Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragic yet worrying scenes in waterford last night

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Tony EH wrote: »

You need to get your timeline in check. No serious crime had been committed by the time they had left the estate , as far as we, or at least i know at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I think you are confusing me with jeremy clarkson.

Unlikely..... Jeremy clarkson would never be a proponent for damaging cars.......... unless they were manufactured by Rover.

Listen Nino, it's very important that you ignore the thousands of Euros of damage that these guys likely did to the cars of the residents, otherwise people might lose sympathy for the dead man. Sure what's a few thousand euros out of their pockets anyway, aren't we all loaded these days? They'd probably only blow it on mortgage payments or food anyhow, bloody bourgeoisie.

Likely? You know become sub. Human and worthy of death because it is likely you caused some damage to things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

You need to get your timeline in check. No serious crime had been committed by the time they had left the estate , as far as we, or at least i know at this stage.

That's not way The Times reported it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Your source for all of the above?

Eye witnesses:

One of the houses hit belongs to Superintendent Michael Leacy. He was woken at around 12.05am yesterday to hear bottles smashing off his home.
    By this stage, other neighbours had also been targeted and were out on the roadway following the culprits.

“Nothing even close to this has ever happened in this estate before. We don’t believe he (Supt Leacy) was targeted as they (the gang) were randomly throwing bottles at other houses before they got to his and again later down the road,” another neighbour said.

Another resident in the estate claimed that he’d seen youths kicking one car and smashing another vehicle’s window with a bottle.

He added that five youths and two teenage girls were “shouting and roaring” as they targeted the homes and property.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/estate-in-shock-as-teen-dies-after-garda-attacked-268991.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭RecordStraight

A sterling defence of 'not serious crime' such as vandalism, public order offences, and criminal damage.

Maybe they should have given them an award for livening up the street?

Likely? You know become sub. Human and worthy of death because it is likely you caused some damage to things.
    What?

Incidentally, I don't think he should have got the death sentence - just a year in prison, or somesuch. But he killed himself trying to evade justice. Tough sh!t.

So you would prefer a society where people are free to smash other people's property, vandalise at will, and put elderly people in fear in their homes?

You 'care' about the innocent, yeah? What about the right of innocent people not to live in fear, have their hard-earned belongings trashed, their neighbourhood vandalised, their rest disturbed?

If the Garda had not confronted these scumbags, they would have got away with what they did, same as scumbags usually get away with it. That's the society you want to live in. I prefer one where people are held to account for their crimes, where people stand up to criminals.

So one of them died as he tried to escape. Tough ****. There are hundreds of genuine tragedies happening every week in this country alone. I'll save my sympathy for those people - people driven to suicide by local thugs, that sort of thing. I don't celebrate his death. I just don't care.

You, on the other hand, preoccupy yourself with the guys who commit the crimes. Perhaps you envy them, somehow?
    I prefer a society where justice prevails, everyone is innocent until proven guilty and can have their day in court and any punishment is proportional to the crime i.e. Not death for smashing bottles in a public place. I prefer a society where a human life has more value than a car.

Nino Brown wrote: »
    Eye witnesses:

One of the houses hit belongs to Superintendent Michael Leacy. He was woken at around 12.05am yesterday to hear bottles smashing off his home.
    By this stage, other neighbours had also been targeted and were out on the roadway following the culprits.

“Nothing even close to this has ever happened in this estate before. We don’t believe he (Supt Leacy) was targeted as they (the gang) were randomly throwing bottles at other houses before they got to his and again later down the road,” another neighbour said.

Another resident in the estate claimed that he’d seen youths kicking one car and smashing another vehicle’s window with a bottle.

He added that five youths and two teenage girls were “shouting and roaring” as they targeted the homes and property.
    Again, it's important that we ignore the first-hand evidence of the victims of the gang.

I prefer a society where justice prevails, everyone is innocent until proven guilty and can have their day in court and any punishment is proportional to the crime i.e. Not death for smashing bottles in a public place. I prefer a society where a human life has more value than a car.
    A load of bullsh!t rhetoric. What a surprise.

• Advertisement

Again, it's important that we ignore the first-hand evidence of the victims of the gang.

I know, now if the Garda would just reimburse the thugs for breaking their bottle with his head we put all this unpleasantness behind us.

I know, now if the Garda would just reimburse the thugs for breaking their bottle with his head we put all this unpleasantness behind us.
    Well to be fair, if the thugs could make it clear to everyone on the street when it is ok with the thugs for them to leave their cars out, or have windows in their houses, or to sleep, the situation wouldn't have arisen in the first place. So the thugs do share a certain amount of culpability here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rm234

Don't know if it was posted or not but these vermin help up a house with a hatchet on wednesday and were out on bail. They certainly weren't just drunk ASBOs.

rm234 wrote: »
    Don't know if it was posted or not but these vermin help up a house with a hatchet on wednesday and were out on bail. They certainly weren't just drunk ASBOs.

