Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Tell them you can't give other peoples details, not should you have to, because they know that they are giving 9 months half price to customer and in the majority of cases its 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

just off the phone, no way would they give me 9 months... 6 months max. which is better than I was being offered which was nothing.
    I was on a previous discount so they kept stating this, and I stated I can now opt out and go with sky. I was initially onto Philippines and then got through to a nice fella from scotland who is based in limerick. Think I'm gong to go with sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Was offered the 6 months half price again. They said their offers vary from time to time blah blah 6 months was the best they can do - which is not true if what I have read here is correct.

Oh well I'll just keep on calling until they offer me the 9 months half price.

It's all about keeping contracts going. The majority of customers just take this price rise on the chin, why not keep us BA people happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Was offered the 6 months half price again. They said their offers vary from time to time blah blah 6 months was the best they can do - which is not true if what I have read here is correct.

It's all about keeping contracts going. The majority of customers just take this price rise on the chin, why not keep us BA people happy?

To get a "deal" they're very quick to push the better internet speed more channels angle so next year you can't get a 120mb BB as it won't exist it'll be 240/360 only with associated price hike.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Got bumped up to 240MB and half price (€25) for next 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I'm on 240mb and free landline. Just rang them to say I'm going with Sky as their price is too high.
    He said go ahead and email the cancellation department 😮
    He had no interest in hearing of the deal Sky were offering.
    I'll ring again tomorrow and try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I'm current in the middle of a 12 month contract - 6 months have just gone by where been paying half price (€35 for horizon TV and 240mb internet). I'm pretty sure this is due to go up to €70 starting with the next bill (well €90 actually as I have BT for €20 per month too)

With the extra €5 they have emailed about am I in a position to call up and look to renegotiate? Or will the fact I've been paying half price for the last 6 months count me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I'm current in the middle of a 12 month contract - 6 months have just gone by where been paying half price (€35 for horizon TV and 240mb internet). I'm pretty sure this is due to go up to €70 starting with the next bill (well €90 actually as I have BT for €20 per month too)

With the extra €5 they have emailed about am I in a position to call up and look to renegotiate? Or will the fact I've been paying half price for the last 6 months count me out?

I think if you read email, they are making changes to your contract and you can cancel so you may have a bit of leverage

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

You need to state "Why are my neighbours being offered 9 months free? Do you not value me as a customer? etc...."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Just got the 9 month deal! 4th time lucky! I rang the loyalty dept and got a chap called Andre whose English was not the best so I wasn't expecting much! Last 3 phonecalls only gave me a 6 month half price offer so was determined to keep on plugging away until I got it! 240mb and mobile calls for 22.50 for 9 months. Well chuffed! ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

ok so i am on 12 month promotional price contract(paying 25 for 80 eur bundle)and i am told my price increase is on bundle but i will pay the same amount of the promotional price....worth noting to people who have some time left in contract and renegotiate when its expiring...mine is due in July so i would relax till then....

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

First call last week offered 4 months half price. Phoned loyalty dept this evening offered 6 months said I was a long term customer always paid bill on time, sky €49 deal, €5 increase unacceptable. Put on hold and came back with 9 month half price offer Horizon Max broadband 240 and phone. Was on the six month deal last year and 9 month the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Just got the 9 month deal! 4th time lucky! I rang the loyalty dept and got a chap called Andre whose English was not the best so I wasn't expecting much! Last 3 phonecalls only gave me a 6 month half price offer so was determined to keep on plugging away until I got it! 240mb and mobile calls for 22.50 for 9 months. Well chuffed! ðŸ˜

Are you sure it's mobile calls and 240mb? Because half price of that pack os 27.5 Euros and not 22.50 ?

Can you please double check for us if you'll be paying 22.5 and not 27.5?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

ROVER wrote: »
    First call last week offered 4 months half price. Phoned loyalty dept this evening offered 6 months said I was a long term customer always paid bill on time, sky €49 deal, €5 increase unacceptable. Put on hold and came back with 9 month half price offer Horizon Max broadband 240 and phone. Was on the six month deal last year and 9 month the year before.

Ya just given me the "kick in the ass" to ring em again, same deal as above but only offered me 4 months at half price so a "phoning I must go"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

So the best i can get for broadband and phone is

€22.50 for 9months on a 12 month contract

240mb Broadband and phone with free landline calls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

Larcoon wrote: »

I'd quite happily take that if offered. Must give them a buzz tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Phoned them to ask if the loyalty deal I got three days before price hike would be subject to 5 euro increase

They confirmed that it would not increase, contrary to email

Very nice to deal with unlike previous years when they seemed to employ a bunch of barrow boys in the loyalty dept

Larcoon wrote: »

How much will you pay after the 9 months? 45 Euros a month or 50 ?

