Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

Anyone know when the people who get in actually start? I heard they're trying to get the recruits training started by December.. Anyone hear anything different?
    I think I read somewhere in the minister for defence report that it would be early next year.
    I don't see how it could be next month given that the interviews are only starting this week and then they have the medicals to do. I reckon it will be February.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

azure wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere in the minister for defence report that it would be early next year.
    I don't see how it could be next month given that the interviews are only starting this week and then they have the medicals to do. I reckon it will be February.

Yeah I suppose that makes more sense, I hate this whole waiting. I heard the Curragh took on recruits last month so I don't think anyone will be going to the Curragh anytime soon

Did some digging. They are planning to have us in by December..

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

Did some digging. They are planning to have us in by December..

Where did you get this information . ? I really doubt it would be before Christmas . I heard feb was the date from a few untill you mentioned December

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Brandon darcy

Anyone who sat the retest last week hear anything back yet about an interview ? I highly doubt anyone has yet, i'm just being a bit restless and impatient towards the competition. I also heard off one of the lads in Cathal Brugha who was over the fitness test that they would be taking people in there late January early Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

Did my retest last Tuesday, got an email today for my interview Tuesday 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Boscorelli

Chalkyw91 wrote: »
    Did my retest last Tuesday, got an email today for my interview Tuesday 24th

Did mine Tuesday also, haven't heard anything yet. Getting a bit worried now!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

Boscorelli wrote:
    Did mine Tuesday also, haven't heard anything yet. Getting a bit worried now!
    Don't be worrying, they send out these emails in batches. You'll get your email for an interview!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Betty14

Got mine to!! also done mine last Tuesday has any one ever done an interview before and what are they like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Brandon darcy

Betty14 wrote: »
    Got mine to!! also done mine last Tuesday has any one ever done an interview before and what are they like!!

Type in 'Defence forces interview' in google and the Sli Nua Website that comes up seems to have a solid outline of what you need to know going in.

Got my email there around half 1 for next wednesday 25th.

Best of luck anyone going for the interview.

• Advertisement

Type in 'Defence forces interview' in google and the Sli Nua Website that comes up seems to have a solid outline of what you need to know going in.

Got my email there around half 1 for next wednesday 25th.

Best of luck anyone going for the interview.
    As a candidate in this competition myself, the interview is the only stage where I would be reluctant to talk about. Remember we are all competing against each other and anyone that gives advice to someone they don't even know is reducing their own chances of getting in!

I sent them a email and they said that they will also be taking people from the panel. So there might be very few of us from this competition that get selected for the intake early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Panda General

lads about the interview it doesn't say anything about references? would anyone think we need any or whats the story? interview next Thursday :eek:

lads about the interview it doesn't say anything about references? would anyone think we need any or whats the story? interview next Thursday :eek:
    No, You won't need references. But beyond the interview stage I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Panda General

No, You won't need references. But beyond the interview stage I don't know.

ok sound best of luck lads

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

Hell, Would anyone have an estimate of how long after the interview we'll be contacted in relation to a pass/fail? I have mine on the 25th hopefully it goes to plan! Any ideas of a date for the medical in i would imagine early December? Thank you.

Tufty_1 wrote: »
    Hell, Would anyone have an estimate of how long after the interview we'll be contacted in relation to a pass/fail? I have mine on the 25th hopefully it goes to plan! Any ideas of a date for the medical in i would imagine early December? Thank you.

Did my interview there and they said it could be 3-4 weeks . Even more . Till we will find out now we did . I'd say medical would be mid December

Did my interview there and they said it could be 3-4 weeks . Even more . Till we will find out now we did . I'd say medical would be mid December
    Did they say when the first batch of recruits are starting or how many they are taking?

Did they say when the first batch of recruits are starting or how many they are taking?

I didn't ask that now . But I heard from many others there are four bridages. Not sure when the first batch is either but I'm guessing feb .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Is it two officers and a sergeant on the interview board? Any ideas on the numbers called into interview?

• Advertisement

Where did you get this information . ? I really doubt it would be before Christmas . I heard feb was the date from a few untill you mentioned December

Was in an Irish independent article from August, with a quote from minister of defense stating he wants the training to begin by December

Can someone tell me where connolly barracks in the Curragh is?

There should be signs up like there was for the fitness test

There should be signs up like there was for the fitness test

Cheers ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Can someone tell me where connolly barracks in the Curragh is?

The Bks in the camp (DFTC) are side by side with no walls/fences separating them (excepting the Det Bks and the ARW Bks) so you can walk from one to another without realising you've done so. When you get to the DFTC, ask at the MP Centre directly across from the Church for directions.

Is it two officers and a sergeant on the interview board? Any ideas on the numbers called into interview?

Two sergeant and the interviewer for me . No idea about numbers but it's going on for another two three weeks so prob alot

What do you mean by an interviewer? A civilian?

What do you mean by an interviewer? A civilian?

Just a general member of army . I'm not sure of his rank. Prob a private

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Just a general member of army . I'm not sure of his rank. Prob a private
    :eek:

Do you not think it would be worth familiarising yourself with the rank markings in case it might come up in the interview and so you know who you're talking to...?

http://www.military.ie/en/press-office/multimedia-hub/downloads/rank-markings/

• Advertisement

Highly doubt the interviewer was a private, more than likely a lieutenant or captain

Advertisement