Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elite: Dangerous

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dunno about that did a few wing missions last night and most of them cost me.

Deliver 707 Lanthaum for 4 million, it cost me 6 million to get them :D

Sorry,meant to say massacre missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Passenger missions are still little goldmines thankfully with Robigo to Sothis runs netting around 25 mil per run in a Python. Delivery missions are ok but those collect X and bring it back ones I tend to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Started to re-engineer the Corvette (yeah took me a while).

Shield gone from 2503 to 5136, reackon I can push 6000 with boosters and +30-50% on every damage type.

Got rid of mirrored and got reactive Armour went from 2000 with minus 50/60 in some case to 3500 with +30 in almost all but Caustic.

Still have HREs to do, need materials :)

I can post a ****ty review about the game having nothing to do and no content :cool:

I can post a ****ty review about the game having nothing to do and no content :cool:

Not bad for a newbie :cool:

• Advertisement

Started to re-engineer the Corvette (yeah took me a while).

Shield gone from 2503 to 5136, reackon I can push 6000 with boosters and +30-50% on every damage type.

Got rid of mirrored and got reactive Armour went from 2000 with minus 50/60 in some case to 3500 with +30 in almost all but Caustic.

Still have HREs to do, need materials smile.png

What weapon loadout are you running? I just switched to 2 huge efficient beams + thermal venting and the rest being multi-cannons with various effects and it's an absolute monster in PvE.

Re engineered the MC back to all incendiary and some with emissive for extra bang.

Still have a few other items to get to up to speed but the main ones done, Looking at DD5 and they are 25% better than my current DD5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

I tend to switch things around a lot, but this is the current corvette build

Still needs some work but I've caught the exploration bug again so that can wait!

I wish I could press a button and export my ship into that website :)

Have you tried the High Conflict Zones? Its a deffo a wing thing, they get tough when the spec ops lads show up.

Haha, I have an EDSM account and use EDDiscovery to track everything so finding a build is a few clicks away!

Tried the CZs in the beta, spec ops and the enemy captains are challenging alright, especially the spec ops lads seeing as they gang up on you.

Also, just noticed that's an old build on the vette, I'd a few issues with EDD that I only fixed yesterday. I'd highly recommend Weapon Focused on the distro, coupled with efficient weapons and you can literally fire forever on 2 pips!

• Advertisement

Found my first Fumarol field today whilst mapping a system

468505.png

and whatever the hell this thing is...

468506.png

Re engineered the MC back to all incendiary and some with emissive for extra bang.

Still have a few other items to get to up to speed but the main ones done, Looking at DD5 and they are 25% better than my current DD5.

This is the PvE build I'm running for my Vette

https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/36565/585686/

Regarding the multi-cannons, the going consensus is that putting multiple corrosive and incendiary mods on weapons is a waste due to effects not stacking.

Went to Davs Hope, 1stly went to the wrong planet (C5) secondly nearly ran out of fuel. Finally got to Davs Hope (A5) and no materials spawned.....

Relogged and they spawned in :D But the fuel issues :(, not sure why i brought the Corvette with a small fuel tank and ****ty 3A fuel scoop.

Tomorrows problem :)

Found my first Fumarol field today whilst mapping a system

468505.png

and whatever the hell this thing is...

468506.png

Have you adjusted your graphics settings as the colours seem way less oversaturated than the default? I've tried lowering gamma down and while better, is still a tad off.

Went to Davs Hope, 1stly went to the wrong planet (C5) secondly nearly ran out of fuel. Finally got to Davs Hope (A5) and no materials spawned.....

Relogged and they spawned in biggrin.png But the fuel issues frown.png, not sure why i brought the Corvette with a small fuel tank and ****ty 3A fuel scoop.

Tomorrows problem smile.png

My own rule for fuel scoops is always fit an A-rated scoop in a ships 2nd biggest optional slot.

Also, hover the vette just above the Dav's Hope site and going into camera mode, to see just how MASSIVE a ship it really is :D

Venom wrote: »
    Have you adjusted your graphics settings as the colours seem way less oversaturated than the default? I've tried lowering gamma down and while better, is still a tad off.

