Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most self entitled thing you've ever seen....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

My 2 1/2 yo daughter is princess obsessed, I don't mind as she'll grow out of it one day. Every day, she goes to a summer fun camp thing that has play rooms, dancing and arts/crafts. It's run by her creche, but for the summer children up to 6 can attend.

I was asked by another child's mother if I could get my daughter to stop saying she is a princess so much as it was bothering her 5 year old daughter who doesn't like it when there are other princesses around. After a moment of confusion I just said "No, I can't do that". The mother did try to keep the discussion going, but I said sorry and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

ArtyM wrote: »
    How did 1 person manage to cover that much ground?
    Was he Taylor Swifting?

I may regret this but, go on I have to know. WTF is Taylor Swifting?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

I may regret this but, go on I have to know. WTF is Taylor Swifting?

Taking off your pants and dragging your bare arse across the ground likd a dog.

You're welcome. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

grundie wrote: »
    My 2 1/2 yo daughter is princess obsessed, I don't mind as she'll grow out of it one day. Every day, she goes to a summer fun camp thing that has play rooms, dancing and arts/crafts. It's run by her creche, but for the summer children up to 6 can attend.

I was asked by another child's mother if I could get my daughter to stop saying she is a princess so much as it was bothering her 5 year old daughter who doesn't like it when there are other princesses around. After a moment of confusion I just said "No, I can't do that". The mother did try to keep the discussion going, but I said sorry and left.

Jaysus, tell me where and ill drop my two over as well, they can lay on the princess muck pretty thick!

What a wagon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

It seems like there are two princesses in that girls house!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I read the bolded bit and went "yeah, maybe okay"
    then the next part ...?? lol
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Is this what happens when you have kids? :(

I wonder if the mothers of the ten million children who die from hunger each year ever worried about princess overload :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Is this what happens when you have kids? :(
    :

Only if you grow up thinking that you are the centre of the universe, and consequently so are your progeny.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

I dunno would you consider this self-entitled or just plain d!ckheadish behaviour but was at a hurling qualifier a few years ago in Limerick, Galway had just beaten Cork. Anyway during the match I had noticed a woman in front of me playing on her iPhone, clearly enthralled by the match. The match ended and most people scattered onto the pitch, just about to leave when I noticed the phone on the ground. My dad suggested handing it to the stewards, I said we'd wait on and see did this woman return. Sure enough around 25 mins later she returns, she looks under her seat and I say 'does this belong to you'? She kind of just looks at me and mutters 'oh yeah', grabs the phone and walks off with her friend again. Before ye think it was someone pulling a fast one it was definitely the same woman. Just the lack of a 'thank you' that really galls me, not sure how many 15 year olds would have waited around in that situation :mad:

I might have been raised differently but some people in this country do not appreciate anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

bluewolf wrote: »
    I read the bolded bit and went "yeah, maybe okay"
    then the next part ...?? lol
    :D

I mentioned it to the staff of the creche and they told me that the girl in question is just difficult in general. She keeps going in to the toddlers room and hoards the toys even though it isn't allowed and just generally acting like a spoiled diva. They are going to have words with her parents.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I mentioned it to the staff of the creche and they told me that the girl in question is just difficult in general. She keeps going in to the toddlers room and hoards the toys even though it isn't allowed and just generally acting like a spoiled diva. They are going to have words with her parents.
    And it isnt even the kids fault. I pity her. She is being turned into a diva by indulgent parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I've an older sister who is one and it's infuriating.

Does that mean you're only 9 months old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

stmol32 wrote: »
    Does that mean you're only 9 months old?

I actually didn't even notice that :p At the time I was calling her a mooch in my head and meant "she's one of them" instead of actually typing out the former.

Anger and tiredness aren't great

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Anonymou wrote: »
    I dunno would you consider this self-entitled or just plain d!ckheadish behaviour but was at a hurling qualifier a few years ago in Limerick, Galway had just beaten Cork. Anyway during the match I had noticed a woman in front of me playing on her iPhone, clearly enthralled by the match. The match ended and most people scattered onto the pitch, just about to leave when I noticed the phone on the ground. My dad suggested handing it to the stewards, I said we'd wait on and see did this woman return. Sure enough around 25 mins later she returns, she looks under her seat and I say 'does this belong to you'? She kind of just looks at me and mutters 'oh yeah', grabs the phone and walks off with her friend again. Before ye think it was someone pulling a fast one it was definitely the same woman. Just the lack of a 'thank you' that really galls me, not sure how many 15 year olds would have waited around in that situation :mad:

I might have been raised differently but some people in this country do not appreciate anything!

