Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

madscone wrote: »
    just got 9 months half price, was on the 6month half price deal which was up this month so worked out pretty well. 12 month contract, even upgraded the phone to include mobile calls in the Rep too. bout 20 mins on hold tho, no managers asked or that, she offered 6 months half price, i said no sky are doing it for 49 she then offered 9 months. As straight a phone call as i've ever had with em!

If you don't mind me asking - what are you on and how much did you get it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

tried chat twice today-first go no deal at all,second go when saying ill cancel got number 1908 free tool,from there transferred to cancellation department,and basically told not interested in any tv,phone deals and just wanted 360+ router,tried several tactics,but got 4months 30e 8months 60
    with 360mb and new router.not much of a deal but doing maths 600e if staying on same plan or 360+router=600e for 12months.

Only thing the support is really bad at english dont know should i feel sorry for people working there,or those that lost jobs here-as had to confirm everything 3-4 times,also asked for email confirmation,on all the details.

if all goes correct should be on 360 and new router by mid next week.See others got better deals,but since have dish and online streaming not really interested,just happy to get upgrade.since atm besides upc/vm theres slim chances to get any other company who will offer faster speeds at such price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 headonyou

I wanted the 360 mb broadband so after a few frustrating calls I settled on a package for broadband, phone and basic tv package half price for 6 months at 37.50 euro and 75 euro the following 6 months.

I was paying 90 euro for 240 broadband and a better tv package that I didn't use so I was happy with the deal.

The broadband does seem a big improvement, speed test on ethernet earlier came in at 370 mb getting 130 mb on wireless on my phone whereas previously I never got higher than 40 mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭madscone

If you don't mind me asking - what are you on and how much did you get it for?

€80 240mb bb, max TV and anytime-mobile phone package, she added the €5 so 42.50 now for the new contract

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

How are people being notified of price increases? I received this months bill only today, almost a week later than normal but no notification of this rounds price increase.
    I have received the sky leaflet through the door, so I know how much I would save if I changed provider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

How are people being notified of price increases? I received this months bill only today, almost a week later than normal but no notification of this rounds price increase.
    I have received the sky leaflet through the door, so I know how much I would save if I changed provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Email. It all depends I suppose how you registered with them. When is your contract up? If I'd of went with Sky it was 588 for year. Staying with VM will cost me 637. That's better than 1020 euro for a year if I'd have not spent 15mins onto loyalty department.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

I guess UPC gave lot many cheap bundles last t year just to jack up the numbers before they sold the company to Virgin media. and now they arnt profitable.
    5 eur increase doesnt make sense to me . seems they are prepared that some customers would go.
    anyone knows any good plans apart from sky , pls share.. and how to get them as all offers are not publicised.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

I guess UPC gave lot many cheap bundles last t year just to jack up the numbers before they sold the company to Virgin media. and now they arnt profitable.
    5 eur increase doesnt make sense to me . seems they are prepared that some customers would go.
    anyone knows any good plans apart from sky , pls share.. and how to get them as all offers are not publicised.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

I got the 50% off for 9 months. Took about 15 minutes call. Saved 360e for the year. Cheers guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Are people also getting half price deals on the sports channels? I'm paying E70 alone for BT and Sky sports, would like to reduce this as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I got the email notification today. I was supposed to be on half price for the term of the contract but last week it jumped to 80 euro. They claim I was on a six month deal and the office is now closed and recordings are gone. Gonna give them what for on Monday. Perfect timing that email. Cut it or I walk

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

headonyou wrote: »
    I wanted the 360 mb broadband so after a few frustrating calls I settled on a package for broadband, phone and basic tv package half price for 6 months at 37.50 euro and 75 euro the following 6 months.

I was paying 90 euro for 240 broadband and a better tv package that I didn't use so I was happy with the deal.

The broadband does seem a big improvement, speed test on ethernet earlier came in at 370 mb getting 130 mb on wireless on my phone whereas previously I never got higher than 40 mb.

Can I ask the specifics of your deal? I was on for 40 mins earlier and was basically given the package I was on for an extra 5 - bringing it to 75. I have basic digital TV, 120mb broadband and 300 mins mobile and 300 landline.

Is your broadband unlimited? They said I could upgrade to 240mb but I'd have a 30gb limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 headonyou

Prunty wrote:
    Can I ask the specifics of your deal? I was on for 40 mins earlier and was basically given the package I was on for an extra 5 - bringing it to 75. I have basic digital TV, 120mb broadband and 300 mins mobile and 300 landline.

Deal is unlimited 360 mb broadband, mobile world which I think is unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles (though I get little use of this) and horizon play tv which includes only the basic 20 odd digital channels.

Like many others I was offered 6 months half price on the previous deal I was on, then 5 euro or 10 off a new deal with 360 mb broadband before finally settling on the deal agreed.

I was genuine in my threat to leave though because I think Sky tv is a better option and even the novelty of a few features on the new Vodafone tv sounded appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

shardylan wrote:
    Can anyone tell me if I can cancel while still in contract ? Can I say I never agreed to virgin take over or when they try tack on an extra €5 ? Having issues paying online and they are trying to blame bank .Its really annoying now

There was no takeover of anything it's still owned by the same company (Liberty Global). UPC was rebranded to Virgin Media same as Eircom rebranded to Eir same as ESB rebranded to Electric Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Hi guys,

Anyone with 120mb BB and basic phone paying less than 35 Euros a month (420 Euros a year) ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Amouar wrote:
    Anyone with 120mb BB and basic phone paying less than 35 Euros a month (420 Euros a year) ?

yes 25 eur pm going to 30 for last 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

tharmor wrote: »
    yes 25 eur pm going to 30 for last 6 months

Did you just get this deal after the increase?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Amouar wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have 120mb, phone bundle and digital value tv. €63.50 per month.
    Going up to €68.50 in March.