If I did I don't remember! It's set to 50% anyway, I've also all settings maxed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Relogged and they spawned in :D But the fuel issues :(, not sure why i brought the Corvette with a small fuel tank and ****ty 3A fuel scoop.

Tomorrows problem :)

That's a lot of mess up's:p Elite is the kind of game that will drive you to the stage of uninstalling the game at times.

Only last week I took on a delivery mission. Accepted the mission went to the delivery destination and forgot to get the cargo. Went back and bought what I needed to deliver and back to the destination and it wouldn't accept the cargo. Went back again and after a google search that I need to load the cargo from the mission giver...so back again to the destination I was literately going to uninstall the game.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    That's a lot of mess up'stongue.png Elite is the kind of game that will drive you to the stage of uninstalling the game at times.

Only last week I took on a delivery mission. Accepted the mission went to the delivery destination and forgot to get the cargo. Went back and bought what I needed to deliver and back to the destination and it wouldn't accept the cargo. Went back again and after a google search that I need to load the cargo from the mission giver...so back again to the destination I was literately going to uninstall the game.

Yeah, the change in having to pick up the cargo yourself instead of it automatically getting placing in your cargo really threw me for a loop the first few times I ran delivery missions :)

My last oh crap moment was two CG's ago in a has rez fighting a wing of two elite conda's and a vulture, when I only go and hit silent running instead of the SCB button by mistake and my shields went bye-bye :o Had to haul it out of there asap with only 50% hull and a ton of dead modules. FSS scanner got remapped to where silent running used to be :D

In case anyone misses it, it's possible earn hundreds of millions at the moment mining void opals and selling them at Viktorenko Holdings.

Also, Frontier have confirmed that it is intentional and will not be changed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Venom wrote: »
    This is the PvE build I'm running for my Vette

https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/36565/585686/

Regarding the multi-cannons, the going consensus is that putting multiple corrosive and incendiary mods on weapons is a waste due to effects not stacking.

Seams solid enough on my vette I have the 2 huges as MC and rest are long ranger turreted beams.

One question is why have a 6 fuel tank as well as having a 6A fuel scoop not better throwing in a auto field maintenance unit to repair any burnt out beams or MC after getting a workout.

Myself I'm building an all Multi cannon FDL with either rapid fire or overcharged but all of them are auto loaders. AL is great, I'm sick of having someone in my sights and I pull the trigger then nothing "reloading...." also have MC's I can have 4 pips to systems all the time and I'm trowing in a prismatic shield so I should be almost impenetrable. The MC's draw nothing so its one less thing to worry about PIP management

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Seams solid enough on my vette I have the 2 huges as MC and rest are long ranger turreted beams.

One question is why have a 6 fuel tank as well as having a 6A fuel scoop not better throwing in a auto field maintenance unit to repair any burnt out beams or MC after getting a workout.

Myself I'm building an all Multi cannon FDL with either rapid fire or overcharged but all of them are auto loaders. AL is great, I'm sick of having someone in my sights and I pull the trigger then nothing "reloading...." also have MC's I can have 4 pips to systems all the time and I'm trowing in a prismatic shield so I should be almost impenetrable. The MC's draw nothing so its one less thing to worry about PIP management

The fuel tank and scoop combo is down to almost running out of fuel one time so when moving around the bubble, I pop on both just for peace of mind. I'v a selection of various parts I can summon to a station if needed depending on what I'm doing in a given situation.

Apart from one time I screwed up and hit silent running, my Vette's shields haven't dropped below one and a bit rings so damage is not something I really worry about.

Yeah auto-loader is getting put on all my MC's apart from the two small ones which will stay corrosive and incendiary for status effects when I get back over to Tod. You should check out running two huge beams tho as it's op as hell and melts anything mid sized down in seconds and with efficient and thermal vent on them you can fire non stop with 2.5 pips. MC bullet's only get used on the bigger ships :)

I like the reloading, it gives the NPC pirate time to reflect on the poor life choices that led to this moment.