I get that and just today handed someone money they'd dropped but got nice appreciation for the deed. Personally I would have probably thanked you for about 5 minutes and offered to buy you a pint or something, maybe a few cans of cider seeing as you were 15:P
    But some people are so inherently shy in such situation I imagine they come across as rude but are actually extremely grateful. I have no idea if this was the case in this instance but I think it's something people should be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Personally I would have probably thanked you for about 5 minutes and offered to buy you a pint or something, maybe a few cans of cider seeing as you were 15:P
    I thought you were warned about grooming, Teddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Joe prim wrote: »
    Her ma should have saved up, (in all senses of the word), gone to the wedding, and shat all over the place, seems to be socially acceptable , I'm going to try it the next time I'm dragged along as a plus-one to one of these boreathons.

True to your word Mr Prim.

http://manchester.tab.co.uk/2014/05/08/kung-poo-manc-nan-in-the-****-for-pooing-in-the-middle-of-chinese-buffet/

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

I used to work in a large clothing retail store mostly frequented by women with their very small children. Nearly every time I was on the fitting rooms, I'd get a woman with a buggy/couple of kids arguing with me over why she wasn't allowed to use the designated wheelchair fitting room. It normally went like this

Woman: Can I go in there? *points at room*
    Me: I'm afraid not, that room is only for wheelchair people. Our fitting rooms are usually wide enough to fit the buggy though.
    Woman: Yes, but there is way more space for me and the buggy in the wheelchair room. I feel cramped bringing the buggy into a normal fitting room.
    Me: No, I'm very sorry but that room is only for wheelchair customers.
    Woman: But I have a buggy! I demand to see the manager!

The odd time when someone did let a buggy in, the kids would climb out, run around and pull the emergency cord, setting off the assistance alarms from the wheelchair room, or we'd get an elderly lady in a chair forced to wait 10/15 minutes. The entitlement of some people is unreal!

Another favourite: Can I park in the wheelchair space?
    Me: No, that's for wheelchair users only.
    customer: but it's sunday, aren't there different rules on a sunday?
    Me: *smacks head off wall*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Someone bought a laptop in Missouri last week. They also tried buying a taco bell afterwards to celebrate but the card was cancelled. My card :o

(well a copy of my card Ive never been to Missouri)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

A few years back I was driving my Skoda Fabia down a narrow country road when an Audi A6 came towards me.
    We both pulled in as far as we could but the passanger mirrors on both cars got smashed.
    We stopped and got out and agreed that nothing could have been done and it was 50 -50.
    He then pipes up " you'll still be paying for mine though"
    I asked him how he came to that conclusion as it was 50-50 and he replied "Cos mine is an Audi and yours is only a Skoda"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

^^ Interesting theory.

So what happened after??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I asked him how he came to that conclusion as it was 50-50 and he replied "Cos mine is an Audi and yours is only a Skoda"

He was kinda right. 50/50 means that you pay half of eachother's damage, not look after your own

oldyouth wrote: »
    He was kinda right. 50/50 means that you pay half of eachother's damage, not look after your own

Aahhh! Good point.

Although in that situation I'd take 50-50 to mean that we each look after our own damage. It's not Lando's fault someone else drives a car that is expensive to repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Aahhh! Good point.

Although in that situation I'd take 50-50 to mean that we each look after our own damage. It's not Lando's fault someone else drives a car that is expensive to repair.

It is though. If a person is 50% to blame, it doesn't matter if the other person's car is worth €1 or €500,000, you are responsible for 50% of the damage

Not wanting to derail the thread, so I'll leave it there :p

oldyouth wrote: »
    It is though. If a person is 50% to blame, it doesn't matter if the other person's car is worth €1 or €500,000, you are responsible for 50% of the damage

Not wanting to derail the thread, so I'll leave it there :p

Disagree (as the two lads with the cars clearly did).

If you are both 50% responsible, then you are each equally responsible. Since you have no say (or benefit) in the type of car your crashee is driving, it is fair that you look after your own cars damage and he look after his.

It's 50:50 blame, but it's not your problem if some geezer has a gold-plated car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Its really self entitled to be this pedantic just because you are allowed an opinion

A few years back I was driving my Skoda Fabia down a narrow country road when an Audi A6 came towards me.
    We both pulled in as far as we could but the passanger mirrors on both cars got smashed.
    We stopped and got out and agreed that nothing could have been done and it was 50 -50.
    He then pipes up " you'll still be paying for mine though"

Im confused........

(and im not talkin about the spelling, grammar nazi I aint)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

According to his Garda friend who he rang, I pay for my mirror and he pays for his.
    Thats the way it ended, him cursing his luck in having to shell out a couple of hundred for a mirror and me only a fraction of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

minotour wrote: »
    Im confused........

(and im not talkin about the spelling, grammar nazi I aint)

His location is the clue. He's in the Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Caliden wrote: »

It doesn't make a difference! The driver's side is still near the middle of the road, and the passenger's side near the edge.

• Advertisement

Caliden wrote: »

you reckon he's stoned? I know i would be.

Advertisement