Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've started watching ink master on netflix
    Pretty good. Anyone else watch it yet
    gregers85 wrote: »
    yep ive seen all seasons of it! not bad, entertaining have to say but some awful tattoos on it haha I've been tattoo's by both judges on it too ;)

Love watching it! Not for the artwork per se, but the banter from the judges is hilarious (especially Oliver!). Some of the tattoos are woeful, but I guess the artists are picked for their dramatic skills rather than anything else. The winners are usually fairly quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

jenizzle wrote: »
    Some of the tattoos are woeful, but I guess the artists are picked for their dramatic skills rather than anything else. The winners are usually fairly quiet.

Yep I asked Chris Nunez about the artists when he was tattooing me and he said Oliver and himself have absolutely no say what so ever in that side of it, Its all done by the network! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Was at a wedding the weekend serious session and craic one the best wedding I've been to no church is always a massive bonus imo.

On numbing cream it works had it used on me once on my side piece when in with Remis in Zulu a lot of artists don't like using it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Question for you all.

If I call my bank or the 24 hour hotline, can answer my dob, address, name and security questions, will they give me my acc number and sort code over the phone?

Bosses have decided to pay us into the bank from now on, but only told me tonight that I needmy aaccount details tomorrow, which I don't have because I've never even gotten a bank statement from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'd imagine so but those security measures can be pretty extensive. Do you have online banking? You can check a statement online and your a/c no. and sort code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

not with that stuff. go into the bank tomorrow with photo id and ask

Orim wrote: »
    I'd imagine so but those security measures can be pretty extensive. Do you have online banking? You can check a statement online and your a/c no. and sort code.

Nope, never got it properly set up because the code that they gave me for it was wrong.

Hopefully they'll give me the details :/

not with that stuff. go into the bank tomorrow with photo id and ask

That's the problem - I'm working tomorrow and start before my bank opens, finishing after it closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That's the problem - I'm working tomorrow and start before my bank opens, finishing after it closes.

Can you get away for a bit during your shift to go into the bank?

P_1 wrote: »
    Can you get away for a bit during your shift to go into the bank?

I get a 20 minute break, my bank is easily a 45 minute walk away :pac:

It's grand. Rang the bank, spent 10 minutes sorting online banking, only for my laptop to refuse to work. Eventually got the details, phew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

The biggest problem I found with the numbing cream(I've only ever dealt with EMLA) is that it's fine for about an hour or so, completely 100% effective. Then it wears off in what feels like an instant. All of a sudden your body is asked to deal with 80 minutes worth of abuse and it can be a struggle. Only used it twice because of that reason. The longer sessions seemed to hurt a lot more AFTER using numbing cream. They're great for smaller sittings but not worth it for the longer ones. As Marty said though, some shops and artists don't like using them.
    I think there are a few numbing sprays on the market now though that are used during the tattoo itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The biggest problem I found with the numbing cream(I've only ever dealt with EMLA) is that it's fine for about an hour or so, completely 100% effective. Then it wears off in what feels like an instant. All of a sudden your body is asked to deal with 80 minutes worth of abuse and it can be a struggle. Only used it twice because of that reason. The longer sessions seemed to hurt a lot more AFTER using numbing cream. They're great for smaller sittings but not worth it for the longer ones. As Marty said though, some shops and artists don't like using them.
    I think there are a few numbing sprays on the market now though that are used during the tattoo itself.

I prefer my own method of about an hour before the ink I pour myself a nice tall glass of man the **** up then i go get inked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I prefer my own method of about an hour before the ink I pour myself a nice tall glass of man the **** up then i go get inked :D

Well that was my usual approach for the other 100+ hours of ink so far. 10 hours of discounted tattoo sessions in exchange for being a guinea pig with some cream isn't a bad deal. Put it this way, if I was getting my kneecap tattooed again tomorrow I wouldn't say no to a numbing agent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

6 and half hours on my ribs.? As much as I love being inked and have withstood the pain of all 14 tats which none are small I struggle with my first rib piece which was an hour. But 6 and half hours I'm gonna need help

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭baron von something

last time i was in with pavel he sprayed vasocaine anasthetic spray on my arm,i'm guessing because my arm was swelling up looking like popeyes arm.10 minutes after he sprayed it i could barely feel the areas he was tattooing.i didn't ask for it and wasnt feeling much pain but i suppose it must have done something to the trauma on my arm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Bought a new laptop on Tuesday and it's painfully slow browsing the internet :( even worse than my old one and that was pretty bad. It wasn't v. expensive but the guy in the shop said it'd be fine for browsing which is the only thing I use the laptop for... I'm getting severely pissed off with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

January wrote: »
    Bought a new laptop on Tuesday and it's painfully slow browsing the internet :( even worse than my old one and that was pretty bad. It wasn't v. expensive but the guy in the shop said it'd be fine for browsing which is the only thing I use the laptop for... I'm getting severely pissed off with it.

Bring it back and demand a refund or replacement.

I really would much rather bring it back and get a different one but I doubt they'd do that? Like it took nearly ten minutes to load the Skype app up on it so I could Skype my fiancé... that can't be right :\

January wrote: »
    I really would much rather bring it back and get a different one but I doubt they'd do that? Like it took nearly ten minutes to load the Skype app up on it so I could Skype my fiancé... that can't be right :\

Salesperson told you it'd be fine for browsing, yeah? So, it was sold with misleading information and is not fit for purpose. Entitled to a repair (which won't change anything), replacement or refund.

Very quiet here! Fcuk you all and your social lives

• Advertisement

It had to happen sometime. Was out at a table quiz the other night, great craic and I won a set of six lovely tumblers from the raffle. Well chuffed.

It had to happen sometime. Was out at a table quiz the other night, great craic and I won a set of six lovely tumblers from the raffle. Well chuffed.

Tumblers as in pigeons?

Tumblers as in pigeons?

As in glasses. WTF is a tumbler in relation to pigeons?

As in glasses. WTF is a tumbler in relation to pigeons?

Fancy kind of pigeon http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumbler_pigeons

Learn something new everyday. Nice looking bird with the long neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Fab day today but I'm inside, as usual! At least I have a beautiful view from my room!

Catching up on filing and then some advanced prep for college in August.
    Anyone have any nice plans for the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Very quiet here! Fcuk you all and your social lives

Social life what's that? Working and sleeping is mainly what I'm doing these days.

Off tomorrow and trying to decide if it's worth my while to go see the tour De France pass through. On the one hand once in a lifetime opportunity but on the other crowds will be insane and it will probably be a lot of waiting around for five minutes of cyclists whizzing past.

I saw it years ago as a younger man. Not worth it, standing around for hours to see not much.

Nah my social life is non existent these days...

More wedding dress shopping tomorrow... fingers crossed I find something, I hate shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Social life what's that? Working and sleeping is mainly what I'm doing these days.

Off tomorrow and trying to decide if it's worth my while to go see the tour De France pass through. On the one hand once in a lifetime opportunity but on the other crowds will be insane and it will probably be a lot of waiting around for five minutes of cyclists whizzing past.

Was the same for the Giro myself, to be honest unless you're high up some mountain pass during a mountain stage or near the start/finish its better to just catch it on the box

Advertisement