Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Not sure if this is for this thread, but something to note: I bought a second hand camera from Japan about four weeks ago. All went very well. Camera arrived to my door via Fedex on the very day the Japanese guy said it would.

Yesterday, I got a letter from Fedex looking for €51.18 in customs etc. Four. Weeks. Later.

Something to be conscious of if you're thinking of buy a watch outside the EU and seeing if you can get away without the charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Fitz II wrote: »
    Another back of the press find.....Free to forum regular. Everything seems to work fine. PM me and send me a stamped address envelope and its yours, good for a tinkerer or somebody that likes a orange watch. I have no details on it, cant even remember how I have it????
    /QUOTE]

And gone. thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Not sure if this is for this thread, but something to note: I bought a second hand camera from Japan about four weeks ago. All went very well. Camera arrived to my door via Fedex on the very day the Japanese guy said it would.

Yesterday, I got a letter from Fedex looking for €51.18 in customs etc. Four. Weeks. Later.

Something to be conscious of if you're thinking of buy a watch outside the EU and seeing if you can get away without the charges.

Fedex, DHL and the couriers will almost definitely charge custom duties on a package - it's only with national post systems that you can play VAT roulette in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Fedex, DHL and the couriers will almost definitely charge custom duties on a package - it's only with national post systems that you can play VAT roulette in my experience.

That's certainly my experience too.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Johnny1980

Just a Public Service Announcement.

There was a poster on here a while back (forget who) who put me onto selling watches to Chrono24 (they buy through another business). I looked into it and I had a couple of Rolex to sell and was dealing with mouthbreathers on Adverts and Facebook marketplace. Chrono24 offered me top money for the watches, paid for insured shipping and paid out in a rapid manner. I would defo go there first in the future, private buyers are just looking for too much discount on these watches, and the hassle of getting a watch to Chrono is fairly minimal.

€7750 given on the Milgauss and €15300 on the Pepsi they paid another 340 euro for insured currier too.

I recommend that if you selling something like that give them a shot.

Hi Fitz , I just want to confirm I had the same amazing experience with chrono24 but it depends on the watch you are selling .

My blue 2019 datejust was purchased by them for 8800 .

Quick summary put it on adverts , to many as fools offering pathetic cash .

Put the watch on chrono24 but I was given two options for this watch . Sell direct to chrono24 or put it on their normal BAU market.

Decides option 1 direct . Within 48 hours I received mail from them offering 8800 net . Now remember I has the watch on adverts and max bid was 7500 . Chrono24 booked a courier and picked up the watch paid for by them and I had the 8800 in account without paying fees within 3 days .

The rings is I also sold my blue reverso but I never had the option of selling it direct . Again depends on the watch.

Lastly as per Fitz’s original comments . Don’t waste your time selling to muppets and mouths on adverts . Try sell.chrono24.com first .

Hope it helps someone

• Advertisement

Johnny1980 wrote: »
    Hi Fitz , I just want to confirm I had the same amazing experience with chrono24 but it depends on the watch you are selling .

My blue 2019 datejust was purchased by them for 8800 .

Quick summary put it on adverts , to many as fools offering pathetic cash .

Put the watch on chrono24 but I was given two options for this watch . Sell direct to chrono24 or put it on their normal BAU market.

Decides option 1 direct . Within 48 hours I received mail from them offering 8800 net . Now remember I has the watch on adverts and max bid was 7500 . Chrono24 booked a courier and picked up the watch paid for by them and I had the 8800 in account without paying fees within 3 days .

The rings is I also sold my blue reverso but I never had the option of selling it direct . Again depends on the watch.

Lastly as per Fitz’s original comments . Don’t waste your time selling to muppets and mouths on adverts . Try sell.chrono24.com first .

Hope it helps someone

Just to add as a few typos there . Not all watches will have this option.

If in doubt email sell@chrono24.com . The main guy dealing with queries is called Falk .

I sold my datejust to them but the advised me they had not interest in my reverso .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

8.8k was very very very very good money for that! That was a 36mm of I recall?

I suspect you would have accepted 8k for it and be happy to get out what you put in so to speak.

C24 are paying crazy prices on Rolex it seems.

If in doubt email sell@chrono24.com . The main guy dealing with queries is called Falk .

I sold my datejust to them but the advised me they had not interest in my reverso .

THanks Johnny and thanks for the original lead. I didn't realise it was watch specific.

Its a real shame that we have to sell our watches back to dealers. Adverts was often a good source of watches, and I long championed it as a platform. However its getting obnoxious on there, the low balls and the nasty bastards. People think you are desperation selling and should be happy with any few sheckles they are kind enough to offer. Refusal often angers them.

Now that the UK is gone to buy and sell to, we are all going to get very used to mainland europe dealers, and thats a big big market. Adverts will die for high end watches if the buyers dont change their attitudes. Watches are super easy to value, and adverts often punishes the seller with the realistic price far more than the seller with the outlandish high price.

893bet wrote: »
    8.8k was very very very very good money for that! That was a 36mm of I recall?

I suspect you would have accepted 8k for it and be happy to get out what you put in so to speak.