No surprises there! It hadn't been mentioned before, but I knew it was just a matter of time before somebody would bring up their criminal history.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thirdtime

Did anyone see a photo of Michael Ducey's father? It's up on Jamie's Facebook page. He has an employment repelling tattoo on his neck

A load of bullsh!t rhetoric. What a surprise.
    Bull****? As in it is all false? One of the pillars of civilised society?

Point out a single thing you disagree with that you've quoted.

thirdtime wrote: »
    Did anyone see a photo of Michael Ducey's father? It's up on Jamie's Facebook page. He has an employment repelling tattoo on his neck
    So...?

Not gunna copy the exact text either but one of his mates posted on his page reminiscing about how they used to throw stones at houses, they obviously got a kick out of doing it

No surprises there! It hadn't been mentioned before, but I knew it was just a matter of time before somebody would bring up their criminal history.
    Yes, you assumed based on your own prejudices. Give yourself a pat on the back

Not gunna copy the exact text either but one of his mates posted on his page reminiscing about how they used to throw stones at houses, they obviously got a kick out of doing it
    And I'll just take you on the word so.

So...?

Having a tattoo on your neck = Unemployable

No doubt Mr. Ducey would blame his circumstances on 'society' just like you Bomber it's everyone else's fault except for Ducey's.

• Advertisement

Bull****? As in it is all false? One of the pillars of civilised society?

Point out a single thing you disagree with that you've quoted.
    That's exactly why it is rhetorical bullsh!t. It's just a load of platitudinous preaching. It has no application to the current case whatsoever. The guy wasn't killed because he smashed up some cars, he died because he was trying to escape justice; justice for p!ssing all over the basic human rights of others not to have their lives made a misery.

If you are going to post platitudes, at least post relevant ones.

Yes, you assumed based on your own prejudices. Give yourself a pat on the back

And I'll just take you on the word so.

I'll PM you the link if you like, seeing as you are the expert

That's exactly why it is rhetorical bullsh!t. It's just a load of platitudinous preaching. It has no application to the current case whatsoever. The guy wasn't killed because he smashed up some cars, he died because he was trying to escape justice; justice for p!ssing all over the basic human rights of others not to have their lives made a misery.

If you are going to post platitudes, at least post relevant ones.
    ... so in response to the request to point out any "bull****". You can't point out a single thing that you don't actually agree with. ... Good talk:rolleyes:

Yes, you assumed based on your own prejudices.

I assumed based on the fact that normal people don't destroy property, harass families, and assault people. That is the work of criminals.

I'll PM you the link if you like, seeing as you are the expert
    I'm no expert, but yes please do, if such a thing actually exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

If this real world involves celebrating the death of a young student for being allegedly rowdy in the vicinity of a police mans home you can keep it, i dont want any part of it.

And a quick reminder that these old people were teenagers once themselves and likely bothered the old people of the day with their antics.

Once again brown bomber "bothering old people with their antics" means playing knick knack on a summers evening before you got called in for your tea and bed. This gang were returning from a beach party drunk/high throwing bottles at peoples houses and smashing car windows. I'm not going to let you diminish the suffering and fear of the elderly. Antics my arse. Your quite insufferable.

brown Bomber seems like you're fighting a losing battle. Just turn your computer off

Eye witnesses: l
    Unnamed eyewitnesses, which are worthless as they can easily be fabricated.
    If he was asleep how does he know that there was bottles smashing off his home?
    Does this sound realistic to you? Where have they got all the empty bottles from? To have as many bottles as are implied then this would need to have been a pre-planned attack carried out in random neighbourhood for no apparent reason..

Can you explain why these neighbours "following" these guys stopped following them? Everyone has a camera these days so where is the footage? Can you explain why these people were not assaulted by the small group?
    And presumably any reporter worth his salt would be asked to be directed to the scene of the crime and photograph it. Do we have these photos?
    Oh, another claim of an unnamed person. Not very convincing. So where are the photos of these smashed cars?

... so in response to the request to point out any "bull****". You can't point out a single thing that you don't actually agree with. ... Good talk:rolleyes:
    So you concede that what you posted is completely irrelevant? Fair play to you.

• Advertisement

Okay Brown Bomber, I give up.

There was 2 possibilities:
    1. They were just scumbags with previous criminal histories out causing trouble.
    2. There is giant conspiracy to frame them including the Gardai, Ambulance Service, Coast Guard, every news paper in the country, and people on this forum.

You're right, it has to be number 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement