Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sunday Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Whelan would want to relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alphasully

RTES Dublin bias coming through in spades from tonight's panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Patww79 wrote: »
    He's right though.

There's no comparison between that and Sludden. I'd be sick if I was a Louth fan watching. Whelan has not a clue what that would be like. They won the game handy, make the point and leave it go don't throw the toys out of the pram over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

How did Sean Quigley not get motm? Disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

physioman wrote: »
    How did Sean Quigley not get motm? Disgrace

Who got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Who got it?

Bernard Brogan.

I thought it was fair enough, he scored like 1-6 from play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Brogan. Who was actually better and didn't have his goal gifted by a referee.

But brogan has the luxury of good players around him and Quigley carried Fermanagh in the 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Scrap the championship league format all year home and away games it's not working this there's very little competitive games at this stage of the year ,a handful of games are competitive in the last few seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

physioman wrote: »
    But brogan has the luxury of good players around him and Quigley carried Fermanagh in the 2nd half

It also helped that he was on the winning team, not that should be a requirement, buts its usually the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

MD1990 wrote: »
    GAA is dying imo. Need to change the format.

Biggest sport in the country in terms of participation.....

The attendances and general interest/media analysis are streets ahead of other sports such as a Connaught/Munster rugby game Or a bohs/cork city soccer game for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Dublin have got to the semi final without playing anybody from the top 14 counties in the country (going off league standings this year).

One thing that stands for them though is that the opposition is gradually getting better round by round where as Kerry took a step down today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

digzy wrote: »
    Biggest sport in the country in terms of participation.....

The attendances and general interest/media analysis are streets ahead of other sports such as a Connaught/Munster rugby game Or a bohs/cork city soccer game for example.
    im more comparing it to GAA of the past. Attendances are dropping & most likely viewing figures. Its just very boring now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's strange that they sent Anna Geary with a microphone to the venue just to talk a bit before and after each match and then have someone else do the match report.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Dublin have got to the semi final without playing anybody from the top 14 counties in the country (going off league standings this year).

One thing that stands for them though is that the opposition is gradually getting better round by round where as Kerry took a step down today.
    Sorry- how did Kerry take a step down today?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alphasully

Panel too the easy option going for Brogan. Quigley should have got it in my opinion. Kept Fermanagh going when they could have been destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

MD1990 wrote: »
    im more comparing it to GAA of the past. Attendances are dropping & most likely viewing figures. Its just very boring now.

https://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2101141501-report-notes-rise-in-attendances/

Third Google result. I think I heard some where 2014 was up too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

alphasully wrote: »
    Panel too the easy option going for Brogan. Quigley should have got it in my opinion. Kept Fermanagh going when they could have been destroyed.

IF they were handing out MOTM for keeping teams in the game it would have gone to a kerryman

All credit to quigley but brogan actually scored a goal :D

• Advertisement

alphasully wrote: »
    RTES Dublin bias coming through in spades from tonight's panel

Dessie Dolan is from Westmeath. Shane Curran is from Roscommon.

The only one that spoke sense was Whelan. It is the County Boards responsibility to put structures in place.

The bizzare Sunday game performance by Curran is below (including the video and tweets from County Players castigating Curran).

Quite shocked that Dolan let the peasant remark go.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/shane-currans-bizarre-sunday-game-rant-about-the-gaa-and-fianna-fail-baffled-all-of-ireland/34429

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭corny

This assumed logic that 'being tested' is a requisite for success always irritates me.

In strength of opposition he means.
    Thanks for translation. Hopefully Kerry will show Dublin how it's done before too long :-D

koriko wrote: »
    Thanks for translation. Hopefully Kerry will show Dublin how it's done before too long :-D

Would you go on outta that!

Kerry havent beaten Dublin in an AI final in over 30 years.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

STB. wrote: »

Ba Dum Tish ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

corny wrote: »
    This assumed logic that 'being tested' is a requisite for success always irritates me.

GAA Cliche 101. If they win it turns to how they were fresher.

It's like Donegal looking tired despite dominating vthe second halves against Galway and Monaghan. What does that say about Monaghan then?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

koriko wrote: »

You's don't think much of monaghan or tyrone down your way so. Maybe you could give some of the fringe players a run out in the semi cause the first fifteen will all want to play before picking up their medals in september.

You's don't think much of monaghan or tyrone down your way so. Maybe you could give some of the fringe players a run out in the semi cause the first fifteen will all want to play before picking up their medals in september.

No- I'm pretty certain Kerry have a good chance of pulling it off this year. Exciting games ahead for sure :-) just an pity the media dont credit Kerry- instead all we hear is Dublin Dublin Dublin- give us a break.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

K-9 wrote:
    It's like Donegal looking tired despite dominating vthe second halves against Galway and Monaghan. What does that say about Monaghan then?

That was one of the most stupid ones bandied about mainly by people who didnt watch the games , particularly the UF, but maybe read a paper and passed someone elses view off as thier own. Possibly delivered in a pub with one finger on their chin.

• Advertisement

STB. wrote: »

U might remind me how many times Sam had been on his holidays in Kerry as opposed to Dublin- I'm getting awfully forgetful in my auld age ;-) you get outta that !

Advertisement