Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Anyone get the stench in Tesco this last week or so...awful..lots giving out about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

I actually reported them to the FSAI before Christmas it was so bad, I was in today and noticed it was bad again so I might follow that up with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

hankless wrote: »
    There's a fish shop up at the 17 shops in Cabra. Not in the row of 17, but behind the AIB just across from Clarke's Bakery. I haven't been so can't vouch for it, but I think I'm going next weekend so I'll take pics.

It's a grand spot, pretty small and never has much on show but decent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Zipppy wrote: »
    Anyone get the stench in Tesco this last week or so...awful..lots giving out about it..

jaysis I didnt think that Tesco could get any worse but it appears it can !

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

I thought I was the only one getting that stink in Tesco. It was mostly in the milk aisle. I think it's rotten milk that hasn't been cleaned up. It's revolting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭niconline76

Tesco Phibsboro was always crap IMO but still manages to get worse and worse. The bad smell issue has been going on for months on and off. There must be a management/staff issue there for the place being so ***e. I've heard rumours of Aldi targeting the old cinema building opposite Two Boys Brew, not sure if that's true but I would welcome anything in the area just to have an alternative at walking distance.

Tesco Phibsboro was always crap IMO but still manages to get worse and worse. The bad smell issue has been going on for months on and off. There must be a management/staff issue there for the place being so ***e. I've heard rumours of Aldi targeting the old cinema building opposite Two Boys Brew, not sure if that's true but I would welcome anything in the area just to have an alternative at walking distance.

I visited Lidl on Brunswick st yesterday and walking home was debating where Lidl or aldi could set up in phibs...was thinking old cinema is ideal...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I visited Lidl on Brunswick st yesterday and walking home was debating where Lidl or aldi could set up in phibs...was thinking old cinema is ideal...

TBH I'd much rather see it turn back into a cinema (think lighthouse / Stella) or music venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Agree the stench in tesco is vile. They were pulling out fridges the other evening and the foulness was all pervasive.

Also, anyone notice the laughable reduction shelf? “Was €2.99 now €2.95!” Eh, it’s past the best before date today, Shirley they can do better than that.

Aldi would be a dream come true.

matrim wrote:
    TBH I'd much rather see it turn back into a cinema (think lighthouse / Stella) or music venue.

Sure lighthouse is grand...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Sure lighthouse is grand...

Sure there's an ALDI on Parnell St ;)

matrim wrote:
    Sure there's an ALDI on Parnell St

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Have gone sale agreed on a place in Phibsborough so all going well I'll be moving in in a month or two. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Welcome to the neighborhood!! It’s a great spot, hope you’ll be happy here

Have gone sale agreed on a place in Phibsborough so all going well I'll be moving in in a month or two. Looking forward to it.

Whereabouts? need not be exact :)

Welcome to the neighborhood!! It’s a great spot, hope you’ll be happy here

Thanks! I know the area quite well and we've been looking at houses for a while so have no doubt we'll be happy there.
    Whereabouts? need not be exact :)

Between NCR and the canal, won't get much more specific than that!

Between NCR and the canal, won't get much more specific than that!

ah that's cabra :) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I have refused to buy anything out of the fridges in Tesco Phibs since well before Xmas. The stench is horrendous like smelly feet. The floors are usually always wet around the fridges which makes me think they aren’t working and the stuff inside is defrosting ughh. An Aldi would be amazing!

Have been to the Greek place now a few times and have enjoyed it. Its usually packed with Greek people which is a good sign.

smeal wrote:
    I have refused to buy anything out of the fridges in Tesco Phibs since well before Xmas. The stench is horrendous like smelly feet. The floors are usually always wet around the fridges which makes me think they aren’t working and the stuff inside is defrosting ughh. An Aldi would be amazing!

Just back from Tesco...all clean...finally...well the smell is gone...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mud wrote: »
    Agree the stench in tesco is vile. They were pulling out fridges the other evening and the foulness was all pervasive.

Also, anyone notice the laughable reduction shelf? “Was €2.99 now €2.95!” Eh, it’s past the best before date today, Shirley they can do better than that.

Aldi would be a dream come true.

Always noticed this, really bad compared to other Tesco's

• Advertisement

ah that's cabra :) lol

The address says Phibsborough, that's my line and I'm sticking to it!

The address says Phibsborough, that's my line and I'm sticking to it!

Welcome to the 'boro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pmcc1

A little birdie tells me that the ex-State Cinema and 4 single storey shops adjacent has sold/is selling to foremost Dublin hotel group. Is this a crazy dream that I’ve had, or has any corroborating banter been over-heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Have heard this also, but there doesnt seem to be anything official. The site is under used at present so redevelopment is welcome, not fussed about another hotel though.

cgcsb wrote: »
    Have heard this also, but there doesnt seem to be anything official. The site is under used at present so redevelopment is welcome, not fussed about another hotel though.

Good - glad to hear it corroborated. The four small shops all closed in the last week, so something decisive has clearly happened. Judging by the pedigree of the buyer that was mentioned to me, I have cause to hope that the development may at least be one of some quality, and may offer some facilities to the Phibs plebeian.

pmcc1 wrote: »
    Good - glad to hear it corroborated. The four small shops all closed in the last week, so something decisive has clearly happened. Judging by the pedigree of the buyer that was mentioned to me, I have cause to hope that the development may at least be one of some quality, and may offer some facilities to the Phibs plebeian.

All additions to the area are welcome...
    Can you elaborate on possible hotel owner?

All additions to the area are welcome...
    Can you elaborate on possible hotel owner?

Wouldn't want to upset sensitive commercial negotiations - but I had heard its a big, old concern on St. Steve. Grn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Not Travelodge then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs new season kicks off this Friday night in Dalymount Park at 7:45pm Shoukd be a cracking atmosphere for the first night back against Finn Harps. Give it a go if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

A hotel? Not a great amenity for the locals. I guess it'll brighten up the space but imo Phibsboro needs more than aesthetics.

Advertisement