Question, as the game is on sale a number of our group have it and I have been helping them, what that means is after 1 week of playing they have 100m each. Do you think this is helping them? Or should they be forced into the money grind early.

They have reasonable ships now and are starting to engineer them, obviously I cant help with the material grind but is having 100m after a week a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I like the reloading, it gives the NPC pirate time to reflect on the poor life choices that led to this moment.

Question, as the game is on sale a number of our group have it and I have been helping them, what that means is after 1 week of playing they have 100m each. Do you think this is helping them? Or should they be forced into the money grind early.

They have reasonable ships now and are starting to engineer them, obviously I cant help with the material grind but is having 100m after a week a good thing?

Hard to tell really imo. Some players may have dropped the game early due to that grind so would be a good thing keeping them playing but then others will probably feel they skipped a portion of the game later on of they stick with it,which is obviously a bad thing.

Both times ive started from scratch ive mostly avoided the get a billion in a day exploits till i was alreay in corvette/anaconda territory. Usually by the time your there you have a handle on how to make decent money but with the cost of A rating those ships compared to what came before either means grind it out very slowly or find ways to make cash quick. For me that was the point where help would have been at its most beneficial.

On the MC's for the corvette,i keep a C3 spot for high capacity mag and corrosive rounds,when the other MC's run out i can still just burst fire to proc corrosive then melt them with the two C4 long ranges beams. Keeps me from having to RTB as often. Beams do drain the capacitor quick but i find them very effective for PvE

The lack of having to deal with the money grind early on, allows a new player to get into a decent mid-level ship which lets them have a go at some of the more interesting parts of the game due to having access to a good exploration, combat or trading build.

Does it really make you a better player by having to grind for hours in a Cobra to slowly build up the credits to jump into Type 6 and then repeating the process over and over and over again? It's not like it's hard to make crazy amounts of money in-game in a very short amount of time by running passenger missions. I've made 500 million for a couple of hours worth of runs at Robigo over the last week, by just alt-tabbing back into the game in between watching Youtube vids. The main thing a new player needs to learn is never fly without the funds for a re-buy imho.

Personally I think it's a bit like running before you can walk. I've seen players earn millions quick and loose it all just as quick simply by not learning basic funds management. Getting money early days can be tedious but it teaches you a lot about, as Venom & EoinHef says, never flying without a rebuy, prioritising module/ship purchases, the value of a good shield generator and so on.

Having that little bit of fear of loosing it all teaches valuable lessons early on I think

They are now on 150m as I learned here you can stack massacre missions, I agree with Eoinhef about the new players dropping it due to the grind but I have done this before with others and they dont play anymore.

Be it me space trucking 4000 items and pooping out 1 each for them or combat missions, this time I have deliberately avoided the delivery missions and brought them to a system I am ranked with everyone in (wolf 406) specif-ally for them to get alliance bounty for todd so they are unknowingly to them doing 3 things at the same time. Making money, repping with Todd and gathering materials.

See how it goes but its an interesting point, I did the money thing the hard way until after 6 months I got the Conda and Sothis biowaste missions, I still have that money and have A rated Corvette and Cutter fully engineered to grade 5 on everything (still need to legacy a few things tho) and all alien tech unlocked.

Gonna bring them to fight a Thargoid tomorrow :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Right ..I'm doing this wrong..been running courier missions and "source x amount of x' runs around wyrd, and liking them Have a decently specced cobra III (Either 3a/4a fsd, power management,thrusters,etc) but it feels like theres not enough space to carry items..without ditching shields which im afraid to do without.
    only have about 1 million in the bank ..what's the next step from here? Go for a trader spec ship?

if trade is what you're into then a Type 6 like this might be worth building towards. Then spec it out better as you get more money.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Right ..I'm doing this wrong..been running courier missions and "source x amount of x' runs around wyrd, and liking them Have a decently specced cobra III (Either 3a/4a fsd, power management,thrusters,etc) but it feels like theres not enough space to carry items..without ditching shields which im afraid to do without.
    only have about 1 million in the bank ..what's the next step from here? Go for a trader spec ship?

Are you on PC?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

yeah playing on Pc at the moment

Advertisement