Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ire1995

Any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Mystic any news on how your son is doing? Does he get to come home at the weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Kirm2 wrote: »
    Mystic any news on how your son is doing? Does he get to come home at the weekends?

He only went back yesterday after being off from Friday evening. They weren't allowed home the first week. They got local leave from 2pm to 9pm on Saturday and Sunday of the first week. I haven't got a clue when he'll be home again as all leave is a privilege that has to be earned and can be cancelled at short notice. He absolutely loves it. 15 weeks to go!!

I'll be glued to RTE1 next week to see Recruits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQYaYelQTeQ

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

I'm on a 2016 panel for the navy. I did my interview during the summer. Anyone know if I could be called to do a medical before the end of this year? Could I be asked to fill the position of someone who drops out or rejects their job offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rusty14

has anyone heard from the curragh panel or from the navy panel. my son is on both panels has passed both medicals and is still waiting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

rusty14 wrote: »
    has anyone heard from the curragh panel or from the navy panel. my son is on both panels has passed both medicals and is still waiting!!

Still nothing from the curragh panel

• Registered Users Posts: 3 saoirseb95

Has anyone else been contacted yet ..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 River76

saoirseb95 wrote: »
    Has anyone else been contacted yet ..?

Doesn't seem to be any word yet, has anyone on the panel applied to the current recruitment?

Has anyone heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 River76

Ire1995 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything?

Noting yet, has anyone phoned the recruitment office?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Waku

Same here it's killing me, done the interview pass it and they told me that I've been put on a panel for 2016..

Don't quote me on this, but I was talking to a couple of lads who said The Curragh applicants could be getting called in a couple weeks, might need to resit fitness/medical though. Don't know how reliable the source but it could be something! Fingers crossed for ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rusty14

Well we are off to the Navy Oct 5th. It's been a long 18 months of waiting

Anyone else on here going to the curragh on the 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Richie lee

Hareton wrote: »
    Anyone else on here going to the curragh on the 19th?

When did you get your email?
    Still haven't heard a thing myself and did my medical June 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Feeney23

Richie lee wrote: »

I haven't heard anything either mate, might give them a buzz tommorow

Got it yesterday morning. They rang wednesday first to see if i was still interested

Feeney23 wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything either mate, might give them a buzz tommorow

Yeah I rang yesterday and they said we should hear shortly. They're still waiting on vetting forms to come back. I was hoping to get the curragh but that's looking unlikely now. Still though I'd be happy with anywhere!

Curragh platoon was brought in Oct 19th, Cavalry Corps.

Information for those still waiting.....

"A total of 157 personnel have been inducted into the Army to date in 2015 from the panels formed from the General Service recruitment competition which was launched in March 2014. The induction of a further 80 Recruits in the coming months will result in these panels being exhausted. A new General Service recruitment campaign for the Army was launched on 4 August 2015. The induction of successful candidates from this competition is expected to commence in early 2016."

Taken from https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2015-10-20a.699&s=army+recruitment#g701.r

• Advertisement

Anyone else have any updates? Any info on when or where we might be starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jay1992

Anyone else have any updates? Any info on when or where we might be starting?

Its not looking good that we'll even get in at this stage.I'd take anywhere at this stage

Jay1992 wrote: »
    Its not looking good that we'll even get in at this stage.I'd take anywhere at this stage

This was taken from another thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056577304&page=171
    azure wrote: »
    As a candidate in this competition myself, the interview is the only stage where I would be reluctant to talk about. Remember we are all competing against each other and anyone that gives advice to someone they don't even know is reducing their own chances of getting in!

I sent them a email and they said that they will also be taking people from the panel. So there might be very few of us from this competition that get selected for the intake early next year.

Hope the people on the 2014 competition panel hear something soon.....it's been a long time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

The above quote from Minister Coveney regarding the use of the 2014 panel being exhausted after the next 80 Recruits are taken in was an answer to a question, nothing more. There could be 5 left on the panel, meaning 75 people involved in the recuitment process at the minute will get the call... Or there could be 75 people on the panel, with 5 people from the current recruitment process getting the call. If successful, you will at the very least be given a placing on a panel, with Army recruitment continuing for the foreseeable future.

You've passed the fitness and psychometric testing, plenty of people haven't. You're in a good place, your next target should be the interview stage, nothing else.

Relax.

John Mongo wrote: »
    The above quote from Minister Coveney regarding the use of the 2014 panel being exhausted after the next 80 Recruits are taken in was an answer to a question, nothing more. There could be 5 left on the panel, meaning 75 people involved in the recuitment process at the minute will get the call... Or there could be 75 people on the panel, with 5 people from the current recruitment process getting the call. If successful, you will at the very least be given a placing on a panel, with Army recruitment continuing for the foreseeable future.

You've passed the fitness and psychometric testing, plenty of people haven't. You're in a good place, your next target should be the interview stage, nothing else.

Relax.
    He has done his interview last year aswell as his medical last june

Tomorrow is passing out day for all that posted on here and started in August (Finner and Aiken). Very very proud mammy here. Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jay1992

Has anyone else got an email today about induction into limerick on the 21st december..delighted the waits over

Has anyone else got an email today about induction into limerick on the 21st december..delighted the waits over

Yeah got the email, delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

How long have you been on the panel?

• Advertisement

azure wrote: »
    How long have you been on the panel?

Ah a good while, I applied March 2014 nd did my medical in June this year. So happy to finally get in.

Advertisement