I emailed about cancelling and was offered 240mb with same phone and tv for same price of €68.50.

I suspect I will be offered more when I phone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Rang this morning.

240mbs, Mobile World, and Max HDTV @ €85 previously.
    First offered 15 off for 6 months, laughed to myself, and respectively declined.
    Took the 2nd offer of 6 months half price, 6 months full whack, inclusive of the price increase. 245 saving, including the price hike. Not a bad days work. 12 months contract as well. Wondering what I would've gotten with the 3rd offer now..... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Currently on 120Mbit + phone (never use)

Paying 40pcm for this and mine is going up to 45pcm for the same service in March.

I rang today, sound guy:

1st offer was 12 month contract for the same package with the pricing

6 months @ 22.50 pcm
    6 months @ 45 pcm

I tried a counter offer of 240mbit package for the same money he offered but that was rejected after asking for his supervisor twice. He said they would make a note on my account that I rejected his original offer.

I explained that even though his offer was OK that I was getting half the product speed for nearly the same money that a new or existing customer getting the public offer from their website of 4 months @ 30 pcm and 8 months @ 50 pcm would be receiving and didn't feel valued. Also mentioned Sky and Pure Telecom offers.

I will try again before the increase kicks in. Others are getting a better deal so I will to. I demand satisfaction!

Thoroughly nice guy but he stuck to his guns even though he seemed to make an effort on my behalf.

edit: I would be almost 100% that Virgin Media employees are reading this thread with great interest. Offer me a better deal yo!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Whats the number guys, Thanks.

Amouar wrote:
    Did you just get this deal after the increase?

No last year.....not sure i will get anything better than this even if i call...

jwcurtin wrote:
    Rang this morning.

which number ?? thry are off on saturday i think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Sky are doing 49 per month for TV and Internet. Bill will be going up to €45 p/m for 120mb internet. Already cancelled TV and let them know for an extra €4 i can get TV and Internet from Sky. Offered €10 off for 6 months. Absolutely pathetic! Loyalty agent had no problem telling me to go ahead and cancel as €10 off for 6 months was the max. His english was also shocking. Had to repeat everything at least twice and very slowly!

Crap offer and terrible customer service. At the very least they should have agents with perfect english. Will go ahead and cancel the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

digiman wrote: »
    Are people also getting half price deals on the sports channels? I'm paying E70 alone for BT and Sky sports, would like to reduce this as well!

Sorry man, I'm on the 240meg pack. No sports channels. Worth a call to see what they'll give.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

gmisk wrote: »
    I was on 24.99 per month for another 7 months....then 85 euro per months for another 6 months (120mb normal tv package).
    Rang after I got increase email, on phone for about 35 minutes polite but firm, and made it clear I would be leaving.

Now on 15 euro! for next 6 months then the following 6 months 30 euro per month, and thats the end of contract, delighted!

I wish you luck. I am now five months on after being offered a similar discount which never materialised. Five months of incorrect bills and the offer was not honoured. Only managed to get it for one month.

I was already on a discounted rate when I called to cancel. Quoted the competing Eircom offer at the time. Pushed it and eventually got a very good discount. It was applied the first month. Next bill jumped up. I was told that a discount could not be applied to an already discounted price and they increased my base package price by €20 and then applied the discount. As a result I was then paying the same amount over 12 months as I was already paying for a sub standard 120 Mb TV and phone pack except now locked into a 12 month contract. That is, paying the same as a full Horizon package without Horizon. Couldn't get around them. In the end I upgraded to a Horizon box, 240 Mb, better TV pack and phone for €40 for 4 months and two months free. Every bill to date has been wrong. No doubt this months will be as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Sarn wrote: »
    I wish you luck. I am now five months on after being offered a similar discount which never materialised. Five months of incorrect bills and the offer was not honoured. Only managed to get it for one month.

I was already on a discounted rate when I called to cancel. Quoted the competing Eircom offer at the time. Pushed it and eventually got a very good discount. It was applied the first month. Next bill jumped up. I was told that a discount could not be applied to an already discounted price and they increased my base package price by €20 and then applied the discount. As a result I was then paying the same amount over 12 months as I was already paying for a sub standard 120 Mb TV and phone pack except now locked into a 12 month contract. That is, paying the same as a full Horizon package without Horizon. Couldn't get around them. In the end I upgraded to a Horizon box, 240 Mb, better TV pack and phone for €40 for 4 months and two months free. Every bill to date has been wrong. No doubt this months will be as well.

That's shocking. Did you try and message one of the reps in talk to forum about your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

asharkman wrote: »
    Sorry man, I'm on the 240meg pack. No sports channels. Worth a call to see what they'll give.

Got 20% off the Sky Sports for 12 months and also got half price for 9 months. Also got the 360Mb upgrade too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Has any new customers gottten a good deal from them for broadband only?

Advertisement