Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coreilly91

New player, would love to join

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Guys, we have 2 teams available to be taken over in the Boards Keeper League, which is entering it's 4th year. Rules are that every year, you get to keep 4 of your players for the following year. If you take over a team, you get to select up to 4 players to keep. Team 1 includes the likes of Tom Brady, Dez Bryant, Kendall Wright and Russell Wilson amongst others, whereas Team 2 includes Cam Newton, Adrian Peterson, Julio Jones, Doug Martin and more.

Let me know who wants in (the teams will be randomly assigned).

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Guys, we have 2 teams available to be taken over in the Boards Keeper League, which is entering it's 4th year. Rules are that every year, you get to keep 4 of your players for the following year. If you take over a team, you get to select up to 4 players to keep. Team 1 includes the likes of Tom Brady, Dez Bryant, Kendall Wright and Russell Wilson amongst others, whereas Team 2 includes Cam Newton, Adrian Peterson, Julio Jones, Doug Martin and more.

If there's still an open spot I'd like to take part

The Bogman wrote: »
    If there's still an open spot I'd like to take part

Hey man, I'm afraid HigginsJ and raze_them_all_ were first in line at 12:08 and 12:12. Really sorry! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

How did I end up getting the team with Alex Smith, Knowshon Moreno, Rashad Jennings and Riley Cooper?

• Advertisement

Masked Man wrote: »
    How did I end up getting the team with Alex Smith, Knowshon Moreno, Rashad Jennings and Riley Cooper?

That was the only team available at the time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Going to be interesting trying to rebuild anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Jennings is going to be a top 10 RB this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Jennings is going to be a top 10 RB this year

maybe if Nassib is under centre...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I doubt it's needed because Spongey is on top of things but just in case here's the settings:

Question for all commissioners,

Does every division offer points for ''fumbles recovered for a TD''?

I see on TO's screenshot that it's not listed in the scoring but wondering have all the leagues started doing it since 2012 when that screenshot was taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Question for all commissioners,

Does every division offer points for ''fumbles recovered for a TD''?

I see on TO's screenshot that it's not listed in the scoring but wondering have all the leagues started doing it since 2012 when that screenshot was taken.

Is that not just defensive touchdowns worth 6pts?

Is that not just defensive touchdowns worth 6pts?

No, in the offensive scoring section you can specify points for ''Fumble recovered for a TD''. Think it's default scoring in new leagues set up.

Fumble.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    No, in the offensive scoring section you can specify points for ''Fumble recovered for a TD''. Think it's default scoring in new leagues set up.

Fumble.png

The image i posted never showed it but I am 100% sure it was always there from day 1 as it was a default setting in Fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Hi if anyone is interested I have 2 spots open in a 10 team draft which takes place Sunday night at 10. The positions are

QB
    RB x2
    WR x3
    TE
    Flex WR/RB
    K
    D/ST

It is the 2nd year of the league but 2 people had to drop out. If you are interested PM me your email & I'll send you an invite

Emergency Proposal: Can we set the draft clock to 1 minute for Boards leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I have noticed last night and in the ppr draft last monday that people were taking full 90 seconds to draft picking with 5 seconds remaining. Very frustrating. I'd be for it but there is plenty out there thats new and may need the full 90 secs

I have noticed last night and in the ppr draft last monday that people were taking full 90 seconds to draft picking with 5 seconds remaining. Very frustrating. I'd be for it but there is plenty out there thats new and may need the full 90 secs

Unless people want to poll their own league for the change and go with the consensus?

I'd imagine the newer divisions will want 90 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Folks, im in the boards league here and draft is at 10 on tues, do you know if i join another league if i can draft same time? been invited to another one and draft is 9 so may overlap..

PLease Help :)

jester1980 wrote: »
    Folks, im in the boards league here and draft is at 10 on tues, do you know if i join another league if i can draft same time? been invited to another one and draft is 9 so may overlap..

PLease Help :)

Yup 2 different browsers

phew, thats fine

• Advertisement

jester1980 wrote: »
    phew, thats fine

I have done 3 leagues on 3 different browsers at a time :D Just don't mix them up haha

cheers Buddy, assume thats you J? Hope you're going to loads of Pats games this year now?

Your old Clontarf mate

J

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Disagree, I like 90 seconds to make my pick, and I'm not a newbie either. Sometimes you can make it quickly, and I will, but other times you have a tricky decision and need the full 90 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Hey guys,

Have room for one in a snake draft at 9pm tonight, just noted one owner had been absent last season and needs be replaced, pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

padraig_f wrote: »
    Disagree, I like 90 seconds to make my pick, and I'm not a newbie either. Sometimes you can make it quickly, and I will, but other times you have a tricky decision and need the full 90 seconds.

90 seconds is fine. I think ESPN didn't set teams to autodraft when no one was picking for them whereas NFL.com does. That speeds things up

Also, of people are doing stuff to annoy you at drafts, then it might be part of their strategy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

padraig_f wrote: »

Also gives you some chance if you get a last minute crash of the draft client. At 60 seconds you have no chance of closing and recoving the client at 90 you might (although even with 90 seconds I failed to close and restart the client in time for one of my picks last night)

Im defo against changing to 60 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HappySundays

I'd like to join the league. Username: cstapleton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

manafana wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Have room for one in a snake draft at 9pm tonight, just noted one owner had been absent last season and needs be replaced, pm me if interested.

again looking for one more to replace an idle manager this time in an auction draft at 9pm tonight pm to get in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HappySundays

Am I able to join one of the 16 man leagues? NFL username cstapleton

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Am I able to join one of the 16 man leagues? NFL username cstapleton

Unfortunately you're too late for the regular leagues. Perhaps manafana can sort you out with a place in the auction league?

Advertisement