Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fertliser prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

305 can on account, 300 cash price

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

305 can on account, 300 cash price

where this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

320 for CAN in Dairygold on account

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

farmerjj wrote: »
    320 for CAN in Dairygold on account

Dairygold are doing good credit on fertlizer and feed tid year if you bought before March. It was 5/ton for cash. However you could split the payment over three months if you did not pay cash , June/July/August I calculated credit was costing about 2.5%/anum or 1,25% for the credit period.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭limerick farmer

Dairygold are doing good credit on fertlizer and feed tid year if you bought before March. It was 5/ton for cash. However you could split the payment over three months if you did not pay cash , June/July/August I calculated credit was costing about 2.5%/anum or 1,25% for the credit period.
    that deal has been improved I think in that any feed or fert bought before end of april can be paid off interest free over 4 months june,july,august and september

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

that deal has been improved I think in that any feed or fert bought before end of april can be paid off interest free over 4 months june,july,august and september

Not a fan of dairygold. Bought fertiliser from them recently. Refused to do any deal for paying upfront on fertiliser. Also bought some gran lime from them, as I was stuck. They quoted me one price over the phone but when I turned up a week later said it went up €10 a tonne. I told them the stuff outside their yard was old stock as I parked up alongside it before going into shop. It was last years stock. Plastic discoloured and green on side sun don't shine. They shrugged shoulders and said nothing they can do on price.

Not a fan of dairygold. Bought fertiliser from them recently. Refused to do any deal for paying upfront on fertiliser. Also bought some gran lime from them, as I was stuck. They quoted me one price over the phone but when I turned up a week later said it went up €10 a tonne. I told them the stuff outside their yard was old stock as I parked up alongside it before going into shop. It was last years stock. Plastic discoloured and green on side sun don't shine. They shrugged shoulders and said nothing they can do on price.

TBH one thing about them(and in general same with Kerry) the staff have no leeway with computer generated prices. However was buying barley and got pallet price taking it in half ton lots. Lads told me not to worry about finishing pallet as he book back last couple bags if it came to it.

That is the reality normally they discount 5/ton for cash up front however they are really pushing the credit option this year. TBF there discounts are fairly visibler, it was 5/ton for early ordering/delivery, 5/cash, and then they discount you at 12 ton and 18 ton mark I think. Lad I deal with is fair and up front and it is up to me to see if I can better it.

Bought my fertlizer in late January I think, they delivered it no farting around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Lads have fertiliser landed in yard and was hoping to spread it this Saturday on Silage and grazing ground but with dry weather forecast over the weekend and for next week do ye think I should hold off till theres some rain on way again ? ? ? :confused:
    Opinions wud b appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭White Clover

Sami23 wrote: »
    Lads have fertiliser landed in yard and was hoping to spread it this Saturday on Silage and grazing ground but with dry weather forecast over the weekend and for next week do ye think I should hold off till theres some rain on way again ? ? ? :confused:
    Opinions wud b appreciated

I'd spread it. A dew or a mist will get it going. Won't grow anything in the bag !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Arrabawn and liffeys knock off the interest on payment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Arrabawn and liffeys knock off the interest on payment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Is physoilith available from the merchants or do you have to get it through the manufactures rep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Maybe it been discussed here before but cant find it on search of thread, but did anyone ever use a fertiliser with 'AVAIL' in it. Lakeland (I'm presume among others) are selling it. This meanr to make the phosphorous more available to the soil. Analysis is 24-4-0. Not sure how much of this 'avail' is in it. It around €410 a ton.
    Any thoughts or is it just a marketing gimmick?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭White Clover

Is physoilith available from the merchants or do you have to get it through the manufactures rep

Some Co ops stock it. Anytime I got it, it was through timac rep. They have been taken over by grassland in kk since

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Any urea, 0 7 30 quotes lately? Silage ground still being grazed here.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭visatorro

cut sward 430, pasture sward 420, local merchant

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

did any1 try the Kosh KAN yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

oxjkqg wrote: »

looking into it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

it looks good on paper but i suppose as anything u would like to see reports of what way it is on the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Generally, what's the price difference between collecting fertiliser and having it delivered (large 500 Kg Bags). I normally collect it my self and I am only 4 miles or so from local COOP.

• Advertisement

Generally, what's the price difference between collecting fertiliser and having it delivered (large 500 Kg Bags). I normally collect it my self and I am only 4 miles or so from local COOP.

Most Co-op charge nothing and in some cases less than straight from co-op price. reason being is that fertlizer is delivered straight from producer to user. In this case Co-op never has to handle the fertlizer just take a margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

oxjkqg wrote: »

Any have prices/ton for it or the Kan+ s or the Kan+k?

is can to be got anywhere for less than 320 ?
    big bags and small bags for that price.

I am in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

Those of you that use 500kg bags, do you find it hard to load the right amount? Granted you're not lifting 50kg bags but at least you know what you've put in. I know you could mark out levels but this varies massively between different types such as Urea and Can, straights etc.

Those of you that use 500kg bags, do you find it hard to load the right amount? Granted you're not lifting 50kg bags but at least you know what you've put in. I know you could mark out levels but this varies massively between different types such as Urea and Can, straights etc.

I just put out fertiliser to the nearest half tonne

say I spread five acres well that's 100kg of fertiliser per acre ie 2 bags

half tonne bags are useless for small areas such as 2 or 3 acres at a time, unless you are my neighbour who stands into the bag and shovels the fertiliser into the vicon for the sake of saving 5 euro a tonne.!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Blackgrass

I just put out fertiliser to the nearest half tonne

say I spread five acres well that's 100kg of fertiliser per acre ie 2 bags

half tonne bags are useless for small areas such as 2 or 3 acres at a time, unless you are my neighbour who stands into the bag and shovels the fertiliser into the vicon for the sake of saving 5 euro a tonne.!!:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Sure we weren't your neighbour back in the day?! weapon of choice was old osmonds? orange detergent bucket and a knife s you worked down on side of the bag. Then you'd nearly always end up short.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Anyone get a price for 0.10.20 or 0.7.30 lately ?
    Also do ye find it hard to get 16% Phosphate as I tried 2 agri stores n neither of them do it they said ?

10.10.20 - €454
    0.7.30 - €409

Dairygold COOP on Clare, collected from COOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Is that what them bags are, 500kg
    Would I get two into a regular builders trailer ??

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Is that what them bags are, 500kg
    Would I get two into a regular builders trailer ??

Ah, you should. The only thing to remember is that they may fall over. Bring a ratchet strap to keep them together.

Advertisement