invading the North, seemed like a better idea to the vast majority.

After Stannis broke the wildlings with his cavalry, their strength is severely diminished. They can no longer realistically hope to break the Night's Watch, at least not whilst Stannis hangs around. They can either go back to attempting to cross in dribs and drabs, or hope for some sort of resolution with the crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

lol, this conversation makes for fun reading :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Burn him he's a witch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Tigger wrote: »
    Burn him he's a witch

Off topic but that reminded me of this gem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Better than a book:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Mod Edit: He has been banned. Please stop reporting this post. :)
    And now his watch has ended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Off topic but that reminded me of this gem :D

She turned me into a newt
    (It was ment to remind you )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I had a post typed out here to go even further with reasoning, but whats the point?

Instead I will just say again, there is no contradiction, and its not because I said so. You perceive a contradiction where there is none. You pretend there is no difference in an invading army and prisoners. Thats on you.
    Can i just say a few words?

The thoughts of Mance 'The Lance' Rayder:

Send that loud mouth Red beardo, Snows lover and those Cannibals to 'suss' out the castle. I hate those guys.

Big wall. Lots of wildlings. Not as many crows as Jon Snow says (Mance knows the crows). We can take em.

Stannis.

$hit.

A real army.

Die now or possibly strike a bargain to escape the whitewalkers and live another day? (Mance actually has a brain! The shock!)

To be continued. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Like East (Essos) and West (Westeros).

Arya to come across Ser Jorah on her travels maybe? :D

With Ser Jorah having got a royal pardon, he is allowed to go back to Bear Island now right?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Can i just say a few words?

The thoughts of Mance 'The Lance' Rayder:

Send that loud mouth Red beardo, Snows lover and those Cannibals to 'suss' out the castle. I hate those guys.

Big wall. Lots of wildlings. Not as many crows as Jon Snow says (Mance knows the crows). We can take em.

Stannis.

$hit.

A real army.

Die now or possibly strike a bargain to escape the whitewalkers and live another day? (Mance actually has a brain! The shock!)

To be continued. :rolleyes:

This... They only tried to take the wall when they knew the crows were weak and could beat them.. They also knew the crows were made up with theifs and like with very little to no fighting skills..

Now that there is an army (Stannis) there they have no hope of winning, even in the numbers they have...

Had they even made it past castle black they would have been taken care of eventually once they stumbled onto the Boltons..

Just my thoughts on things.. Otherwise they would have fought to the death once Stannis attacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

The doctor guy said that if he manages to save the Mountain, he'll still have his strength but he'll be changed in some way. I think it's a possibility that he my be a bit mindless, but if he still has his strength he could be used as just a mindless killing machine that she can just use at her behest.

I don't think there was any double talk from Mance, he said he didn't want to fight, he didn't want death, I believe that, he just wants to get his people to the other side of the wall out of fear of whatever Winter is bringing with it when it comes

Presumably something to do with the wight walkers, I think if he can get south by peaceful means he will, and would have all along. It is because they are being kept out, as they are savages that they have to fight their way there. With them surrendering to Stannis they will still most likely get to the south, now as prisoners most likely, but they may be co-opted into his army after that if they pledge to fight for him, an agreement can be worked out or a compromise over this whole, we don't kneel thing.

The title King beyond the wall will have to go and he will have to recognise the authority of Stannis at the very least I would imagine.

I don't think Mance has any designs on invading and conquering or ever did, it is all about survival for him, the 100,000 wildlings includes the families. Its a mass migration caused by fear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

I don't think there was any double talk from Mance, he said he didn't want to fight, he didn't want death, I believe that, he just wants to get his people to the other side of the wall out of fear of whatever Winter is bringing with it when it comes

Presumably something to do with the wight walkers, I think if he can get south by peaceful means he will, and would have all along. It is because they are being kept out, as they are savages that they have to fight their way there. With them surrendering to Stannis they will still most likely get to the south, now as prisoners most likely, but they may be co-opted into his army after that if they pledge to fight for him, an agreement can be worked out or a compromise over this whole, we don't kneel thing.

The title King beyond the wall will have to go and he will have to recognise the authority of Stannis at the very least I would imagine.

I don't think Mance has any designs on invading and conquering or ever did, it is all about survival for him, the 100,000 wildlings includes the families. Its a mass migration caused by fear.

Problem is all the wildling clans are most likely just unified to fight a war against the "southerners". Remember what Ygritte was talking about, "They came up here, put up a big wall and said it was theirs". I doubt Mance could have unified all the clans with "Its not safe here, we need to get to the other side of the wall".

So even if he does come to a deal, how does Mance control the wildlings ? What stops them splintering again and reverting back to a group of warring factions ? Why would they give a shíte about Stannis and his war or Mance and his promises once they are in the north in force ?

Advertisement