Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    Some chatter that the T34-85M isn't the earnable tank around Christmas, and that it instead is perhaps the WZ-111. Not the most fun tank perhaps, but a tier 8 is more valuable than a tier 6 if nothing else.
    Well I went and got a Japanese tank in preparation for what ever it is; for all other nations I'm in a pretty good state (UK being worst with only tier X TD and TOG but I'll hopefully be somewhere in the second TD line by that time as well to assist to make it doable).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nody wrote: »
    Well I went and got a Japanese tank in preparation for what ever it is; for all other nations I'm in a pretty good state (UK being worst with only tier X TD and TOG but I'll hopefully be somewhere in the second TD line by that time as well to assist to make it doable).

Early statements said it's only 50k on each nation, so my normal grinding can be adapted to fill that. Might be a good time to start going for the FV4202 line then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Early statements said it's only 50k on each nation, so my normal grinding can be adapted to fill that. Might be a good time to start going for the FV4202 line then.
    Which made sense for a tier 6; but if it's tier 8 instead it's more likely to be 75k or 100k :(

And yes, I'm going for the FV4202, I'm at tier 8 or higher currently on every TD line (well strictly speaking my second American is 3k short of unlock but I'll sort that out tonight).

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

Yes .. I have been getting ready for this special... I think you will need a minimum of 2 tanks per country to take advantage of the x2, x3 (maybe x5)

So I bought a 2nd French tank...(started on the B1 heavy line) will buy a 2nd Chinese later this week.... (59-16)

but the Japanese line will be the tricky one... I have a Chi-To.... that is pretty stock... but will need to grind this to get the Chi-Ri.... and then try to have both tanks as the Japanese line only has one branch...

They should really make the totals reflective of the spread of tanks per country.. getting 100k on Russian, US tanks is alot easier than 30k in Japan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Go to your local Spar/Supervalu, buy a can of generic baked beans. Empty the can into the bin.

You now possess a more useful and fun tin can than a damn Chi-Ri.

• Advertisement

Go to your local Spar/Supervalu, buy a can of generic baked beans. Empty the can into the bin.

You now possess a more useful and fun tin can than a damn Chi-Ri.
    Thank you; I needed a laugh. Not that I disagree; it's a horrible tank but it's the best option I've found and I'll seriously consider picking up the premium one as well for my second tank (but waiting for the discounts to come)... Then again the whole Japanse line as it stands are all kinds of wrong for me (don't like mediums, don't like low pen guns, don't like high rof guns) in general and I only have it for missions like this.

Thank you; I needed a laugh. Not that I disagree; it's a horrible tank but it's the best option I've found and I'll seriously consider picking up the premium one as well for my second tank (but waiting for the discounts to come)...

It's a pain that I suffered through, and am very glad to have my STA-1 now instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I'll be mainly playing the Chi-To for the event. I'll unlock the Chi-Ri during the event so I might buy it and play it for the multipliers but tier V and VI will be my main Japanese work-horses I reckon.

I'm surprised they haven't used the AT-15A as a mission tank yet. It never sold as it was, but given the lack of British premium TDs, there should be some interest in it, even if people aren't willing to pay for it.

Aenaes wrote: »
    I'll be mainly playing the Chi-To for the event. I'll unlock the Chi-Ri during the event so I might buy it and play it for the multipliers but tier V and VI will be my main Japanese work-horses I reckon.

I think the event will be Tier VI and up ... so you might want to think about that

• Advertisement

VikingG wrote: »
    I think the event will be Tier VI and up ... so you might want to think about that

The individual missions are looking to be tier 6 and up, the Christmas earnable tank will probably be the usual tier 4 and up.

The individual missions are looking to be tier 6 and up, the Christmas earnable tank will probably be the usual tier 4 and up.
    Well the IM are suppose to only come in after this grind tank in mid January anyway.

Well the IM are suppose to only come in after this grind tank in mid January anyway.

Yes, Jan 15th it would appear.

So the free tank is the WZ-111, tier 8 Chinese heavy.

Each nation needs 150k damage and 150 kills. At least there's no need to worry about placing in top 10 or winning this time around. But equally the Christmas X5 dailies don't give it a boost either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

no british tank, no chinese tank, no point trying! no worries!!

You're missing out on some capable and interesting tanks in the Brit line. Not so much the Chinese line however.

got to tier 6 on the tds and t5 on the mediums, tds the tier 6 is worse than the at2, mediums the guns are a joke till you get to tier 6 but i have kinda stopped playing at all.. few games a night in my m48 is about it. back playing world of warcraft.... the shame

... :-(

based on the leaked missions I thought that this was possible .... but the real mission is just too much..

