Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I have Dallas -6 for 5 pts, NY giants -5 for 4 Pts and under 48 pts in the phillly game for 5 Pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

What happens when 2 teams win and the third is the titans+1? They lost by 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thanks detroit i had 250 notes in the bag till you decided to fcukin implode:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Deco99 wrote: »

That's a push, ie no bet and you win the double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

You should get paid out as if it were a double and the Titans game never happened I think.

Won on all my yards bets so far (Newton, Cutler, Colston)... ****ing Lions cost me on the 6.6/1 treble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

That result is just "pushed" so that bet becomes void if it was in a multiple. You should just win your bet with less returns.

2/3 on the early games as the saints made hard work of it.

Feel the jets have a decent game in them so going +7 in that one and 49rs still look a bit all over the shop so taking chiefs +4.5. Have the broncos -7 from earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Pats by 7-12 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lost out on Malcolm Floyd... needed 59+ yards, he had 40 after only a little into the second quarter but the Jets were so awful that I honestly don't think the Chargers passed the ball once in the whole se on half. There was no need to.

Have Lafell over 41.5 yards and Dalton over 238.5 for the late game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

padraig_f wrote: »
    I got Bears +3 @ Panthers, and Ravens +3 @ Colts.

I suck this season.

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on the late game, have not had time to study it,just looking for small interest bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Any thoughts on the late game, have not had time to study it,just looking for small interest bet.

I'm on:

Giovani Bernard (CIN Bengals) 1st touchdown @13/2.

Andy Dalton (CIN Bengals) - Over 245.5 (passing yards) @ 10/13.

Giovani Bernard Anytime Touchdown Scorer @ 5/6.

Bengals -2.5 @ 20/23

went for cinny -4 at 2.49 for 2 pints for a small inetest while getting pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Fancy Brees to have a big day today. Going for over 307.5 yards passing against a poor Bucs pass defense.

Others I like:
    Seattle - 7, Giants -4.5, Browns -1 and Broncos -7.

Hate going for all sides favoured by a few points and no doubt some opposition will definitely cover - more than likely the Titans.

Win on Brees, a push and two wins and hoping for a win with Seattle.

In another note, Bet365 seemed to have copped on to any bonus they give and any under/over market combined with alternative spread at the same time. God they were good times :(

Steelers -6.5
    Cheifs +5
    Houston +6.5

Cheifs was a push but still a few quid back. Should have put the house on the pats, backed them by 7-12 points because paddy wasn't offering there usual alternative handicap market but had a feeling they'd come out all guns blazing. Didnt think it would be that big a margin though!

Whats the thinking on tonights game, will Seattle cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Tough weekend - went with the dogs and got stung on the lower number (5.5) on the Rams, and lost on the Jets and Cardinals. Also had over 50.5 in the Giants game. If I had bet the Rams+ and Giants over lines even as late as Saturday, I'd have won both. Fancied a big bet on the Pats and then left it. Typical.

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Colts -2.5
    Broncos -7
    Bills +5
    Saints -10

Should have left it at this! Chiefs +4.5 lost out by a half a point and the less said about the Jets the better!

Few late moves this weekend that went the punters way. Bills went from +7 to +4.5/+5, Browns went from +2 to -1 and Texans went from +6.5 to +4 all pretty much from Sunday morning to game time. Two gambles that went astray were the Rams (+7 to +4) and Bears (+3 to virtually a scratch game).

Not sure about tonight's game at all. You'd have to think that the Hawks will take care of business but teams that play at home after getting creamed the previous week normally bounce back somewhat. Happened to the Panthers this week after the Ravens hammered them and obvioulsy the patriots last night after their dismal showing against the Chiefs. You'd still expect the Hawks to cover but that extra half point at 7.5 makes it that little bit riskier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I hate backing favs at 7.5, wouldn't dream of doing it tonight. Not a very appealing game for me, either to watch or bet

Line moved so Seahawks -6.5 1.91 1 unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I would back the Skins +7 and over 45.5 pts if I was having a bet,(well I kinda do I suppose, waiting on the overs for a double) but won't be touching the game line/spread market.

