Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Pat Kenny lined up for a special interview with Leo Varadkar at 9 tonight. Surprising that VM don't use Pat Kenny much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

iseegirls wrote: »
    Pat Kenny lined up for a special interview with Leo Varadkar at 9 tonight. Surprising that VM don't use Pat Kenny much at all.

Pay per use maybe?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭mike2084

Not sure if anyone spotted this today but today's racing On Virgin Media 2 was a straight re-broadcast of Racing TV, not the usual ITV which was on on ITV4 as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

when was it organised? Rushed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

mike2084 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone spotted this today but today's racing On Virgin Media 2 was a straight re-broadcast of Racing TV, not the usual ITV which was on on ITV4 as normal.

Same now , it's a direct simulcast of Racing TV , even though same racing is on ITV/UTV . I thought TV3 had a 10 year deal with ITV for first pick of everything?

• Advertisement

galtee boy wrote: »
    Same now , it's a direct simulcast of Racing TV , even though same racing is on ITV/UTV . I thought TV3 had a 10 year deal with ITV for first pick of everything?

For Racing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Elmo wrote: »
    For Racing ?

Can't be certain it includes Horse Racing, but for the last year or more, all TV3 racing coverage came via ITV, this is first time they are simulcasting Racing TV.

Can't be certain it includes Horse Racing, but for the last year or more, all TV3 racing coverage came via ITV, this is first time they are simulcasting Racing TV.

I think the ITV racing deal was separate to the 10 year deal for ITV studios first refusal deal when the took over UTV Ireland.

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Do they not have full series rights to Heartbeat? You never see the earlier series. At least they would be something different

They've shown from Series 11 upwards on VM2 and VM3 over the past 2 years. Even when TV3 started broadcasting Heartbeat as part of their Granada TV deal in 2000 - they started showing Series 10+. They did show Series 1-4 as part of a Classic Heartbeat runs that ran some weekday mornings at around 11:30am from 2002-2004.

Anyone know if Ireland AM is going back to 7am soon?

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Ireland AM is going back to 7am soon?

I've been following digiguide/tvguide.co.uk over the past few days - and the schedule for Virgin Media One keeps changing on a near daily basis.

They had Ireland AM starting at 8am this week for a while, and in the TV guides. Then Friday they had it starting at 7am for this week. Then Sunday, it was back to 8am.

Same for News @ 5.30. Changes going on randomly the past few days - currently according to online - it's an hour tonight, and then back to half an hour from Tue-Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,096 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Are the ratings for Ireland AM from 7 to 8am terrible?

Are the ratings for Ireland AM from 7 to 8am terrible?

I assume they lost viewers at 7am due to people not having to get up as early for their commute. I've only ever seen one figure for Ireland AM and that is a 25% share of the audience with 50,000 viewers on average across 3 hours. and that's from way back.

Probably also tough to fill 3 hours when no guests can come into the studio. There's a lot of filler on those shows like fashion, cookery, gadgets, fitness etc.. that don't work as well over skype/zoom.

I think Simon Delaney has been doing most of the cooking every weekend for the last few months.

Probably also tough to fill 3 hours when no guests can come into the studio. There's a lot of filler on those shows like fashion, cookery, gadgets, fitness etc.. that don't work as well over skype/zoom.

I think Simon Delaney has been doing most of the cooking every weekend for the last few months.

You could take a look back at some cookery from over the years on the show.

Fashion and Gadgets not so much.

Do they do fitness?

You could take a look back at some cookery from over the years on the show.

Fashion and Gadgets not so much.

Do they do fitness?

Unsure, I don't really get a chance to watch that much of it.

Yeah true that they could go through the archive to gather some cookery segments. Although there's only so much nostalgia/reruns that we can take.

Choosing 8-10am over 7-9am must indicate that 9-10am is better ratings wise than the 7-8 hour - or has been said - probably not a lot of people up at that time during the lockdown. For their weekend versions - they chose 9am-11am, instead of 10am-12midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I can't see ITV being able to repeat a full series of Love Island considering the circumstances surrounding the death of its host.

ITV 2 are showing the 1st series of the Australian version from next Monday.

VMT appear to have jumped them however, they're airing it from Thursday @ 10 on VM3.
    the other LI still on @ 9 on vm2

batistuta9 wrote: »

VMT appear to have jumped them however, they're airing it from Thursday @ 10 on VM3.

Strange from VMT as LI isn't breaking their top 20 shows for VM2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Strange from VMT as LI isn't breaking their top 20 shows for VM2.

maybe just a reaction to itv showing it and like someone said earlier easy/lazy scheduling. pretty sure they showed it before so would've numbers for it.

i read itv also aired it before on BE but it didn't do well

batistuta9 wrote: »

Yep, 3e/VM2 already showed Series 1 of Love Island Aus in 2018, and Series 2 in 2019.

They have the crazy/lazy scenario where in the current schedules with the following:
    VM3: Sat/Sun: Love Island USA 6pm
    VM3: Sat-Fri: Love Island Australia 10pm
    VM2: Sat-Fri: Love Island UK 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

When are these people at Virgin Media going to get the finger out and sort out their HD transmissions. They are available on 4 platforms but only offer the HD version on two of these, their own platform & Sky. Why can't they sort their issues out with Saorview & Eir (the old Vision variant). No +1 on Saorview & +1 on Eir Vision is patchy to say the least - colour vertical bars more often than not. The well paid suits should have revolved these issues ages ago.
    It's pathetic to have to go to UK channels for decent picture quality no matter what the programme content may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Agree, but VM don't care. You can still see some ads, right? Job done as far as they are concerned.

The Saorview platform is what it is, don't expect anything to change on that because broadcasters, RTNL, the dept., the minister etc. are simply not aligned. The viewer experience is not a focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

When are these people at Virgin Media going to get the finger out and sort out their HD transmissions. They are available on 4 platforms but only offer the HD version on two of these, their own platform & Sky. Why can't they sort their issues out with Saorview & Eir (the old Vision variant). No +1 on Saorview & +1 on Eir Vision is patchy to say the least - colour vertical bars more often than not. The well paid suits should have revolved these issues ages ago.
    It's pathetic to have to go to UK channels for decent picture quality no matter what the programme content may be.

VM Three is SD only on Sky. So their own platform is the only place to get all their channels in HD

VM Three is SD only on Sky. So their own platform is the only place to get all their channels in HD

I assume that 3e HD took UTV Ireland HD place on the Sky platform?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Not directly - there was a gap, I can’t remember how long though.

icdg wrote: »
    Not directly - there was a gap, I can’t remember how long though.

Seems to be a legacy of UTV Ireland HD on Sky that has VMT TWO in HD with Sky, with VMT THREE taking the place of "3e SD" status.

3e HD came in around the time of UTV Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

I assume that 3e HD took UTV Ireland HD place on the Sky platform?

Yeah, when UTV Ireland SD/HD rebranded to be3, the TV3 Group made 3e available in HD on Sky with be3 being SD only

seems to be from ITV today?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭mike2084

seems to be from ITV today?

Yes Virgin tweeted last week that they were only taking two days of the Guineas meeting from RTV, they went back to ITV on the Sunday. Don't know why they had to change for two days, but it probably had to end before Irish racing resumed on RTV or that would have caused issues with RTE who have terrestrial rights for Irish racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

A historic day in Irish Politics and what coverage was given? - that's right -sod all.

Advertisement