Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car jacker killed in Dublin crash ***mod note first post: read before posting***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

wazky wrote: »
    Even though he was in serious crash and I think he has lost an arm?

Or is that not enough punishment?

hoe he doesn't use a wind up watch:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

wazky wrote: »
    Even though he was in serious crash and I think he has lost an arm?

Or is that not enough punishment?

according to the article he was uninjured....
    it's the guy that lost the arm that died.

If anyone's looking for him he's in Kilmainham Garda station.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0608/622342-dublin-crash/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

wexie wrote: »

Looking at the picture that's one bad ass pole.. not even a scratch on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Umadbrah? wrote: »
    I love it people are glad that a young man dies just because he stole. Sure we might as well start handing out the death sentence to people who steal...

Look I stand to be proven wrong - but I sincerely doubt this guy has done much good to society in the past, or would have ever done so in his future (if he'd been lucky enough to have one.)

People who violently hijack taxis generally don't do so as a random once off.

We can blame him, we can blame his upbringing, whatever. He had become the person he was, for whatever reason, and it was not a good person.

I don't rejoice in his death, but it's hard to see it as a bad thing as it (very most likely) reduces the figures of future crimes and even, quite possibly, reduces future deaths of non-criminals.

Would I rather he was still out there hijacking other drivers? I'll be honest, no. I'm sorry if it's a case that whatever factors in his life made him this way, but this seems to be the way he ended up. It's unfortunate.

Rehabilitation would of course be the ideal solution. I'm not convinced that this works too often.

I'm not happy about his death. I'm happy that his life and lifestyle won't result in even more victims. Like that taxidriver. My sympathies are mainly with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

it would be hilarious if someone carjacked the hearse on the way to the funeral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

obi604 wrote: »
    Hope the other good for nothing dies too. Sounds harsh but I mean it.

He'll probably get the full extent of the law thrown at him and serve a 6 month suspended sentence

dresden8 wrote: »

Had that in my head all day but couldn't think of the movie it came from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Some of the replies here are borderline sociopath.

It's hard to feel any sympathy for the carjackers yes, but some of the comments are way OTT.

At the end of the day it's still someones son, someone's brother, maybe someones father.

Oh please just stop, ofc it's sad for the family but he is just a scumbag I hope he died a horrible death good honest people die everyday, take a look around at a hospice and you will see people suffering from awful illnesses while good for nothing brain dead vermin like those two clowns are robbing honest people.

My condolences to the families for breeding 2 clowns,the taxi man who probably is very shaken up,the pole,the taxi,the insurance company who have to pay for all this and the unfortunate doctors or nurses who have to treat that other idiot who I hope dies a horrible death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

furiousox wrote: »
    And now he'll never harm someones son, brother or father again.

This sums up my feelings on it. It's not that I want revenge, but I want to be sure that he does not get a chance to repeat his actions. There are very few cases of car-jackers reforming into valuable, contributing members of society and our legal system does not serve us well in that regard.

His absence from our society, however tragic, avoids many other tragedies in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

the unfortunate doctors or nurses who have to treat that other idiot who I hope dies a horrible death.

He was not injured. He's not in hospital, he's in a cell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Good.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

mikemac1 wrote: »
    He was not injured. He's not in hospital, he's in a cell

And when the full might of our courts fall on him he will get 18 months and be out in 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hitler wasn't so bad, I mean he did kill Hitler.

This guy. This guy right here. This is the guy. He knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Why do people car jack others? The chances of actually getting away with the car in this day and age, especially in cities, is just so slim. The risk benefit ratio is too high.

Montroseee wrote: »
    Why do people car jack others? The chances of actually getting away with the car in this day and age, especially in cities, is just so slim. The risk benefit ratio is too high.

The calibre of person doing the car jacking kinda answers that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭yr one

Montroseee wrote: »

Your quote highlights exactly how stupid they are, anyone will an ounce of common sense would know that.

The other thing I was thinking of is what they were thinking of doing with the car, they could be using it for a tiger raid or robbery of some sort, people's cars are always stolen for either to be chopped, rebranded and different reg, or used to commit a more vile crime.

They got what they deserved, whatever they were going to do with the car now won't happen, they can't cause any more harm

I kinda felt guilty this morning for immediately thinking, oh well.. No loss there, but I'm glad I'm not on my own, it seems to be a vast majority of people consider it karma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pity the taxi driver, lost his car and he probably got racially abused as it happened to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Umadbrah? wrote: »
    Sure we might as well start handing out the death sentence to people who steal...
    "Steal" is pretty disingenuous - as if it's a shoplifting incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Hitler wasn't so bad, I mean he did kill Hitler.

Yeah, but he also killed the guy who killed Hitler.

• Advertisement

Honestly don't see why anyone would have sympathy for either of the "victims" in this. That pole could just as easily been a family they crashed into and as such most people are just glad that it was one of the hijackers who died. Can imagine the kind of self serving drivel we will read about them in the coming days. Family and friends will claim that the deceased was a great lad, made one mistake, blah, blah, blah.

pO1Neil wrote: »
    Seriously what type of sick twisted nutter are you? He was an idiot who stole a car, not a Nazi who killed six million by which the tone of your comment sounds like something you'd delight in.
    Which Nazi was that?

wonder what went through his mind at the moment of impact?

His arse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Which Nazi was that?

There was more than one????

There was more than one????

I dunno, I haven't finished watching Star Wars yet.

I dunno, I haven't finished watching Star Wars yet.

The allies get to the baddies lair and he ends up killing himself. The war ends and the hairy creatures(see: French women) throw a big party.

The allies get to the baddies lair and he ends up killing himself. The war ends and the hairy creatures(see: French women) throw a big party.

French people having a party? I thought you said the Nazis lost.

French people having a party? I thought you said the Nazis lost.

You can be vichyious when you want to be.

You can be vichyious when you want to be.

I'll thank tomorrow when I'm sober enough to fully appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

myshirt wrote: »
    Guys, of course I am going to get the reply that I am trolling.
    I am not.

The comments here are sickening. I know Woopsadaisydoodles highlighted we should be cognisant of the family, and we should. But to rejoice in anyone's death... incredible.

I have every bit of sympathy for the taxi driver here, but it is a shocking social tragedy also that this happened in the first place.

Karma is a brutal .Every action has a reaction .Maybe not straight away like in this case but eventually things pan out .I would not like to be in the car drivers shoes .Prison will be the least of his worries .

Advertisement