Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

New compitition started

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Feeney23

It's an absolute joke that they're starting a new competition when there's still people here who haven't heard back from them.. Has any one from the Curragh got any emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Feeney23 wrote: »
    It's an absolute joke that they're starting a new competition when there's still people here who haven't heard back from them.. Has any one from the Curragh got any emails?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Richie lee

Well lads, just rang the curragh recruitment office there and was told everything was fine with my medical. He told me to keep an eye on my emails that we should be starting early this month, they're just waiting on a couple more things to clear

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shanemulh92

Has anyone who applied for Dublin received a confirmation of acceptance, and if so, have you any news on where we're going on the 10th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Stemcg221

Has anyone who applied for Dublin received a confirmation of acceptance, and if so, have you any news on where we're going on the 10th?

Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

Dundalk or Donegal bud

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

Just rang the curragh, he said they are waiting on Garda vetting and when enough vetting forms come back they will send out an email. They are only getting 2/3 back a day that's why some people have heard back and not others...so again.... Keep checking emails :/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deanzel94

Lads starting Monday check emails

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

Deanzel94 wrote: »
    Lads starting Monday emails

What Dyou mean?

• Advertisement

Im going to Finner on the 10th

Best of luck kris d anyone else get Dundalk on the 10th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

My son is going to Dundalk.

mystic wrote: »
    My son is going to Dundalk.

I'll sees you's there so haha

Dundalk thankfully 🙏 unlucky to anyone who got finner time off will be spent travelling if your from dub anyway

Delighted for all of you. You persevered and stuck it out for nearly 18 months. It was like waiting for a bus for over a year and all the buses appearing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stemcg221

Dundalk on the 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

What is going on atal lads. I went through the curragh as eel there by the way.
    I'm going to need more than a days notice, I've been good enough to hang around 18 months the least we deserve is notice. Any one else ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ire1995

What is going on atal lads. I went through the curragh as eel there by the way.
    I'm going to need more than a days notice, I've been good enough to hang around 18 months the least we deserve is notice. Any one else ring them?

The people that will be given 24 hours notice have been notified

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Ire1995 wrote: »

Ah that's grand then. Do u have any idea what the story is? Like anything atal!? Where we are likely to be going or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Girlfriend going to finner on the 10th, anyone know is that where you are based after the training? And any other girls going there?

micko4 wrote: »
    Girlfriend going to finner on the 10th, anyone know is that where you are based after the training? And any other girls going there?

It's says in the email after training you can be sent anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jkachill

Did I get an email about it mate? They told me on the phone this mornin it was a possibility but I'm still kinda left in the dark

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jkachill

Did u get an email about it mate? They told me on the phone this mornin it was a possibility but I'm still kinda left in the dark

jkachill wrote: »
    Did u get an email about it mate? They told me on the phone this mornin it was a possibility but I'm still kinda left in the dark

No i havent

Hopefully you's get it lads, but apply to the new competition just incase. Good source told me that the next platoons after Monday will be in dublin In December

M763 wrote: »
    Hopefully you's get it lads, but apply to the new competition just incase. Good source told me that the next platoons after Monday will be in dublin In December

People who havent heard have passed the medical but just waiting place

M763 wrote: »

From the press release about the new recruitment........"It’s expected that successful applicants in this round of competition will start being enlisted in December." It didn't say which year though :rolleyes:

The website www.military.ie crashed earlier and is still down. I can't see how they can go through the whole recruitment process again (fitness tests, psychometric tests, interviews, medicals and Garda vetting) in three months considering everything you've all been through.

Hope all the people waiting hear good news very soon. Hang on in there.

Edit: www.military.ie is back up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Its not the wait thats bothering me I just want to know if I have a place or not. Ive put alot on hold waiting for this. Ill be too old to reapply for the next competition so i just want to know if im in or if i have to start making other plans.

• Advertisement

This is the list of stuff they wanted us to take, if they do leave you with v. Short notice and you couldn't get some of it in time. Would save you rushing and panicking.

4. You should have with you the following documents when you report:
    a. This Notification, and a completed copy of the Personal Information Sheet attached. (i.e. printed- out-copy).
    b. Details of an open Republic of Ireland Bank Account and any relevant income tax documents (i.e so that your tax affairs can be sorted without delay). Any recruits who do not have a Republic of Ireland Bank Account should open one before the 10th of August 2014.
    c. PPS number (residents of Republic of Ireland.
    d. Birth Certificate, Passport or Drivers Licence (if not previously received)
    e. Marriage Certificate (Where Applicable)
    f. 4 x Passport Photo’s
    g. Cash (Small amount for personal use. Please note that the first pay day will not be for 7-10 days).
    h. P60 AND /OR P45 (If Applicable) or National Equivalent.

i. Your normal garment sizes across the following clothing elements:
    i. Shoe size (UK sizing standard)
    ii. Waist size (in Inches)
    iii. Shirt size (ie ‘S’/’M’/’L’)
    j. Record of previous inoculations received (MMR, 6 in 1 Travel Shots etc)

5. Recruits should be in possession of the following:
    a. Change of clothes, underwear and socks for a min 7 days.
    b. Toiletries (including shaving gear & flip flops)
    c. Towels x 2
    d. Runners, t-shirt & shorts
    e. Writing materials (note books pens, A4 refill pad & folder etc)
    f. Washing Powder
    g. Current ID (Passport, Garda ID etc)
    h. Small Padlock x2
    i. Clothes Hanger x4

6. Recruits should NOT be in possession of the following:
    a. Stereo/Speaker System
    b. Computer Gaming Devices
    c. Laptops
    d. Electronic Entertainment Devices
    e. Any Camouflage/Combat Boots/Military Equipment acquired previously
    f. Any Training Supplements

Advertisement