Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elite: Dangerous

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PVP isnt fair or balanced in ED hence why I dont partake in it.

I have Siege, WW3, INS and many many other games for PVP>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Regarding PvP be very very careful :eek: you think you might have a kick ass Cutter but you come up against a seasoned PvP'r you will get destroyed in a matter of seconds. Firstly you dodnt really want to be doing it in a ship that cost you nearly a billion credits, because you will be looking at that rebuy screen A LOT.

Yeah have a blast with your friends when you know what load out he has and he mightn't go for the coup-de-grace. But these PvP lads have some black magic stuff going on eg reverb cascade rockets, double shot frag cannons etc etc. MY advice if you get interdicted and think you might have a go DONT!!

They will drop your shields in seconds and disable you FSD just as quick, practice your high waking get my ass outa here procedure. If you do want to some PvP do it a medium ship that wont sting when you look at that rebuy screen. Most of these guys are flying in FDL, FAS etc

Finally regarding your load out in my Vette I have all long range turreted beams and my two huge are overcharged gimballed mulit-cannons with corrosive shells in one and the other thermal shock in the other. Once their shields are gone they dont have time to get them back up again. The Cutter has only one huge so deffo that should be a overcharged multi-cannon with either corrosive shells or thermal shock. See how you get on with that but you might want to swap out one of the other beams to another MC.

By the way if you haven't heard the Fuel Rats home base Fuelum (yes thats right) is in civil war and they are looking for pilots to rock up and help. Go to a CZ and cash in combat bonds. Pick your side to the Fuel Rat faction. The place is full with other commanders and the odd ganker so be careful as usual. I think there might be only a few more hours in it.

Thanks for the tips, I got to team up with another group in Fuelum tonight. Twas all in good fun. Had a bit of scrap with a Corvette in a CZ. I think he was the bad guy and we were the good guys... I think :D The people I teamed up with seemed really nice anyway!

I had tried to go with 5 X G4 long range burst lasers on the central hard points of the cutter. But ran into major issues with heat generation when I was firing at the Corvette, it meant I had to stop firing a lot of the time... far too much time! Probably also meant I would have had terrible hull damage if I'd even managed to get his shields down. Ramming the Corvette repeatedly seemed more effective than my overheating burst lasers :)

So anyway I've now switched my one huge over to an MC and put beam lasers on the nacelles, both with thermal vent. Then left my 2 X medium & 2 X large as G4 long range burst lasers on the central hard points. The two large with phasing and scramble spectrum, the 2 x medium with flow control each. Seems reasonable to me and now that I've got to test it a bit in a haz res, the thermals and the amount of time I can keep those lasers lit up is much more satisfactory!

https://s.orbis.zone/rim

It was nice though to be able to sit at over 5km away and have no damage falloff from my weapons! Hopefully next time I'll be able to do a bit more damage. Oh and lasers as fixed weapons are a nice starting point for a newbie and fixed weapons. The micro targeting when over 3 to 4 km from the target is nice and easy to line up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Beta is live now and the patch notes is huge!

Jaysis thats huge!!!

Cant connect will try again later.,

• Advertisement

Servers seem to be overloaded at the moment

More stable tonight but had a crash just now that totally locked up my pc. Getting the hang of the new analysis mode and it's really quick, can see an exploration trip coming along shortly. New lighting system is very nice.

New sound is amazing.

Fight a Capital Ship, its brilliant :)

Want to try a conflict zone scenario, the cap ships are amazing.

Bloody right! New CZ's are intense. Just got ambushed by 3 Spec Ops Vultures in a High Intensity CZ, highly engineered, took my shields down (Krait) in seconds and barely made it out alive. That was nuts!

Got the best of both worlds, went into a CZ and was winning, took me a while to notice how lonely I was out there (look at the radar).

Survived way longer than usual, would have taken the Capital Ship if my AI team didnt suck balls and all pretty much die.

45159314_2042762355763207_3438912599452811264_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=fc3fc011c4b33c4e3c0f24e0a789226a&oe=5C81F78E

• Advertisement

Jayzus...

I really like this part, confirmation of the win (until the next day, i think?) but it gives a finality to the madness.

I was getting intermittent scenario missions/sounds tonight. I went into that system to kill a pirate and found a CZ and jumped in and a cap ship dropped in :)

45150383_2042762349096541_2641604040378548224_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=7470b44655bcf65de636dc6e4668d1ca&oe=5C7BB199

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The new lighting from a Reddit poster

looks really amazing.

It is tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just started on my Thargoid adventure and killed my first few over the last few days. Bought a Krait whacked in a load of armour and g5 heavy dutied the lot. Integrity up and around 2900 I think. Only thing I'm missing is some decent Guardian tech and guns. Only have unlocked the class 1 shard cannon. The rest are AX MC's and an AX Tiapan.