I think there are 3 premium days for completing for the US and Russian lines is doable for me... so might just do that.

Each nation needs 150k damage and 150 kills. At least there's no need to worry about placing in top 10 or winning this time around. But equally the Christmas X5 dailies don't give it a boost either.
    Only problem will be Japanese tree (150k damage, oh joy but here comes the gold ammo!)... For Russian, German and American tree I have so many tanks it will fly by with out noticing. French will also be very doable (FOCH, Batchat, 50B, Batchat arty), British a bit annoying (thank god I have the Tortie though!) and Chinese is doable (both both lines at Tier 8 and tier 9 with top guns).

The downside will be everyone and their mother will be running gold ammo and sit camping in a TD ><

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

So the free tank is the WZ-111, tier 8 Chinese heavy.

Seems a bit out of my reach....and I have no real interest in a Tier 8 Chinese tank.

I was grinding up to Tier 6 in the Chinese and Japanese lines for the leaked T-35-85BM..............

In other news the New years special have been announced on the WoT site:
    http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/44/end-year-specials-2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Each part of the mission awards you 3 days of Premium Account when completed so I'll at least go for the "easy" Soviet, American and German parts.

WZ-111 is tempting though, purely as a crew trainer. I'll see how the mission is progressing and how much time I have. The fact that the mission is based on damage pains me though. My highest tiers on Japan is VI-VII so that will definitely be the hardest.

Tier 3 on Christmas day will just consist of Panzer IIDs, and would therefore be an ideal time for me to take out my IIJ and just be a complete bastard.

nothing like a bit of seal clubbing lol.

i meant i have no jap tanks, i have the wz132 on the chinese line. rage sold it while back but thinking of re buying it. no gun depressions doesnt suit my peak a boo game style in meds.

thinking of selling all my heavies tbh and just sticking with meds... lowe is worth 3.5million creds... i got 3 good years out of it for 30e.. power creep has made it 100% obsolete in tier 10, which it meets every poxy game.

Löwe still do fine in a tier X game; cupolas with that accuracy means it pays for itself easily.

Also happy to see confirmation on discounts on all tiers of tanks; what annoys me is the convertion of exp one (35exp / gold rather than 25) is only starting on 9th of January. I've intentionally stocked up gold (and working on exp) to unlock stuff on at least 3 tier 9 tanks and was hoping to have a go directly after buying them for a discount >.< All I can hope is it comes up in the calendar earlier (as it has on the Russian one) so I can use all those lovely 2x crew training days to get my crew up to speed again.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    nothing like a bit of seal clubbing lol.

It's, uh, for educational purposes. Namely teaching them that a real Panzer II has 80mm of armour...

thinking of selling all my heavies tbh and just sticking with meds... lowe is worth 3.5million creds... i got 3 good years out of it for 30e.. power creep has made it 100% obsolete in tier 10, which it meets every poxy game.

I've found that as I've improved with time, the worth of a tier 8 premium has become magnified, and diminishing any argument to sell them.

Interesting; on the Russian & Asian server they offer 7 $10 packages (one for each nation) to have that part of the tree completed. Honestly I'd happily pay €10 (WG convertion rate) for skipping the Japanse one. The other I'm comfortable with completing easily but Japanease would be pure rage inducing pain to complete...

Even if you skipped 2 lines that way, it'd still be a very cheap tier 8 premium.

Even if you skipped 2 lines that way, it'd still be a very cheap tier 8 premium.
    Well as Western Europe is WGs milking ground to pay for everything lets make it €20 per nation then; I'd still pay... Also are there any known stats on the 111?

Well as Western Europe is WGs milking ground to pay for everything lets make it €20 per nation then; I'd still pay... Also are there any known stats on the 111?
    And it has been confirmed for EU as well; so another tier 8 premium tank it is by the looks of it. In terms of performance it's pretty much identical with the 112; slightly faster reload (4.5 vs 4.33) and minor (<10mm) changes in turret armor and speed (50 vs 45) and the hinted at price is €9.95 which is reasonable enough in my book.

• Advertisement

i have a couple of other tier 8 premiums, jagdtiger 88 and is6, way more fun and both have premium mm.

the lowe sits gathering dust in my garage, probably gonna sell it. yes it makes insane credits, but theres no point having a credit earner you hate so much you dont play.. its my most played tank btw.

Advertisement