Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Why is this information in the Battlelog release unless there to be found?

Regarding the game, I am interested but if there are no tanks, no IFVs and no real air combat it isn't a Battlefield is it? (I see a jet in the clip though).

I like the premise though but surely more "COD" than "BF".

Finally, why do people still bang on about BFBC3 when really that would be so similar to BF that it would just appear to be a watered down version so therefore pointless. I dont get the fascination and the failure for people to realise that the games are too similar to co-exist now, least Hardline is something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

mozattack wrote: »
    least Hardline is something new.

Really? Is it really new? You mention Call of Duty, and this game is definitely aiming at the PayDay audience given the success of that franchise. Also, it has the word 'Battlefield' tagged on because 'Medal of Honor' is tainted now (need a few years for that to cool off), and they can't come up with a new name for it.

I would put on a large bet that the DLC of this game will include maps from Battlefield 3 and 4. Seriously. Use a 'Metro' to access an underground vault, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Sorry, but i think it actually looks decent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Visceral already co-developed battlefield 4 with DICE, that said they have already experience with the Frostbite Engine and the problems that came with the game post release so i doubt they will repeat the issues. If you ask me damn all DICE crew worked on BF4 and most the workload was put on visceral and why it had so many issues with DICE working on releasing the Battlefield series to other
    EA owned Studios with DICE going full speed on the EA/Disney Star wars collaboration and the upcoming Battlefront and remaining bf4 DLC being left to the new formed DICE LA studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

**** it, I think it looks CLASS. If the single player is good, then great, it will be a bonus but I reckon smaller groups of players infiltrating urban maps with a purpose will be great craic with the battlefield mechanics. Then as more of a bonus, you have hopefully good maps, again with battlefield vehicles mechanics, doing some crazy car chase fights and air assault madness.

And actually I dont care if the maps are HUGE and there are good vehicle chase battles, or if they are close quarters and smaller objective focused, I think Ill be happy.

Of course it could all go horribly wrong and it might be a mess...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

WOW WOW WOW !!!! I like this new direction a LOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Looks great, but then again, so does BF4. It'll be a very cautious purchase as far as Im concerned. I just feel that EA/DICE are really taking the pis$$ lately, That "buy a battlepack" thing is a move too far IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I like the look of the game but it's a bit pointless sticking the "Battlefield" name to it. It's just brand association

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Battlefield: GTA*

*open world DLC sold separately

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Underwhelmed TBH.
    All I see is more daft single player that takes itself far too seriously and an attempt to shoe horn the Battlefield name into a bunch of CS and racing game modes. Just make it a new IP ffs.

Here's the live leak video if the YouTube ones disappear.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9de_1401277054

• Advertisement

I had another look at the clip... do the player animations look a little wierd, kinda cartoony or something?. Not too gone on that but maybe it is because it is early days

Ah that vid is early days.. should be better on release.. at least it better be!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Can't wait to see the response to EA's pre-order offers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Cool I'm all for a change of direction. I haven't put nearly as many hours into BF4 as i did with 3 and look forward to this.
    When's it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So its like GTA, but with proper gun mechanics? I cant say that I dont like it.

So its like GTA, but with proper gun mechanics? I cant say that I dont like it.

No, that'd be the Altis Life mod for Arma :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BPatsy

It looks good but i dont want to sound like a killjoy but maybe they should have fixed BF4 properly before making another one? i mean they are concentrating on releasing new games and dlc and the game is still not running smooth is shocking to say the least!

BTW i am not moaning as i love BF3 and i still play it regularly, i tried to like 4 but it was a mess tbh and to think they are working on another game without fixing bugs in the current BF makes me a bit weary of even bothering with this, same goes with GTA 5, these games where a bit of a let down, deleted them both off my ps3 and traded them in as i was sick of the constant problems and freezing issues.

Hopefully this will be a bit more polished but im sceptical as too many game publishers these days rush out unfinished games to meet "deadlines" and the rely on patches months down the line to fix things that should never have been allowed to be released in the first place, there should be rules against unfinished games going to retail before there are completed and nearly bug free imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

Not really feeling this at all,assuming its mostly close quarters and the player count will be reduced.That feeling you get where anything can happen in battlefield will be diminished with this.
    Absolutely hated close quarters in bf3 and never play maps like locker room,its just not battlefield imo.

I will give it the benefit of doubt but a bit dissappointed they didnt reach higher.

Ps-please Dice for the love of god leave the bloody rooftops out this time.

CAD pretty much nails it:

cad-20140530-e015a.png

Rumours are that it will be 8 v 8 and there will be bots, ala Titancrap.

Yes; what crap!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Have you got a source for these rumors?

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Have you got a source for these rumors?

Oh god no!

Battlelog so don't fret!

Ok guys, its not DICE making it, its Visceral. DICE are still working on BF4 and should be releasing the CTE updates soon to "fix" the major issues (yes, I know, too late).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Officially announced now.

I'm not buying until they fix BF4.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Officially announced now.

I'm not buying until they fix BF4.

I have the impression they're releasing this as a distraction before BF5. They don't want that sour taste of BF4 to dilute sales so they release a smaller game that's already pretty stable first.

I doubt battlefield 5 is even in the works, and in the process of being dumped onto criterion and visceral and DICE LA.

DICE LA will likely handle the next BF game in the near future with the two studios above handling the forks, but i doubt Sweden will be the leading studio anymore and just work on the engine and other titles like battlefront.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

BF Hardline - I can't wait for this, I hope it would be like Bad Company, best Battlefield spin-off :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gone... :(

• Advertisement

Advertisement