Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

BordorFox wrote: »

What ye think, hard to judge but I am happy that it appears to be very much like BF with the customisation, the loadout screens etc... etc not broken so why fix it?

Graphics seem good but kinda bland or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

damn, im starting to think this isnt really the exciting game I thought it would be.. it seems... wrong? Close quarters it might be, but it seems overkill, same problems with run and gun mentality. Large guns and vehicles for small scenarios like hostage negotiation and infiltration. Probably no tactical aspect will be used by players, even if it is designed to be, just like BF4.

I guess we'll see in the mega-overhyped and dramatised reveal videos, but Im thinking its not going to be worth it...

Hope Im wrong.

Im more excited for Dragons Teeth now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

From the more recent footage it just looks like a re skinned BF4 to me.

For those who still like BF4 thats a good thing i suppose,personally im fed up with it and its bugs,although it has improved recently and hopefully CTE improves it further,but its all coming a little late imo.

Certainly not paying twice for the same buggy as s*** game but with cops instead of soldiers.

I may be jumping the gun though with so little real info out on the game,hopefully E3 will shed a lot more light on it. Im not holding my breath though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Official BF Channel just uploaded this :

Battlefield Hardline: Into the Jungle: http://youtu.be/M56_O7a_aKQ

The player animations are like GTA from PS3....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Only for it being the same company that made dead space games I really wouldn't care for this release. I would imagine they are gearing towards a November release with bf4 expansions all out before the end of Sept.

Only for it being the same company that made dead space games I really wouldn't care for this release. I would imagine they are gearing towards a November release with bf4 expansions all out before the end of Sept.

October 21st according to the trailer, I think the last map pack is around September for BF4, I definitely won't be buying it, didn't really like Payday and it reminds me of that....

Game looks interesting but animations are so bad it puts me off it, seems really childish.

mozattack wrote: »
    Game looks interesting but animations are so bad it puts me off it, seems really childish.

Haven't played it yet, any use lads?

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

i signed up for the beta the moment they announced it n still haven't gotten the email.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

i signed up for the beta the moment they announced it n still haven't gotten the email.

I'm the same. Was shown the download link briefly, but nearly 20 hours later, no email and no Origin entry. I'm thinking I got cheated out of it by the accounts servers collapsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Spear wrote: »
    I'm the same. Was shown the download link briefly, but nearly 20 hours later, no email and no Origin entry. I'm thinking I got cheated out of it by the accounts servers collapsing.

Same here...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I've played it a bit myself this morning. It does seem like an expansion for BF4 but that's probably because i'm so used to the engine by now. Quite confusing to know whats going on at first but once you do it's actually quite fun.

Have played Heist the most, the game starts with a convoy of money getting ambushed & if you are the robbers you have to blow open the back of two armored trucks. The cops have a chance to stop this timer. Once the trucks are blown open the robbers have to get to two points to get the money out of there. Once is a few blocks away down the street & one is in a tower a couple blocks away. All the while the cops are trying to stop them from doing so.

I'll play some more later when I get a chance & hopefully get a video or two made showing off some stuff in it. Anything in particular some of you want to see?

Spear wrote: »
    Same here...

i posted this https://twitter.com/irishgaming2k/status/476371463768133632

maybe, and i'm holding my breath here, they will respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

i posted this https://twitter.com/irishgaming2k/status/476371463768133632

maybe, and i'm holding my breath here, they will respond.
    @Battlefield what about the people who signed up straight away but still haven't received their hardline ps4 beta keys?

And PC beta keys :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭tigger123

Does anyone know if this will be a stand alone game, or expansion, or part of Battlefield Premium? Any guess on what price it might be?

I haven't played the Beta but I've seen the YouTube videos and I'm pretty excited about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It will be a standalone game, starting around €60 on Origin to €70 for the deluxe edition. Premium will be a €50 add-on also. That's all just on Origin though CD-Key re-sellers will have it much cheaper hopefully

ktulu123 wrote: »
    It will be a standalone game, starting around €60 on Origin to €70 for the deluxe edition. Premium will be a €50 add-on also. That's all just on Origin though CD-Key re-sellers will have it much cheaper hopefully

That's a bit much. You get sick of this constant up-selling of games. I bought BF4 for €65 ... but still will end up spending an extra €50 for Premium?

It will be the same with this one too. Will wait for the reviews.

I think ill just wait for Battlefront. I played the beta and I didnt have the same urge to go back to it like I do with BF4. Its just like a DLC really... and Dragons teeth will probably be a better DLC anyway..

The Red wrote: »
    I think ill just wait for Battlefront. I played the beta and I didnt have the same urge to go back to it like I do with BF4. Its just like a DLC really... and Dragons teeth will probably be a better DLC anyway..

Been waiting for Battlefront since the PS2.

I feel like such a f*ckin nerd. :pac:

• Advertisement

This was the game on kickstarter before they sold their soul to EA

And PC beta keys :p

PC beta just went live tonight, was playing it earlier

Battlefront; ugh...

So, the beta will end soon, what are ye're thoughts? Will you guys buy it?

I didnt get into it, wasnt feeling it al all so i'll give it a miss but Id like to hear what everyone thinks and if you will make that call and buy it? Pre order or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Nope. Definitely not at launch. Call me when Origin have a sale, maybe, or if two months after launch it's improved vastly and isn't doing the standard BattlefieldLaunch thing of dying on its feet...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Played a few hours of the beta , won't be buying it , I already have CSS in my steam a/c and I don't play that anymore either .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

20 quid and yeah

I think if we didn't have the bf4 ordeal, this might have appealed to me, but I'm just too sour towards the Battlefield range at present and will not be getting hardlines, and it's EA's fault.

I'll wait for battlefront instead and hope they don't cábaiste that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

^^^^ Had this very discussion with a mate tonight, both of us have no interest in going near Hardline.

BF4 was such a cluster I not going near anymore of their games till the quality improves.

EA are on my **** list as of UFC too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Think i would prefer Battlefield Bad Company 3, back to teamwork and simplicity and the music.

Advertisement