Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

killer91 wrote: »
    I'm currently serving in Finner at the moment.

When I got the email last year it was only around 2/3 weeks notice.

What happens on the first day?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

You'll be attested by an officer with your enlistment papers.

You'll be given an intro lecture with your platoon sergeant and platoon commander on what to expect during and from the training.

Put into your sections and introduced to your section commanders.

Moved into your accommodation blocks, what is expected to upkeep the blocks and you'll get to know your room mates.

Then you'll start into some basic marching and the fun really starts :p

The next day or two you'll get your kit issue.

You'll be given an intro lecture with your platoon sergeant and platoon commander on what to expect during and from the training.

Moved into your accommodation blocks, what is expected to upkeep the blocks and you'll get to know your room mates.

Cheers man 😊 will they tell you what to bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

What kind of fitness level should be expected in the first weeks, do they build you up or what's the story. I do nightshifts and have barely trained since I started it . But if I get a pass email I'm jacking up this job and gonna train like ****. Would 3 weeks be enough. This would be more Less be me starting my fitness from scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ire1995

Did you apply through the curragh?

• Advertisement

Ye they will send an email with a list of what gear to bring.

Krisd2014 wrote: »
    What kind of fitness level should be expected in the first weeks, do they build you up or what's the story. I do nightshifts and have barely trained since I started it . But if I get a pass email I'm jacking up this job and gonna train like ****. Would 3 weeks be enough. This would be more Less be me starting my fitness from scratch

Ye they will run another fitness test the first week aswel.

The best thing I would say is to build up your running as you'll be doing lots of it:o.

I would also say not to go too hard now as its nearly impossible to get rid of an injury during training so try and build up the distance rather than pace.

Ire1995 wrote: »
    Did you apply through the curragh?

No through Cathal Brugha.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

What was it like day to day?

Packoman wrote: »
    What was it like day to day?

The great thing about it was that you were doing something different everyday.

It will follow a syllabus and you'll get a program at the start of each week on what you will be covering.

There will be PT everyday even twice some days.

My best advice would try to stay injury free as I've seen a few people drop out because of injuries.

• Advertisement

What's the food situation like?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Krisd2014 wrote: »

I'd say you need to get things in order before that. Three weeks' training, essentially from scratch, and you're seriously increasing your chances of being injured or just caving in in the first few weeks. It's all well and good to work nights but you still have to get your training in or you're going to be in real trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deanzel94

Best of luck to the lads starting tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shanemulh92

Hi folks,

Did my medical 5th June at St Bricin's and still got no word. I've emailed with no response and I'm a bit worried because they said it would only be a couple of weeks until results where back.
    Was wondering if there's anyone here that did theirs the same day as me and if so, have you got a response yet?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deanzel94

Hi folks,

Did my medical 5th June at St Bricin's and still got no word. I've emailed with no response and I'm a bit worried because they said it would only be a couple of weeks until results where back.
    Was wondering if there's anyone here that did theirs the same day as me and if so, have you got a response yet?

Cheers

Think everyone in Dublin is in the same boat man no one heard back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shanemulh92

Deanzel94 wrote:
    Think everyone in Dublin is in the same boat man no one heard back yet

Cheers man, good to hear I'm not alone.

An auld automated email saying not to worry lads we haven't forgotten about ye, wouldn't go astray though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

What is the average age of PDF recruits?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

danube wrote: »
    What is the average age of PDF recruits?

In my platoon it was maybe 21 to 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

I asked this on another forum about people entering general service with a degree. How many of you starting recruit training in the next few weeks have third level degrees?
    I have a law degree myself and I'm on a panel for the navy 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ire1995

danube wrote: »
    I asked this on another forum about people entering general service with a degree. How many of you starting recruit training in the next few weeks have third level degrees?
    I have a law degree myself and I'm on a panel for the navy 2016.

Im an accountant and joining the army this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

Check your emails lads!!!! 10th of august boom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jkachill

Where? And where did u apply through

jkachill wrote: »
    Where? And where did u apply through

2nd brigade. Was dealing with the bruagha

Congrats man. I'm still waitin on word from the curragh. Where ye doin yer trainin

jkachill wrote: »
    Congrats man. I'm still waitin on word from the curragh. Where ye doin yer trainin

Thank you. It just says the date and that on acceptance of the position I'll get the place

Ah rite. Well best of luck mate. Hope we all get the shout soon

Same here lad 10th of August, The wait is over haha

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Congrats lads. My son got the same e-mail about an hour ago. Starting on 10th August.....no location yet. It was touch and go for him as he had to have blood tests repeated but was told yesterday that he passed......phew!! Best of luck to everyone.

• Advertisement

Anyone from the curragh hear anything?

Advertisement