Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brewery site plans

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Isn't half of the mart site due to be a car park?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Threadhead wrote: »
    Isn't half of the mart site due to be a car park?

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Based on the last plans I saw, half the site was a new cinema and the other half was a car park for the new cinema. Might have changed. There's at least a provision for a car park in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

The cinema will have its own car park, lots of speculation but no definite plans for the rest of the mart site yet.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97876954&postcount=98

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

If it becomes a business/retail park will that end the high street ala Carlow Town?( Which Joe Crockett had a hand in ) Will it be the end of MacDonagh Junction? Kilkenny could do with a modern cinema so that would be a plus but more retail stores or restaurants? I don't think so. Why not think outside the box & open a museum about the history of Kilkenny & it could incorporate the hurling history as well. Tourists love that sort of thing & it would give something extra for them to do so maybe they would stay an extra night so spend more money in town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Help!!!! wrote: »
    If it becomes a business/retail park will that end the high street ala Carlow Town?( Which Joe Crockett had a hand in ) Will it be the end of MacDonagh Junction? Kilkenny could do with a modern cinema so that would be a plus but more retail stores or restaurants? I don't think so. Why not think outside the box & open a museum about the history of Kilkenny & it could incorporate the hurling history as well. Tourists love that sort of thing & it would give something extra for them to do so maybe they would stay an extra night so spend more money in town

The old mart is privately owned so the owners will naturally seek to maximise land potential and revenue. Brewery site would be more suited to a museum like this and it is local authority owned. If I was a developer, I'd be using the old Brewery site as precedence if the local authority started dictating what non commercial aspects they would want built in the old mart.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Malcolm noonan highlighting the concerns a lot of local have about Joe Crockett.

https://greenparty.ie/news/greens-call-for-cooling-off-period-for-senior-local-authority-staff-involved-in-public-projects/

Advertisement