Am able to solo threat 4 and 5 easy enough just scouts thus whole caustic thing is annoying me though.

Oh yeah got into a right battle, dropped into a T5 and these bastards were everywhere but I stuck it out and came out with my hull down to 13%....I then had to run hot to burn the caustic so that dropped me to 11%. But hey I was happy and all chuffed with my self after surviving. Man all that armour really pays off. So then head off to the nearest station, but low and behold I noticed another player with his guns out and circling in behind me. I was only about 20ls from the base so did a few loops but didn't shake him. I then planned to just drop out of SC myself and started to throttle down (in hind sight I should of just HW into the next system while in SC) but anyway he got me...I submitted, boosted at him picked the next system and turned back on him again but he bumped (rammed?) And me only at 11% hull that was the end of that :(

Ah well at least I didn't loose the combat ranking points that's what I'm interested in atm.

Krait seems good just need the proper guns now and not looking forward to the Guardian grind. What should I be going for? Is
    Lvl 3 Gauss cannon and shard cannon?

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Shard Cannons lots of them with MC on explosive. in your non Alien loadout slots.

But tbh the Anaconda is the best ship to fight them even better than Cutter/Corvette because it has more 3 slots.

You should wing up and min/max your weapon load outs for tank/target and the other gets in behind with Shard Cannons and rips them apart.

Also if you wing up to get the guardian blueprints, you can have your mate hover above the ruins with dumb fire missiles, only issue is when re logging you have re wing up.

But when done correctly its most time efficient way of gathering mats/blueprints.

Ah feck it...the Conda makes more sense alright looking even at the armour values alone. Just didn't want to be looking at the rebuy screen and it hurting too much. Even the jump range helps as these goods can be out a bit. Might have a change of plans.

If you plan it correctly you only have to go get the mats/blueprints once.

But you will spend a few hours there.

Just do this (if you pick the conda, finding a close landing spot can take a while)

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/8uxkma/simple_guardian_guide_weapons_and_blueprints/

Thinking about it I'm going to stick with the Krait for now, having to kit out a Conda will be too costly for now and I'm kinda of enjoying the nimble Krait. Main purpose for now is jump into threat 4 and 5 and kill scouts for combat rank. Which is ticking up nicely. (65% dangerous atm) I will take my AspX over to that guardian site again and grind the LVL 3 shard cannons. The last time I was there I had my bloody point defence on the bottom of my ship which then didn't take down the missiles which was a pain, but I know the routine anyway

• Advertisement

Did a bit of messing around with the auld Krait and decided to fit all Rapid Fire multi cannons with auto loaders. I have them all G4 engineered missing one mat to roll G5 but I am happy with the result....Destroyed 3 vultures here but the clip missed the first vulture at the start. I know they were softened up a bit by the other NPC's there but I'm happy with the result. But I have taken down a Corvette with this build easy enough

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/toxicstarknova/video/63368086

Obviously this is only an assassination mission boat and not a CZ grinder like my Vette but its fun. Need to work on my shields though but I'm not too worried as my Krait is fully G5 armored for Goid hunting so my shields can drop without too much bother.

Thinking about getting prismatic shields as this needs to be able to drop into an assassination mission that could contain a Vette, FDL and a few others and take serious punishment over a shot space of time then back to base. The great thing about this build is you can have 4 pips to shields all the time and the MC's hardly drain the capacitor at all.

So has anyone been playing the beta?

So has anyone been playing the beta?

Yeah played them all, some excellent stuff in it.

Waiting for the full release and video game companies to stop releasing new games for a ****ing few minutes :D

Hey lads this is on sale on Steam at the moment and i'm quite tempted but I was under the impression there was an offline mode which I know now isn't the case. Is it suitable for solo play at all? I wouldn't have much interest in pvp style gameplay really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

No offline mode per say but solo mode is equivalent and you can chose that. Also private groups that dont allow PvP exist so could join one of them. Mobius is the largest and relatively easy to join.

Havent played in a few months,be going back for 3.3 and see how i get on. Havent played on PC in ages so decided to just wait till its out on console.

As above Solo mode is online with no other human players.

Try that and see if you like it. The latest beta is out before the end of the year and makes massive gameplay changes, if you play it now you may have to relearn things later.

Also get the full Horizons to get the most out of the game.

Solo is where it's at starting out, then you can decide where you want to go once you've found your feet, there's a lot to learn but it's not as daunting as it used to be. There will be new stuff to learn in the new update, so find your feet now and it should be grand.

The changes being made in the next update really are very impressive and bring a lot of the elements of the game together to work much more coherently. Haven't played the normal game since it dropped, just been trying everything out. The new thargoid content in beta this week looks very interesting also.

So the new Thargoid conflict zones are........eh.......intense

Will get to them, they sound awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Frontier have the Black Friday ship skins up on the store for the next few days so get em while you can :)

Advertisement