Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Ah Jesus Mick you’re killing me here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I've already got one of Mick's Stowas. :)

Great guy to deal with.

https://www.adverts.ie/23150789

Sinn 104 with obvious adverts tax included - good deal will be done in this parish as usual.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's a good price with a bracelet

Thanks Eoin! If anyone has a preference for either bracelet or strap I’m happy to part this out for a forum member. Leather and steel both making good money on eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

If you do separate them I would be interested in the bracelet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I'm putting up my 7750 flieger for sale.

From the now defunct Italian manufacturer Zeish Orologia, it is a classic design with the legendary ETA7750 movement and some lovely detailing.
    NjFhY2I0ZTU5MTRmMzRmZTc5NGYxMDBjMjVhMTllNmPuwZdyepM85UOTbKEBTiwMaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vN2QyN2U1MTVhZjUzOGVkOGU3MGRlNzE3MGFiODI2OTY0MzkyODE1YTNjNDczZjc0MGRmMGYxYmZjNmI3NWIwNy5qcGd8fHx8fHwxOTl4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

39mm and on a Strapcode double rivet leather strap. Running perfectly.

Substantial discount for member of this parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,789 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Lovely! That's a lot of watch for the money. Didn't know a 7750 would fit in a case that small. What thickness is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

unkel wrote: »
    Lovely! That's a lot of watch for the money. Didn't know a 7750 would fit in a case that small. What thickness is it?

Yeah, it is a lovely size.

However, it does suffer the usual 7750 issue of being about 14mm thick. It is a nicely sculpted case though, so wears very comfortably.

It is a lovely watch, and I very much like it, but I've too many pilot chronos, and this one wasn't getting the wear, despite the 7750 being so easy to set quickly and accurately due to the seconds and date hack.

Also, the company is interesting. It was around since the 30s, from what I can find, and did mid to high end manufacture with Swiss movements. Italian web sites still list quite a few of them, but I've never found another that looks like this. What I've found, even with the same movements, have usually been more dress watches.

So quite a bit of exclusivity there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Clearing out my wifes older watches and we found this lovely Raymond Weil. Not sure on the price so guessed a under half retail but if anyone on here is interested in a nice gift for the missus and wants to make an offer can talk :)

https://www.adverts.ie/dress/raymond-weil-ladies-chorus-watch/23299620

its this one

https://www.vinsonjewellers.com/?product=5892-pz-97200-raymond-weil-chorus-watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Selling my TAG, just not wearing it anymore.

As per usual there is a bit of adverts tax on it.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/tag-heuer-carrera-twin-time/22881707?notification=6e2a357f52b456ca6007124ddc9f0fc3-1613045105
    Seiko SKX013 also.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-skx013-dive-watch/22882255

Edit: Apparently with an unusual minute track as in no minutes on it. Never even noticed. Anyone any idea? This one been modded in the past?

The Seiko and the Citizen are still up for sale.
    The Seiko has a non standard minute ring so must have been modded in the past. I never really wore it and didnt even notice. I'll give a good bit off that.

The TAG I put up on Chrono24 and it was a good experience. Got 900 net there within a couple weeks and it was a smooth transaction.

Random one - anyone have a pair of curved 18mm spring bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I picked up a 22mm Tudor Camo Fabric NATO strap from Johnny1980 a little while ago.
    Wanted to pair it my BB58 and whilst it's a lovely strap, it just doesn't gel with the watch IMO.

€90 Inc shipping should anyone here want it?
    Pics below, it's in really nice condition IMO even better than Johnny described it.

MVIMG-20210328-195210.jpg
    MVIMG-20210328-195204.jpg
    IMG-20210328-195156.jpg
    MVIMG-20210328-195147.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

banie01 wrote: »
    I picked up a 22mm Tudor Camo Fabric NATO strap from Johnny1980 a little while ago.
    Wanted to pair it my BB58 and whilst it's a lovely strap, it just doesn't gel with the watch IMO.

€90 Inc shipping should anyone here want it?
    Pics below, it's in really nice condition IMO even better than Johnny described it.

All I can see in the pics is a buckle and two keepers? Where is the strap?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fitz II wrote: »

I'm seeing 4 pics total?
    Buckle and keepers front and back.
    Full strap front and back.

