Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I spotted a collectable today in McHughs offies- a bottle of vodka in the shape of a crystal skull.
    I did a little digging and I found it's a brand made by Dan Akroyd called Crystal Head. Very interesting stuff but I'm not paying €60 for it! Madness! Still, not one to be deterred by price, I'm currently scouring eBay for empty ones and so far I've found loads of lovely skull-shaped whiskey decanters for bargain rates. I don't even drink vodka or whiskey but I love collecting interesting glasses, bottles and trinkets.
    Having said that, I'm often swayed by the offer of a free tumbler or promotional glass when buying beer. I think I have about 5 or 6 Paulaner Ocktoberfest flagons in the press! :D
    Speaking of which, has anyone gone into Ocktoberfest in town? Any craic? I'd love to pop in myself before it ends but I've no-one to go with and I don't feel comfortable or safe getting drunk in town on my own. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Too much beer for my taste at Ocktoberfest. I'm fairly certain I've seent that vodka somewhere. Looks awesome.

One more day and I'm off for week. Can't wait but for the root canal I have to get next week. At least once it's paid I might be able to start getting my leg finished. And then a sleeve...maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

To be honest I'd avoid the Oktoberfest thing in the IFSC unless queuing is your idea of having a good time. I think it's something like a 40 minute queue to get into the thing in the first place and another 40 minute queue to get a mediocre Erdinger at a massive mark up.

I've heard decent things about it before. Do they not have a big bbq on or something?

I'm dying in work. The air con is borked and it's just a little too warm for my taste. Plus there is sweet fa to be done. But I shouldn't mention that because that's how things break.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    To be honest I'd avoid the Oktoberfest thing in the IFSC unless queuing is your idea of having a good time. I think it's something like a 40 minute queue to get into the thing in the first place and another 40 minute queue to get a mediocre Erdinger at a massive mark up.

Never been but have heard the same thing myself. Give me the real Oktoberfest any day of the week though.

Orim feel your pain on the root canal myself have to go back to finish mine off, only good thing is I already have it paid off.

• Advertisement

Currently binge watching season one of The Blacklist. OMG SO GOOD. Also, James Spader is amazing in it.
    It's quite compelling to watch him in it- he chews the scenary. :D That said, he will always be E. Edward Grey to me. *puuurrr*

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Man cave coming along nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Am I seeing a dream cast and Nintendo 64 among that there??? :D

N64 is there. No dreamcast, but have a controller that i use with the Wii. Im on the look out for a NES. Purchased a PS1 yesterday with heap of games for €50 at a carboot sale. Ive fallen in love again with resident evil, tomb raider, & final fantasy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    N64 is there. No dreamcast, but have a controller that i use with the Wii. Im on the look out for a NES. Purchased a PS1 yesterday with heap of games for €50 at a carboot sale. Ive fallen in love again with resident evil, tomb raider, & final fantasy

There's a little shop on talbot street (if you're in Dublin) that regularly sells the NES and SNES, usually for about 50 quid

• Advertisement

There's a little shop on talbot street (if you're in Dublin) that regularly sells the NES and SNES, usually for about 50 quid

Oh i know about it alright...so does my wallet. I have first dibs on a clean NES when one comes in, but hard to get decent working ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Oh i know about it alright...so does my wallet. I have first dibs on a clean NES when one comes in, but hard to get decent working ones.

I have a mate with one in perfect nick in his room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Man cave coming along nicely

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

SNES and MegaDrive, living our childhood dreams, owning both was something just didn't happen back then unless people were minted!

Not sure if I've seen you there before, but this forum may be relevant to your interests...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=94

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

McChubbin wrote: »
    Speaking of which, has anyone gone into Ocktoberfest in town? Any craic? I'd love to pop in myself before it ends but I've no-one to go with and I don't feel comfortable or safe getting drunk in town on my own. :/

I went after work last week and it was grand. I don't drink beer, so I had a wine and some currywurst. There were feck all people in there so that'd be the time to go I reckon. We left soon after cos, well, I don't like drinking much wine either :p

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

So....as if working two jobs, seven days a week isn't enough, I've just received a call from a job I applied for months ago. They want me in tomorrow for an interview (working around my day job) with a chance of an immediate start!! :eek: Feast or feckin' famine!!! :pac: I'll just have to see which works out better re: hours, days, pay etc. I know it's 55 hours over 7 days, but ya never know. Watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Star Lord wrote: »
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

SNES and MegaDrive, living our childhood dreams, owning both was something just didn't happen back then unless people were minted!

Not sure if I've seen you there before, but this forum may be relevant to your interests...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=94

Loved the mega drive and master system.
    Master system had a game built into it called Alex the kid. Spent many a summer face two foot from the screen playing it

I'm just going to leave this here! :D I bought a SNES there and it was in top quality nick. €100 for a bundle of the console, related wires and two games. The place is a treasure trove of retro gaming. I too have a PSOne and a PS2 languishing in a box under my TV.
    I'm hoping to eventually connect up the PSOne so I can get back to playing Crash Bandicoot. I love that crazy little coot! :D

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here! :D I bought a SNES there and it was in top quality nick. €100 for a bundle of the console, related wires and two games. The place is a treasure trove of retro gaming. I too have a PSOne and a PS2 languishing in a box under my TV.
    I'm hoping to eventually connect up the PSOne so I can get back to playing Crash Bandicoot. I love that crazy little coot! :D

Yea rage is a nice little treasure trove. I brought my snes from there also. Nice selection of games, but very overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I really need to work on being romantic.

Boyfriend says to me just now, 'You complete me.'

Rather than saying something sweet back, my instant reaction is to say 'since when are you a jigsaw?'

I'm terrible at being a woman.

Funny is better than romantic gs.

Currently debating whether or not to stay up for the NFL. Nothing to do tomorrow but I'm fierce tired. First world problems, eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

pats losing to chiefs!!

Bah. My mother and stepdad have the flu. Pass the Horlicks. I'm not getting out of my robe lest the germs take me down with them. Boo. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

img_0552.jpg?w=700&h=

Seen a few storm in a teacup designs in the past but think this is my favourite.

Oooh, that's lovely, Killer_Banana! Fun take on an old phrase. :)
    Right now, I've got a sore throat which is holding steady though it remains to be seen if I get full blown flu symptoms. My mother is being very stubborn and refuses to lie down for at least an hour even though she's clearly half-dead on her feet.
    *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Lads, I gave my head an awful wallop today in school and now I'm sitting at home with an ice pack on my head. I've to wait an hour after taking my stomach tablets and if I don't feel better I have to go to the hospital.

Pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

:( you poor thing. Hope you're not concussed.

I think I might be :(
    I made a doctors appointment for 5.10, so we'll see!

Hope it's not serious. Feel better.

Had a root canal today. Wasn't too bad although the anesthesia is starting and it's not so fun.

Head is all good! I went down to my GP, I needed to get ear drops for an ear infection anyway, so it just forced me to go a little earlier!!! The doc said I didn't hit it hard enough to do damage. He did very helpfully poke the lump on my head and asked did it hurt haha!!

How is the mouth Orim?

• Advertisement

Good result. I'm alright, still feels a little odd but it's not sore or anything so cant complain too much.

Advertisement