Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Posts re VM Sport/eir dispute moved to the relevant thread, please continue any discussion of that topic here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058007034

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

The non HD version of the VM channels doesn't even feel like SD. If the picture quality was any worse it would be unwatchable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Looks like Ireland AM is returning to its 3 hour show from Tuesday 1st September - 7:00-10:00am

No sign of their Autumn schedule yet (RTE is next Wednesday). One show maybe in the works is Livin' Dinin' With Lucy
    https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/livin-with-lucy-to-get-covid-makeover-and-shane-top-of-her-list-for-new-series-39454893.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    Looks like Ireland AM is returning to its 3 hour show from Tuesday 1st September - 7:00-10:00am

No sign of their Autumn schedule yet (RTE is next Wednesday). One show maybe in the works is Livin' Dinin' With Lucy
    https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/livin-with-lucy-to-get-covid-makeover-and-shane-top-of-her-list-for-new-series-39454893.html

RTÉ includes Radio now, and I suspect they announce more Radio than TV.

will be interesting to see if Virgin Media take WWTBAM after someone won the Million jackpot

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0821/1160451-who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire-contestant-scoops-jackpot/

• Advertisement

It's done really well for them on Sat and Sun with the repeats. I can't see them not showing it, but they're still a series behind which baffles me.

iseegirls wrote: »
    It's done really well for them on Sat and Sun with the repeats. I can't see them not showing it, but they're still a series behind which baffles me.

What series are they on?

Elmo wrote: »
    What series are they on?

They've shown Series 31 seven times, Series 32 four times and Series 33 four times. S33's run ended on Sunday for them, with CL final this Sunday.

S34 started on ITV on Christmas night, and there have been 10 episodes in total. VM have shown none from this series.
    S35 looks to be starting in September on ITV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭thesultan

Ciara Doherty moving to the Tonight Show. A big loss to the Ireland Am couch..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

thesultan wrote: »
    Ciara Doherty moving to the Tonight Show. A big loss to the Ireland Am couch..

Is that a joke? She's awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭thesultan

Is that a joke? She's awful.

No. I think she's good

thesultan wrote: »
    No. I think she's good

Replaced by tommy Bowe

This news article has the best list of new shows for Autumn 2020:
    https://www.thesun.ie/tv/5835205/whats-new-virgin-media-autumn-show-favourites-return/

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

It is hard to say that the schedule looks better than RTE's Autumn one

It is hard to say that the schedule looks better than RTE's Autumn one

Both are ho-hum

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Both still very poor apart from sport, I can see why most people don't watch them anymore. Virgin media could do better but don't even try. They should change one of there channels into an E4 like channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Does this mean we are going to lose weekend news again
    “Virgin Media News will continue to bring viewers the most up- to-date news and current affairs every week day“

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Does this mean we are going to lose weekend news again
    “Virgin Media News will continue to bring viewers the most up- to-date news and current affairs every week day“

I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I wonder how Tommy Bowe will cope with the energy of presenting the Pro 14 matches on Eir alongside his new presenting role on Ireland AM.

I don’t think the energy will be an issue although I’d imagine he possibly won’t do Ireland AM on a Friday of a match? I’m more thinking of the optics of eir Sport’s main rugby presenter joining VM TV in the middle of a massive dispute between the two. Perhaps it’s not an issue for either side.

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    I don’t think the energy will be an issue although I’d imagine he possibly won’t do Ireland AM on a Friday of a match? I’m more thinking of the optics of eir Sport’s main rugby presenter joining VM TV in the middle of a massive dispute between the two. Perhaps it’s not an issue for either side.

Has he left eir?

He was on last Saturday night at any rate. I’d imagine he’s freelance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

icdg wrote: »
    He was on last Saturday night at any rate. I’d imagine he’s freelance.

Pretty much everybody (on screen) at eir is a freelancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Finally Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Christmas Episode next Tuesday - total lack off respect for viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Wouldn't be surprised if some Irish viewers tune in expecting to see yer man win the million. Virgin might show that series next spring.

Quite a few UEFA Nations League games getting an airing on Virgin Two next weekend - Iceland V England on Sat 5pm of course, but also (all 7:45pm) Germany v Spain (Thurs, clashes with Bulgaria v Ireland which VM can’t show) Netherlands v Poland (Fri), Portugal v Croatia (Sat) Switzerland v Germany (Sun)

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Finally Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Christmas Episode next Tuesday - total lack off respect for viewers.

From the TV listings, look like they're skipping the Christmas episode, and will be going to episode 2 - featuring Frank Skinner.

Ep 1 (25th Dec 2019 on ITV) - being skipped on VM1
    Ep 2 (4th Jan 2020) - 1st Sep
    Ep 3 (5th Jan 2020) - 2nd Sep
    Ep 4 (12th Apr 2020) - 3rd Sep

Ep 5-10 (10th-15th May 2020) are non-celeb version and not scheduled yet on VM1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Are they skipping it because they want no mention of Christmas in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

lertsnim wrote: »
    Are they skipping it because they want no mention of Christmas in September?

Probably. They may wait and show it next Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Virgin guide in Virgin App has xmas show on tomorrow.

Advertisement