I'll take a look in desktop mode in a few and see if it's a link issue.

bollox! Ya caught me there Fitz, :pac: :pac: :D
    Well played ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

I’m looking for a half link for speedmaster bracelet to help with sizing if anyone as any available. 1998 bracelet with push pins.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Hi folks,

I’m looking for a half link for speedmaster bracelet to help with sizing if anyone as any available. 1998 bracelet with push pins.

Cheers,
    Mick

Sorry to hear the full size link didn't work out for you Mick - did you try placing the extra link on the other side of the bracelet first? Also - the clasp comes with 3 micro-adjust positions - do none of those positions work (in combination with the extra full size link)?

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Sorry to hear the full size link didn't work out for you Mick - did you try placing the extra link on the other side of the bracelet first? Also - the clasp comes with 3 micro-adjust positions - do none of those positions work (in combination with the extra full size link)?

looks like i only have 2 micro adjusts on the clasp TF. Its not terribly loose but id like to try with half link at some point. I only just put it on so ill give it a few weeks to see... i do like the erikas nato on it as its hard to beat the comfort level and fit.. ill probably find its to tight with a half link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

looks like i only have 2 micro adjusts on the clasp TF. Its not terribly loose but id like to try with half link at some point. I only just put it on so ill give it a few weeks to see... i do like the erikas nato on it as its hard to beat the comfort level and fit.. ill probably find its to tight with a half link :)

Only sensible solution - put on pandemic pounds then... Like many a bride would say - you don't get a Vera Wang dress to fit you, you fit into the Vera Wang :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Johnny1980

Fitz II wrote: »

Best strap I ever had . I just don’t have any 22mm watches anymore .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭CarProblem

Half thinking of putting my Oris Clean Ocean up for sale to buy a BB58

It's in excellent condition bar a scuff on the bracelet (I'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow). Just wondering would anyone be interested before I throw it up on adverts - PM me if so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I've given up buying watches for lent

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Hi - in the last week or so, someone here posted the website of a watch dealer (in Germany, I think) which they recommended for good value and service, and for the life of me I cannot find it. I went and looked and the dealer looked legit and seemed to have good prices.

Can anyone remember what the website was? I can't even find it in my browser history.

Muchos gracias todos. FdP

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Hi - in the last week or so, someone here posted the website of a watch dealer (in Germany, I think) which they recommended for good value and service, and for the life of me I cannot find it. I went and looked and the dealer looked legit and seemed to have good prices.

Can anyone remember what the website was? I can't even find it in my browser history.

Muchos gracias todos. FdP

I think it was Fitz, he threw up a link to the eBay store of a dealer.

Time wrote: »
    I think it was Fitz, he threw up a link to the eBay store of a dealer.

Yep, I think you may be right. I'll message him, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭893bet

https://ebay.ie/usr/watchmaster_icp

I think that’s the shop.

893bet wrote: »
    https://ebay.ie/usr/watchmaster_icp

I think that’s the shop.

That's the one, many thanks. Prices seem reasonable. I'm hoping to be able to have a little splurge in for course. Will be seeking advice here before though I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

I've given up buying watches for lent

And you'll still have a different watch for each day of lent :-)

Hi folks,

I’m toying with selling my omega aqua terra ‘skyfall’ 38.5mm

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-150m-omega-co-axial-38-5-mm-23110392103001

Pretty clean condition. Full bracelet. Red omega box. No warranty cards. These are quite hard to find and pretty collectible. I’m close to 3k into it so would like to get close to that back for it. Not in a major rush to sell

Cheers,
    Mick

372-C90-F3-885-D-46-BF-A90-F-E0-AD9228-ED0-D.jpg
    14-A20319-DFE5-4214-9352-1-B62-AE5250-F0.jpg
    CA5-C1993-A6-A5-4-DBD-A30-F-C1-CA78-B4256-C.jpg
    C398-FF93-607-B-4-FBB-BBE9-4-AC4-E86-BD9-B9.jpg
    E4-D247-A3-74-EB-412-E-8-D08-C584-A3-B506-DD.jpg
    7-CE00480-D566-484-D-B9-C9-CD090-A644-D55.jpg
    A30892-EA-F7-B4-47-EB-9-A76-2082251-ACCC1.jpg
    982-A0-EF5-63-E8-4591-B46-E-068-F8-D8-E440-D.jpg
    88-B35630-5118-445-C-A6-A6-FB144-FB8-B406.jpg
    080-A7-ED5-CA3-D-4229-94-FC-092-F3-F600-F8-D.jpg