Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fertliser prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,078 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

hammer73 wrote: »
    As important as I think I might be, me talking the prices up or down won't influence the retail price of fertiliser. As for prices, no problem. If your in the trade give me a shout.

I'm after nitro sulphur ,Richland and can,any news for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

As important as I think I might be, me talking the prices up or down won't influence the retail price of fertiliser. As for prices, no problem. If your in the trade give me a shout.

As a matter if interest, how much would I need to be buying to get trade price?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

As a matter if interest, how much would I need to be buying to get trade price?

Without being smart, you need to be in the trade to get trade prices. They would be getting anything from hundreds of tonnes to thousands of tonnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Without being smart, you need to be in the trade to get trade prices. They would be getting anything from hundreds of tonnes to thousands of tonnes.

So hundreds of tonnes, if I was doing that would a trader deal with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

Fertilizer the biggest monopoly and price fixing industry there is. Ireland is just too small to make any impact on price. In fact we are tiny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

So hundreds of tonnes, if I was doing that would a trader deal with me?

Not easy to break into that game. Many years ago my brother was CFO of a major fert blender and I was getting 250 to 300 tons per year.
    A very large Coop made one phone call and put an end to it. You can imagine how pleased I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Would you deal with a purchasing group. Hundreds of tons. Cash on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Anyone buy Pasture or similar lately, any prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

420 last month. 300 for can

Pasture 405
    Richland 400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Durrus Boy

Dairygold blend their own variation of Pasture sward (not sure if any other co-ops do similar) in big bags only. It's 24-2-5 costing €360 cash. Actual pasture sward is €420. Thought it was good value.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

420 last month. 300 for can

Can 305 spread

rangler1 wrote: »
    Can 305 spread

The one thing I like is spreading fert. One job I actually wouldn't get a contractor to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Durrus Boy wrote: »
    Dairygold blend their own variation of Pasture sward (not sure if any other co-ops do similar) in big bags only. It's 24-2-5 costing €360 cash. Actual pasture sward is €420. Thought it was good value.....

That Dairygold blend looks very good value. I'll give them a ring in the morning. Cash of course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

15-10-10 Bb. 380 e
    Can 300 e bb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

The one thing I like is spreading fert. One job I actually wouldn't get a contractor to do

Only one tractor here so its really awkward to do, contractor did 50 hectares and only about 50kg left over, he was really confident, never looked in the spreader till he finished. Have a good 1.5 tonne amazon my self

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭mf240

Durrus Boy wrote: »

Actual pasture sward is 27 2.5 5. So three units less nitrogen is 36 euros and a half unit of p.

Which is probably a little over a tenner. Thats 46 euros less fert in the ton.

Mahoney has a price of 405 there for pasture . So your mix is only worth 360 ish so no real saving.

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Pasture 405
    Richland 400

You paying on the nose for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Any prices on 18.6.12

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭arctic8dave

dar31 wrote: »
    Any prices on 18.6.12

Quoted 400 yesterday from dg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭stanflt

dar31 wrote: »
    Any prices on 18.6.12

390 delivered yarra

pasture 393

cut sward 395

just bought 2 pallets of 0 7 30 and 2 pallets of MOP as milk more grass needed next year for low milk price

stanflt wrote: »
    390 delivered yarra

pasture 393

cut sward 395

just bought 2 pallets of 0 7 30 and 2 pallets of MOP as milk more grass needed next year for low milk price
    Whats the yara like?
    Where do ye buy that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Whats the yara like?
    Where do ye buy that?

Got a few loads of yara here a couple of yrs ago. Northern irish fert, found out after getting it that they're measurement of p+k is different, ie. a bag of they're 18-6-12 would be lower than an irish bag of the same. Bought it through Waterford Agri, and to be fair when I brought it up they admitted I was right and knocked a few € off the deal. They're was an article in the journal not long after about the same. Good quality fert( fresh etc) but haven't bought any since

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

390 delivered yarra

pasture 393

cut sward 395

Hi what price was the 0.7.30 and MOP? Are they big or small bags? Lads recommending I need to top up my p & k. Was thinking 50% MOP but heard it's impossible to get.

AP2014 wrote: »
    Hi what price was the 0.7.30 and MOP? Are they big or small bags? Lads recommending I need to top up my p & k. Was thinking 50% MOP but heard it's impossible to get.

Its fairly expensive now but is worth it. Have ideas of blanket spreading whole place with two bags of 0/7/30 next spring.
    Think MOP is around the 400 mark.
    Really depends on your soil samples. No point in spreading something if you dont know hiw much you need

You paying on the nose for that?

30 days credit,also 18 6 12 400 on 30 days credit.knock 5 euro a tonne for payement on day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Sami23

What price was the 0-7-30 and MOP Stan.

Also, which do ye reckon is the better fert. 18-6-12 or 10-10-20. I have always used 18-6-12 for grazing but went with 10-10-20 this year as soil samples showed P+K were low and seem to be getting good results.
    10-10-20 is usually bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

CAN 300

S CAN 320

Urea 390

cash collected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

Spread 18-6-12 405 pay 60 days

• Advertisement

Anyone know if u can get a specd fertliser like u can a meal mix.something like a 40% n(urea) 10 20 in spring would be nice to put out in one go.maby it would cost a big premium,came up at a discussion. Group meeting one day and no one had an answer

Advertisement