Amouar wrote: »
    Are you sure it's mobile calls and 240mb? Because half price of that pack os 27.5 Euros and not 22.50 ?

Can you please double check for us if you'll be paying 22.5 and not 27.5?

Thanks!

€22.50. It's half the €45 I'm paying now.

€22.50. It's half the €45 I'm paying now.

So you'll be paying 22.5 for 9 months and 45 for 3 months? Do you have the mobile word package or only allowed to call landlines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

So glad i came across this thread..i love you guys :)

Just got off the phone...

got €400 knocked off my bill for the current 12month contract :D

Was €80pm x 12 = €960

Now.. ...10 month @ half price = €40x10 = €400
    2 month @ full =€80x2 = €160

mentioned others getting 9months half price and it took a whole 30secs for the girl on the phone to ask her supervisor and get approval.

Amouar wrote: »
    So you'll be paying 22.5 for 9 months and 45 for 3 months? Do you have the mobile word package or only allowed to call landlines?

Mobiles included :)

Mobiles included :)

Just got off the phone now, They told me that all those on 45 Euros will get a 5 Euros increase on March, even if you just got the deal.

I asked Him if He was sure and He said 100% sure.

Can you call them back and confirm that you'll not going to be hit with a 5euros increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Is it the manilla loyalty team offering these 9 month half price deals. Had my second call with them and they refused to budge again this time telling me they could not match sky's offer so i should cancel. Loyalty agent said only offers on the website were available and he argued that it was not true that people were being offered half price for 9 months. He said maybe the irish team were doing this but his team were not

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Hi folks,

I am yet to receive my price hike mail from them.

Late last year I went with their mobile phone service and therefore entered into another contract and wondering is this why I haven't had a email yet.

Has anyone else got an email from them that recently went with their mobile offer ?

my email wasn't in my normal email inbox but promotions or something I never look at.
    rang them earlier and they said my bill was going to stay at 79.99 normal price.
    Just coming to the end of a 1/2 price 6 months so he wouldnt do anything for me.
    Said they sen the email to every one even if your price want going up

my email wasn't in my normal email inbox but promotions or something I never look at.
    rang them earlier and they said my bill was going to stay at 79.99 normal price.
    Just coming to the end of a 1/2 price 6 months so he wouldnt do anything for me.
    Said they sen the email to every one even if your price want going up

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

zarquon wrote: »
    Is it the manilla loyalty team offering these 9 month half price deals. Had my second call with them and they refused to budge again this time telling me they could not match sky's offer so i should cancel. Loyalty agent said only offers on the website were available and he argued that it was not true that people were being offered half price for 9 months. He said maybe the irish team were doing this but his team were not

I had very same conversation, was told that because I am only on 2 services, the most that I could be offered was 6 months half price. The nine month offer cant physically be applied to a 2 services customer. This was from the loyalty team. Oh and they also told me that the previous offer I had from CS last week of a new compal modem on my existing 240mb would not now be offered as that modem only supports the new 360mb package, which is crap to be honest. Needless to say, I turned down that offer also, so its back to CS i go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

zarquon wrote: »

Yeah it was the Manila crew who offered it to me first, they're paid to lie to you man.
    Just got off the phone now, They told me that all those on 45 Euros will get a 5 Euros increase on March, even if you just got the deal.

I asked Him if He was sure and He said 100% sure.

Can you call them back and confirm that you'll not going to be hit with a 5euros increase?

The girl (Manila again most likely) volunteered off her own bat that I wouldn't be getting the hike. I hadn't even heard about this euro hike. So, I'll believe it when I see it on the bill, but it would be a little weird of them to even raise the issue if they were planning on turning around and sticking it to me. Anything is possible with this crowd though

• Advertisement

Yeah it was the Manila crew who offered it to me first, they're paid to lie to you man.

The girl (Manila again most likely) volunteered off her own bat that I wouldn't be getting the hike. I hadn't even heard about this euro hike. So, I'll believe it when I see it on the bill, but it would be a little weird of them to even raise the issue if they were planning on turning around and sticking it to me. Anything is possible with this crowd though

How Much are you paying and what is your current package?

Advertisement