Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I think he is joking

Say it out loud

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    They are rumoured to be releasing a €19.16 Horizon deal.

care to tell us what this is?

too mant ppl harping on this page telling us the got xx half price. the simple fact is upc now offer 9 mths half price on a 12 mth contract.

once ou disconect/cancel your sky contract sky offer 9 months half price half price on a non contract basis

the difference is that with upc there isnt line rental but with sky they give sky sports half price (upc only give 20% off)

im tired of listening to ppl saying on this thread they got 3/6 mths half price - this isnt a bargain - wise up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Tv and Bb. Ask for the €19.16 Horizon deal.

That would be a Revolution especially for Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

What is the earliest anyone has renegotiated within contract?
    This year I did the new deal with just over a month to go.

Next year, I would like to make the call as soon as possible.

dubrov wrote: »
    What is the earliest anyone has renegotiated within contract?
    This year I did the new deal with just over a month to go.

Next year, I would like to make the call as soon as possible.

Well I'd imagine you would have to be in a position to cancel so 30 days from expiry unless I'm mistaken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

Cyrus wrote:
    Well I'd imagine you would have to be in a position to cancel so 30 days from expiry unless I'm mistaken

Well i had about 40 days left on my contract when i rang. The new 12 month deal started from the day i rang so they are definitely doing deals while still in contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

About 40 days left in my contract now. Feeling excited. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Can anybody help me find out when my Virgin contract expires? Haven't changed my current bundle in over 3 years so would I be on a rolling 30 day contract? Tried looking in my virgin account through their website but can't the date at all. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

AH92 wrote: »
    Can anybody help me find out when my Virgin contract expires? Haven't changed my current bundle in over 3 years so would I be on a rolling 30 day contract? Tried looking in my virgin account through their website but can't the date at all. Thanks

Just ring them and ask. Or ask one of the Rep's on the VM forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

mad m wrote: »
    Just ring them and ask. Or ask one of the Rep's on the VM forum.
    Cheers will give them a buzz tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 hysenberg

Can the sales team be haggled if I'm setting up a new contract for the first time? Just looking for bb?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fmichelle_4cn

anyone get 9 months discount recently? I contacted them today and they can only offer me 6 month discount

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

hysenberg wrote: »
    Can the sales team be haggled if I'm setting up a new contract for the first time? Just looking for bb?

No reason not to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bawnBeag

Just rang there. Initially I was offered €5 off, then €15, then €40 for the first 4 months. I stuck it out and quoting the deal Eir have for €39p/m for 6months with €100 cashback. Eventually got half price for 6months on a 12 month contract, no change to current package (Horizon Max) - Happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 30 comuirch

Yes, just this weekend I got 9 months half price, 3 months full price deal and an upgrade to 240MB from 120MB (this is for Broadband & Phone only)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Having got half price for 9 months last week, just got an email saying my price is going up by a fiver a month in March. Not sure how exactly they will reply to my call now

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Having got half price for 9 months last week, just got an email saying my price is going up by a fiver a month in March. Not sure how exactly they will reply to my call now

What package are you on and what's the breakdown of the price increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Iam out of contract Feb 13th (have phone TV and broadband) and all they offering me is 4months half price and 8 months full price with a 5 euro increase for good measure. Work out paying an extra 120euro for same package as last year though broadband going from 120 to 240mb. looking at alternatives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Just found this thread, already out of contract with them,
    I have no recollection of being offered a cancellation or even that I should accept virgin media as my supplier as I had a contract with UPC, I might call up to cancel now myself as I seem to be paying well over the odds for braodband and a phone which I hardly use (although its convenient for the odd use, with other mobile/online options, its not essential).
    This means Im more or less paying 50 a month for broadband, I really should have looked into this before now. As others here seem to be getting way more (tv included) for less than Im paying for broadband and what essential was a free phone service but which has creeped up over time in cost.

Whos a good alternative broadband provider to UPC/Virgin?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Joo0 wrote:
    What package are you on and what's the breakdown of the price increase?

120mb broadband only. Email simply says going up by €5 per month from March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Can anyone tell me if I can cancel while still in contract ? Can I say I never agreed to virgin take over or when they try tack on an extra €5 ?
    Having issues paying online and they are trying to blame bank .Its really annoying now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

shardylan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I can cancel while still in contract ? Can I say I never agreed to virgin take over or when they try tack on an extra €5 ?
    Having issues paying online and they are trying to blame bank .Its really annoying now

Im not sure what grounds you would be able to - maybe somebody will clarify - but they do look for a €200 cancellation cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭corkmans1

comuirch wrote: »
    Yes, just this weekend I got 9 months half price, 3 months full price deal and an upgrade to 240MB from 120MB (this is for Broadband & Phone only)

And how much will it cost then, i am on 120mb and mine is 45 a month for next 12 months was 25 for first 6 months. so it was a 18 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

shardylan wrote: »
    Name change is noy grounds for cancellation but price increase is. They usually say in the email that you agree to these changes if you don't contact them in a certain amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Rang yesterday and got 9 months half price easily enough. Wa son the €80 package so a decent saving. Like other posters I just kept stating sky's deal of €49 for 12 months which is €588 for a year. He first offered €15 off for 4 months then four months half price and then 6 months half price. I then said that 9 months half price works out at €600 which is close enough to skys offer for me to stay. He checked with his supervisor and gave the go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Received an email today informing me of a 5Euro increase to my bill.

I will be on 35€ a month for 120mb and basic phone package. Anyone has a better offer than this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Received an email today informing me of a 5Euro increase to my bill.

I will be on 35€ a month for 120mb and basic phone package. Anyone has a better offer than this?

Rang yesterday and got 9 months half price easily enough. Wa son the €80 package so a decent saving. Like other posters I just kept stating sky's deal of €49 for 12 months which is €588 for a year. He first offered €15 off for 4 months then four months half price and then 6 months half price. I then said that 9 months half price works out at €600 which is close enough to skys offer for me to stay. He checked with his supervisor and gave the go ahead.

yeah almost carbon copy of my call

• Registered Users Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I was on 24.99 per month for another 7 months....then 85 euro per months for another 6 months (120mb normal tv package).
    Rang after I got increase email, on phone for about 35 minutes polite but firm, and made it clear I would be leaving.

Now on 15 euro! for next 6 months then the following 6 months 30 euro per month, and thats the end of contract, delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

On €88 Horizon Max, 240mb BB and phone (never use) for the past year at 6 mths half price and 6 months full price.
    Contacted them a few times over the last couple of weeks now as I'm about to enter my final month...they refuse to give me anything other than a downgrade with a new price of €70 per month. They keep mentioning that I got the half price offer last year.

Mentioned the 9 month offer that people are getting here and they didn't acknowledge it.

Don't know what I did to annoy them after 15 years straight as a customer but the cancellation email will be going to them first thing Monday

Advertisement