Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,876 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Penn wrote: »
    Didn't get a lot of time with it last night, just did Bryegnworth (or however it's spelled) and Rom. Rom wasn't too bad, although I did waste an insight point bringing Henryk into the fight and I guess he decided not to take the leap of faith. Got Rom on third try, big ol' Hunter Axe swings when I realised you have to hit his body rather than head helped with the mobs too.

I used an little electric mace on him. I had read he is weak to electricity so I swung like a mad man :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Didn't get playing much over the weekend (bar being killed about 10 times by the Crow of Cainhurst guy in the Cathedral) but cracked into it again properly tonight. Took down the crow guy with ease (switching to extended axe helped a lot rather than trying to fight fair with the saw cleaver). Also took down the Nightmare guy which was a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Crow of cainhurst is a pain in the arse, hes harder than most bosses.

What nightmare guy?

nix wrote: »
    Crow of cainhurst is a pain in the arse, hes harder than most bosses.

What nightmare guy?

The guy in the nightmare of mensis with the cage on his head. Have to chase him through a maze. Forgot to check his name but just googled; Micolash, Host of the Nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Crow is a tough fight. Micolash is easy enough but then sometimes he's an absolute mare.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The Crow is a tough fight. Micolash is easy enough but then sometimes he's an absolute mare.

Yeah I fell into a dangerous loop in the second phase of surviving his long range hit with just a sliver of health and barely popping two vials before being hit with it again. Managed to dodge enough to only need one heal and get close enough to attack again.

Though the most frustrating part of the fight was trying to find him in the maze, trying to pick up an item but not being able to until I skipped through all his dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Yeah I fell into a dangerous loop in the second phase of surviving his long range hit with just a sliver of health and barely popping two vials before being hit with it again. Managed to dodge enough to only need one heal and get close enough to attack again.

Though the most frustrating part of the fight was trying to find him in the maze, trying to pick up an item but not being able to until I skipped through all his dialogue.

I found Micolash to be a pain in the hole too. Everyone said he was easy but it took me a good few tries to get the better of him. More annoying than anything else but has a few attacks that will wreck you. Crow got the better of me and I gave up eventually on that one.

skerry wrote: »
    I found Micolash to be a pain in the hole too. Everyone said he was easy but it took me a good few tries to get the better of him. More annoying than anything else but has a few attacks that will wreck you. Crow got the better of me and I gave up eventually on that one.

Yeah the Crow was absolutely wrecking me, but googled some tips because he was annoying me. Once you lure him over to the stairs and fight him there he rarely uses his pistol and occasionally starts to walk slowly in retreat back up the stairs. With the extended axe you can get a lot of decent hits in and knock him down.

I generally dislike cheesing enemies, but some enemies just f*cking deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the problem with the Crow is you can be fighting away thinking, things are going really well this time and then you're looking at the You Died screen wondering what the hell just happened

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the problem with the Crow is you can be fighting away thinking, things are going really well this time and then you're looking at the You Died screen wondering what the hell just happened

Always his pistol for me. Does so much damage. Hit me with a Visceral a few times because of it too, once even when the pistol shot was enough to kill me which just annoyed me even more. Hence the cheesing.

tenor.gif

Ah Micolash, such an easy fight, i said that for so long, then one reset i went in and he wrecked me a few times. Surprised the **** out of me, trick is to not give him an inch and the faster the weapon the better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's his stupid AOE attack. He is handy but if the AOE attack manages to connect it's a bull**** OHKO.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's his stupid AOE attack. He is handy but if the AOE attack manages to connect it's a bull**** OHKO.

I unknowingly went past the softcap on Vitality so his AOE always left me just enough health to stay alive and heal. I know because it hit me several f*cking times, and almost always just as I'd healed from the previous time.

F*ck those singing brain freaks. And f*ck the blue elixir for being a pile of bunch of ****. Over 100k blood echoes... pfft... gone....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

What do you mean by softcap?

petes wrote: »

Each skill has a softcap where when you put more points into it, you see less benefit. For example the softcap for Strength is 25, so the amount your strength increases between 1-25 is greater than the amount it'll increase for each level after that, so it's recommended that once you reach the softcap for one stat you're better off increasing some of the other stats instead as you'll get more benefit.

Vitality softcap is 30 and Endurance is 40, but I thought it was the other way around and had 34 points in Vitality before I realised.

They do still increase, but just not by as much before hitting the softcap.

F*ck those singing brain freaks. And f*ck the blue elixir for being a pile of bunch of ****. Over 100k blood echoes... pfft... gone....

Yep they are lil feckers, best to just run passed them, or sneak up on it if possible, you can kill them easily with a sneaky visceral, not recommended if there are more than one nearby..
    petes wrote: »

When you get to the softtcap on a stat, you start to get less of an increase when you put points into said stat, so its usually best to put points elsewhere if you have other stats you want to raise.