C24 are paying crazy prices on Rolex it seems.
    For sure . All I was looking for was my money back on retail price

THanks Johnny and thanks for the original lead. I didn't realise it was watch specific.

Its a real shame that we have to sell our watches back to dealers. Adverts was often a good source of watches, and I long championed it as a platform. However its getting obnoxious on there, the low balls and the nasty bastards. People think you are desperation selling and should be happy with any few sheckles they are kind enough to offer. Refusal often angers them.

Now that the UK is gone to buy and sell to, we are all going to get very used to mainland europe dealers, and thats a big big market. Adverts will die for high end watches if the buyers dont change their attitudes. Watches are super easy to value, and adverts often punishes the seller with the realistic price far more than the seller with the outlandish high price.

I couldn’t agree more . Also just to add when I looked deeper into chrono24 they actually bought my reverso too . It was a different arm off chrono24 , a courier won’t affiliated with them . Name is below . But they don’t offer direct price you have to pay fees .

Company name affiliated with chrono24- Zeitauktion GmbH Laube/Seelent

It seems to me but chrono24 are buying up most of the secondary market . They even bid on my railmaster trilogy but I sold it here for same price minus fees .

The obviously have money to burn

• Advertisement

I couldn’t agree more . Also just to add when I looked deeper into chrono24 they actually bought my reverso too . It was a different arm off chrono24 , a courier won’t affiliated with them . Name is below . But they don’t offer direct price you have to pay fees .

Company name affiliated with chrono24- Zeitauktion GmbH Laube/Seelent

It seems to me but chrono24 are buying up most of the secondary market . They even bid on my railmaster trilogy but I sold it here for same price minus fees .

The obviously have money to burn

Sorry typo again , Zeitauktion GmbH Laube/Seelent they are a company affiliated with chrono24, not the same but under the same banner

So...... you have sold 20k worth of watches on last month.

Is there a big incoming?

So...... you have sold 20k worth of watches on last month.

Is there a big incoming?

Got a reverso 1931 ultra thin and a speedie 60th anniversary to replace these . Hope to buy a black datejust later in the summer too .

Got a reverso 1931 ultra thin and a speedie 60th anniversary to replace these . Hope to buy a black datejust later in the summer too .

Eh hello....photos please

Lovely watches. Seems a little sideways (I prefer the first three, that blue reverso you had was an amazing watch)?

You sold a reverso, a omega railmaster and a blue datejust.

And are buying...

A reverso, a omega speedmaster and a black datejust.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Going to offer this fella here before going to the dark side of adverts.ie....

42mm Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500 GMT Premium Ceramic

(Spec here)

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/ocean-titanium-500-gmt-premium.html

Photos attached below of the actual watch.

Inner/outer box, spare links & papers.

Excellent condition.

Hoping for 575 or thereabouts?

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »

(Spec here)

Excellent condition.

This should interest Hitemfrank https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116359937&postcount=148

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

It couldn't have been the 39mm, no? Swine.

Good luck with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I have wrists like Wibbs so the 49 lug to lug is no bueno for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Aye 49mm would be a bit of a stretch alright.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

That looks lovely. How much bigger in reality is the 42 compared to the 39 GMT (like I have). in terms of how they wear?

(I realise that's not really a question that can be answered virtually! :))

(Spec here)

Excellent condition.

Update:

Will consider trading for a steinhart pepsi gmt (39 or 42mm)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I wasn't aware that Chrono24 would buy direct from you

Thanks for the heads up

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Update:
    Will consider trading for a steinhart pepsi gmt (39 or 42mm)

An update to the update.
    Watch is sold/traded....to a mystery buyer.... :)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

An update to the update.
    Watch is sold/traded....to a mystery buyer.... :)

That's one even Scooby and Shaggy could figure out! :)

(And I would got away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky...!!! Etc etc) :pac:

Lovely watches. Seems a little sideways (I prefer the first three, that blue reverso you had was an amazing watch)?

You sold a reverso, a omega railmaster and a blue datejust.

And are buying...

A reverso, a omega speedmaster and a black datejust.

Sometimes sideways is ok . The 1931 reverso is amazing in the flesh though . The blue was nice but it was a bit too dressy for these times .

The trilogy speedie is just replacing the railmaster as I love the speedies and the black datejust is simply a purchase that is reliable and an excellent watch .

Want a Batman down stream and on a waiting list for another 2 years so when available I will sell the datejust for a decent price

Here is the reverso 1931 Fitz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

If you have the money for a reverso Johnny you can surely afford something that will take a decent picture, that looks like something my 5 year old takes on his vtech camera

stuchyg wrote: »
    If you have the money for a reverso Johnny you can surely afford something that will take a decent picture, that looks like something my 5 year old takes on his vtech camera

Will sort a decent one shortly 😂

• Advertisement

Hello all ,

Selling a few straps if anyone is in interested , feel free to message me and I can forward on photos

1- Tudor NATO camo 22mm strap is in good condition - 90 euro

2- JLC ostrich strap 20mm . Strap is like new - 150 euro

3 - Omega brown leather strap same 1957 speedie 20mm - 130 euro

4 - Genuine Omega clasp 20mm , excellent condition - 180 euro

5 - genuine longines legend diver clasp 22 mm , good condition- 70 euro

Advertisement