Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Played a bit of it. Thats just a bunch of bullsh*t. Some of it is tough but manageable, and they drop enough blood vials that you can keep going. But that river of blood with the spiders and snipers on the bridge can f*ck right off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It starts off a bit ganky but gets way more manageable. Stick with it as it has the three best boss fights in the entire game. Laurence isn't too bad but it frustrating to learn because he has OHKO bull**** in his favour. Thankfully he is optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ludwig was probably my favourite fight in the whole thing, that and Lady Maria cos I unexpectedly beat her first try.

Beat Ludwig earlier. Tough fight alright. His first phase felt harder than the second, just because that arm swing has such a wide arc and comes so fast. Only for Henriett distracting I'd have been royally fooked.

Considering farming to upgrade another weapon to +9 at least, but not sure which to go for; Ludwig Blade, Holy Midnight Blade or something else, maybe Whirlagig saw. I've read the HMB is pretty strong but I'd have to put my next 6 or so points into Arcane to be able to use it, and not sure if it's the kind of weapon you'd need much higher arcane skill to get the most benefit.

I loved those claws you could get early on, forget what they were called, it was a different play-style, get in close, swish, swish, hop out, hop in, swish swish

• Advertisement

Really not sure I can be arsed anymore. It's just not fun, and it's not even that it's more challenging, some of it is just bullsh*t. To me, there's almost no difference between Cleric Beast, Blood Starved Beast, Vicar Amelia, Darkbeast Paarl, Ludwig, Laurence, Ebrietas, Amygdala, The One Reborn, and probably a few others I'm forgetting. Big wide swipes, an AOE and a grab, with their only main differences being their elements (fire, lightning, poison etc). It's all just "dodge to their rear/side, attack, roll out". They're almost all completely interchangeable and kinda forgettable.

The Research Hall was nothing but a headache and the Living Failures was just an annoyance with a bullsh*t one-hit kill from the meteors. Lady Maria seems like it'll be a great fight and those are the types of fights/enemies I really look forward to, but I've had a look at Fighting Cowboy's walkthrough of the section after, and I just really can't be bothered. It's not even the challenge or the difficulty, it just feels designed to annoy and frustrate at times.

I've enjoyed the game for the most part, but after Lady Maria I think I'm just going to go back to the main game and finish it off.

the DLC was great but I get what you are saying, it amped up the annoying stuff that happens, it is more difficult which can be a chore. the fishing village, like really?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the DLC was great but I get what you are saying, it amped up the annoying stuff that happens, it is more difficult which can be a chore. the fishing village, like really?

The Research Hall was just a pain in the hole from start to finish. No idea where to go or what to do, rooms of enemies just to fill up space, confusing layout not helped by changing the layout halfway through, traps in the floor because f*ck you that's why, enemies were just more annoying than challenging but then also they just f*ck a hunter into the middle too who stole 80k+ echoes because I dodged in behind some unmoveable furniture and got stuck (but then died to something else on the way back so those echoes were just gone then).

Again, I don't mind the challenge of it, but it just makes me realise I'm really not bothered. There's too much f*ckery in the game to get through in order to get to the bits where the game really shines, and I'm not always sure if it's worth it.

And it's done. Lady Maria only took a few tries (and a lot of blood vials), Mergos Nurse was p*ss easy, and got Gerhman on the 2nd try.

Maria and Gehrman were great fights, particularly since they incorporate parries and visceral attacks much better, and the fact you're not just fighting a big monster makes it that much more intense and they can attack almost out of nowhere and dodge away themselves just as quick.

Enjoyed the game a lot, some great bosses, level design, weapons and sequences. But to be honest I don't think there's anything the game does that Sekiro doesn't do better. Even the different weapons you can use in BB are somewhat offset by the prosthetic arm in Sekiro. And no fight in Bloodborne comes close to Genichro, Owl, Guardian Ape or Sword Saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Penn wrote: »
    And it's done. Lady Maria only took a few tries (and a lot of blood vials), Mergos Nurse was p*ss easy, and got Gerhman on the 2nd try.

Maria and Gehrman were great fights, particularly since they incorporate parries and visceral attacks much better, and the fact you're not just fighting a big monster makes it that much more intense and they can attack almost out of nowhere and dodge away themselves just as quick.

Enjoyed the game a lot, some great bosses, level design, weapons and sequences. But to be honest I don't think there's anything the game does that Sekiro doesn't do better. Even the different weapons you can use in BB are somewhat offset by the prosthetic arm in Sekiro. And no fight in Bloodborne comes close to Genichro, Owl, Guardian Ape or Sword Saint.

Was Gerhman your last boss?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was Gerhman your last boss?

Yeah. I missed the chance to get two of the umbilical cord parts, so i only had two of them. I used them just before the fight anyway for the sake of it, but it didn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I am going back over all the Soulsborne games to platinum them (lockdown is long).

Anyway, I assume that I am just going to have to bite the bullet and play Bloodborne at 30FPS?

I have a PS5 but from reading online it doesn't look good for an official patch. Anyone hear any news that might make me wait a bit longer?

Dave0301 wrote: »
    I am going back over all the Soulsborne games to platinum them (lockdown is long).

Anyway, I assume that I am just going to have to bite the bullet and play Bloodborne at 30FPS?

I have a PS5 but from reading online it doesn't look good for an official patch. Anyone hear any news that might make me wait a bit longer?

30FPS and dodgy frame pacing.