I think the softcap is the same for all stats except endurance, you get diminishing returns from 25 but the softcap is 50 points for all stats and for endurance its 40. I wouldnt raise vitality or endurance that high though as you can get items which bump both greatly.

So i think i used to Get Vitality to like 30, endurance to 20 and then id put 50 into 2 other stats that compliment whatever weapon i plan on using.

So takes the blades of mercy for example, they have a level C scaling in skill, and a D scaling in Arcance, so to get the most damage out of it you would get skill to 50 and then Arcane as high as you can and it will do alot more damage.

Depending on the weapon you use, each weapon scales better off a particular stat, so you need to level your player precisely stat wise to maximise your damage output, see the link below for the scaling of each weapon, or you can check in game.

https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapons

Yep they are lil feckers, best to just run passed them, or sneak up on it if possible, you can kill them easily with a sneaky visceral, not recommended if there are more than one nearby..

Tried sneaking with the blue elixir but they still saw me both from behind and when I was standing still but in front of them (was hoping I could visceral one as he turned while walking on his route but he saw me straight away).

I'm past that area now anyway, about to fight the boss at the top of the castle but have something else to do so I'll do it tomorrow. Pretty sure this is nearly the end of the main game though. A few areas I still haven't done like Cainhurst Castle and Nightmare Frontier, I presume I can still do them after if I feel like it.

Tried sneaking with the blue elixir but they still saw me both from behind and when I was standing still but in front of them (was hoping I could visceral one as he turned while walking on his route but he saw me straight away).

I'm past that area now anyway, about to fight the boss at the top of the castle but have something else to do so I'll do it tomorrow. Pretty sure this is nearly the end of the main game though. A few areas I still haven't done like Cainhurst Castle and Nightmare Frontier, I presume I can still do them after if I feel like it.

Yeah i know the area, i tried using elixirs there too, yer best going in after spending all your echoes and bee lining for the items you want as you will likely die alot, put on frenzy resistant gear if you have it, save you getting wrecked as fast.

And yeah, near the end of the main game in that place, its not the final boss, but its the final boss in the main game before you get to a point of no return, after that boss explore everything else before going where the doll tells you to go next. As you will end up in NG+ otherwise.. Thats as much as i can say without spoiling anything..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Each skill has a softcap where when you put more points into it, you see less benefit. For example the softcap for Strength is 25, so the amount your strength increases between 1-25 is greater than the amount it'll increase for each level after that, so it's recommended that once you reach the softcap for one stat you're better off increasing some of the other stats instead as you'll get more benefit.

Vitality softcap is 30 and Endurance is 40, but I thought it was the other way around and had 34 points in Vitality before I realised.

They do still increase, but just not by as much before hitting the softcap.

Ah okay, I noticed that anyway but didn't know that's what it was called!

Did Cainhurst Castle last night. Boss there was a right pain in the hole, definitely not helped by camera and how often the lock-on went off. Really showcased the issues with the parry system though because even the time I beat him, I managed to parry him 4 times in a row and couldn't get a visceral attack on any of them, because one time he still hit me and the others I couldn't get in front of him quick enough.

By my reckoning and a bit of googling, aside from the DLC I also still have Nightmare Frontier, Upper Cathedral Ward and the Orphanage. Is there any worth or anything of note in any of those or are any of them skippable/forgettable?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,876 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did Cainhurst Castle last night. Boss there was a right pain in the hole, definitely not helped by camera and how often the lock-on went off. Really showcased the issues with the parry system though because even the time I beat him, I managed to parry him 4 times in a row and couldn't get a visceral attack on any of them, because one time he still hit me and the others I couldn't get in front of him quick enough.

By my reckoning and a bit of googling, aside from the DLC I also still have Nightmare Frontier, Upper Cathedral Ward and the Orphanage. Is there any worth or anything of note in any of those or are any of them skippable/forgettable?

The boss in the Frontier is good. If I remember correctly there's a few upgrade materials there as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They are pretty sizable areas so worth doing.

Alright. At this stage I'm about level 80 and have my Hunter Axe at +10, so hopefully should be able to fly through them quick enough

Well, you cant complete the game without killing ALL bosses ;)

So get in there! :pac:

Alright, those areas now done. As I suspected, I'm kinda overlevelled for them now so they weren't any hassle (bar the daughter of the cosmos who took a few tries). The big alien head boss was laughably easy.

On to the dlc I guess.

On to the dlc I guess.

Have fun :D

The dlc certainly isn't too easy!

• Advertisement

Have fun :D

Why does that feel like one of those notes saying "take a step forward and have faith" in front of a ledge leading to certain death...
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The dlc certainly isn't too easy!

... Ah, that's why...

Advertisement