I like Wilson to be under 233.5 passing yards, he has only gone over that 6 times in his 19 regular season games and Seattle will be run heavy tonight I think, especially if they get out to a lead.

A safe looking bet is Wilson over 1.5 Td passes but the odds are short enough, it was -160 when I checked earlier....

Seahwaks to win both halves is another one I would lean toward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Maybe I'm gone a bit looney but I can't see any way that the Redskins are even close to the Seahawks in this one.

Skins beat a pathetic Jags team and have lost to a pathetic Texans. They also lost to the Giants and that close call with the Eagles doesn't look so good now after their outings since then. The Eagles nearly lost last night to the Rams and looked awful against the 49ers.

So basically I think the Redskins are horrendous and this Seahawks team if for me the favourites to win it all and they are coming off a bye week. You know that Pete Carroll will have them firing on all cylinders tonight.

I'm taking them -13/5 @ 9/4 and I think its a fantastic bet.

As I said maybe I'm gone a bit looney.

Ive gone for desean jackson anytime td @19/10

eagle eye wrote: »
    Maybe I'm gone a bit looney but I can't see any way that the Redskins are even close to the Seahawks in this one.

Skins beat a pathetic Jags team and have lost to a pathetic Texans. They also lost to the Giants and that close call with the Eagles doesn't look so good now after their outings since then. The Eagles nearly lost last night to the Rams and looked awful against the 49ers.

So basically I think the Redskins are horrendous and this Seahawks team if for me the favourites to win it all and they are coming off a bye week. You know that Pete Carroll will have them firing on all cylinders tonight.

I'm taking them -13/5 @ 9/4 and I think its a fantastic bet.

As I said maybe I'm gone a bit looney.

Historically the stats don't back that up :)

I have gone with the stats and patterns for why I think it will be close, historically, when the Skins have been given such a big head start at home even when they lose they tend to cover the spread.

Coming off a bye has not been great for Pete generally

The skins have been awful in places, but even a little dead cat bounce wouldnt be that surprising, the Hawks are a different animal on the road also

As I said, when it comes to putting my money where my mouth is, I just cant have a bet on the line, just some props. Hoping to be in bed anyway!

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Ive gone for desean jackson anytime td @19/10

Yay:D

kryogen wrote: »
    I would back the Skins +7 and over 45.5 pts if I was having a bet,(well I kinda do I suppose, waiting on the overs for a double) but won't be touching the game line/spread market.

I like Wilson to be under 233.5 passing yards, he has only gone over that 6 times in his 19 regular season games and Seattle will be run heavy tonight I think, especially if they get out to a lead.

A safe looking bet is Wilson over 1.5 Td passes but the odds are short enough, it was -160 when I checked earlier....

Seahwaks to win both halves is another one I would lean toward

Wilson went under 234 again, just managed over 200, one to watch that, he is now after going over 233.5 6 times in 20 games

He also got over 1.5 passing tds

Hawks did not win both halves, drawing the second half and obviously the Skins +7 failed and the overs went against trend too.

What I take from it is to keep looking at Wilson and props for his passing yardage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

An early look at next weeks lines and they look hard to call. Plenty of games with only a field goal between them. Was planning on backing the Bengals but at -7 I think that's a bit much.

Struggling to find much else at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I like the Steelers +2 against the Browns. I think it's a reaction to them not covering versus Tampa Bay or Jacksonville, but the Steelers rarely lose to the Browns and Roethlisberger is 18-1 against them. The Browns' games this year have all been really tight affairs - Lost by 3, Won by 2, Lost by 2, Won by 1. Think I'll go with Steelers ML for this one.

Two unfashionable ones that the gut not the head says are the Buccs +3 at home to the Ravens and the Bills +3 at home to the Pats appeal to me a bit. The Ravens were fairly poor last week and the Buccs seem to have found some consistency without McCown. Bills are a very talented team and will be full of confidence after last week's win. The pats usually feed on the Bills however so as I said, it's gut more than the head telling me!

+5.35 with 21 staked now, only like the look of the Seahawks -8 this week, maybe a bet on Chargers or Broncos but probably not.

• Advertisement

Im liking the fins +3.5 and eagles -2.5, maybe texans +3

Advertisement