I really hope it comes to PC at some stage because it's my favorite PS4 game and I really want to play it without the limitations.

30FPS and dodgy frame pacing.

I really hope it comes to PC at some stage because it's my favorite PS4 game and I really want to play it without the limitations.

Has there been a technical reason given why it hasn't been patched for the PS5?

I suppose they could be holding out to release a full remastered version á la Demon's Souls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Has there been a technical reason given why it hasn't been patched for the PS5?

If costs too much, no return on investment and can't be arsed are technical enough then yes.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If costs too much, no return on investment and can't be arsed are technical enough then yes.

Might crack on with Dark Souls 2 then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

What!? They havent patched it to work at 60fps yet? I thought it was all games pretty much are sorted for launch to work at 60fps??

Feckin cowboys..

nix wrote: »
    What!? They havent patched it to work at 60fps yet? I thought it was all games pretty much are sorted for launch to work at 60fps??

Feckin cowboys..

It's locked to 30FPS so can't automatically run at a higher frame rate like some other games who had unlocked frame rates.

Games that are locked usually need a patch to get them running and I doubt BB has the interest to warrant a patch with its age and perceived difficulty. Maybe they'll do something though for the PS5 if they do port to to PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Finally decided to give this a proper go after bouncing off it a few times. Throughly enjoying it.

I've explored central yarnham a good bit,got a few upgrades and finally found the first boss the other night. Gave him one go before bed and nearly feckin had him,today I'm on my 6th try and only got him close once.

Funny how that works!!

Having to farm a few blood vials in between runs is a tad tedious but not too bad,hopefully I'll get him soon:P

Omg,this whole time I didn't realise you can
    sprint
    ...ffs:P

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Finally decided to give this a proper go after bouncing off it a few times. Throughly enjoying it.

I've explored central yarnham a good bit,got a few upgrades and finally found the first boss the other night. Gave him one go before bed and nearly feckin had him,today I'm on my 6th try and only got him close once.

Funny how that works!!

Having to farm a few blood vials in between runs is a tad tedious but not too bad,hopefully I'll get him soon:P

Omg,this whole time I didn't realise you can
    sprint
    ...ffs:P

You've played other Souls games haven't you? Please tell me you didn't walk everywhere in those :pac:

Who was your first boss?

You've played other Souls games haven't you? Please tell me you didn't walk everywhere in those :pac:

Who was your first boss?

Never played the Souls game. This my first outing into the genre. Ye know it's weird,I didnt feel like I needed a sprint until I started taking on the boss,like having to ru to him each time.

First boss,Fr Gascoigne? Is he not the only first boss?:P

I thought I had totally explored the area

Never played the Souls game. This my first outing into the genre. Ye know it's weird,I didnt feel like I needed a sprint until I started taking on the boss,like having to ru to him each time.

Many people's first boss is Cleric Beast. He's at the end of the large bridge with the two werewolves on it.

Nope. Cleric Beast is the boss most people meet first. Did you go up into an old warehouse area and meet an NPC?

Penn wrote: »
    Many people's first boss is Cleric Beast. He's at the end of the large bridge with the two werewolves on it.

So he is:D

First go!! He seems quite a bit easier than gascoigne

Just noticed it gives you a lamp on the bridge then too,awesome!

What can ye do with insight?

What can ye do with insight?

Not a whole pile. The first insight point you get unlocks the Doll in the Hunters Dream, meaning you can start levelling up. You also use one insight each time you summon another player or npc to help you. You can spend insight points at the Hunters Dream with the Bath Messengers (the ones up at the top beside the workshop) to buy special items.

Outside of that, it changes small things in the world the more insight you have. You might see or hear some different things, enemies can use different attacks. It's nothing major though. It also affects some resistances to certain stats. You get insight points each time you discover a new boss (and maybe new areas too, I can't remember), and there are also consumables (Madmans Knowledge) that increase insight.

I think I read somewhere that best advice for new players is once it gets to about 15 or so, pretty much keep it in or around that level. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

OK cool.The first night I played I got one from somewhere i dont know where and clicked on what looked like a pile of bones,it got spent and looked like an npc came to fight with me? That one also allowed me to start levelling with the doll

I do have that madmans skull but haven't used it as didn't want to mistakenly spend it again! I have 6 now from cleric beast it seems and a 7th from the skull of needed.

Gascoigne just keeps kicking my ass,the second half in particular,I keep running out of bullets. I'll get there though.

OK cool.The first night I played I got one from somewhere i dont know where and clicked on what looked like a pile of bones,it got spent and looked like an npc came to fight with me? That one also allowed me to start levelling with the doll

I do have that madmans skull but haven't used it as didn't want to mistakenly spend it again! I have 6 now from cleric beast it seems and a 7th from the skull of needed.

Gascoigne just keeps kicking my ass,the second half in particular,I keep running out of bullets. I'll get there though.

Did you find an item that will help with that fight? Beasts are weak to fire as well.

• Advertisement

Did you find an item that will help with that fight? Beasts are weak to fire as well.

Not that I know of,I've tried moltovs and oil urns but he dodges them well enough. I had a few throwing knifes at one point actually,might try stock up on them.

Kiting round the headstones makes the first phase easy enough,it's that second stage when he quite quick I'm finding difficult.

Last go I managed to kite him round the kinda building thing at the back of the area from where ye walk in. That seemed to help. Just hard to get the stun and ran out of bullets

I got the hunters armor? I've upgraded my melee and gun aswell? How would I know the specific item?

Advertisement