Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I just....

Me in T20 and teammate in light amx vs last remaining player su152. He's right next to the map boundary but in total open space. I eat a shot and come round the right, I basically have him until the amx goes left and runs right into me... su152 is rotating to bear on me, I need to move forwards annnnnnnd the amx starts reversing effectively trapping me between him and the boundary and unable to move forwards. SU152 brings gun to bear, boom I die. The light then drives right into the front of the TD so they're both face on and dies 2 seconds later. We lose the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

So apparently FV4202 will be replaced by the Centurion Action X and and current FV4202 owners will receive the new tier 10 but not the FV4202 as a tier 8 premium.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/16/no-free-fv4202-for-you/

I was saving up to buy the FV while it's on discount and I just have enough now. Not sure if I should get it not now though. The Centurion Action X might be good and there's a chance the FV will be given out for free so I'm torn.

If they don't give it out for free, who do they expect to buy it? The released stats of it look pretty poor (they can be changed) but I think sales will be pretty poor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

My own interpretation is that it won't be a free drop in replacement, and that a mission for it isn't ruled out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aenaes wrote: »
    So apparently FV4202 will be replaced by the Centurion Action X and and current FV4202 owners will receive the new tier 10 but not the FV4202 as a tier 8 premium.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/16/no-free-fv4202-for-you/

I was saving up to buy the FV while it's on discount and I just have enough now. Not sure if I should get it not now though. The Centurion Action X might be good and there's a chance the FV will be given out for free so I'm torn.

If they don't give it out for free, who do they expect to buy it? The released stats of it look pretty poor (they can be changed) but I think sales will be pretty poor.
    Might as well pick it up just in case; after all it's WG so anything and everything can change because enough Russians complained...

Yeah, just realised they mentioned nothing about a mission. Which would make sense since that is what they have been hinting at for a while.

Centurion Action should be pretty good anyway, since they don't want a repeat of FV at tier 10.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm sitting on a whole bunch of tier 9s in my garage, and since they're all the later added ones, e.g T54E1, Type 61 etc, they all have soul destroyingly long grinds to their tier 10s, and it's fairly off-putting to play them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I posted this in Building PC forum, but might as well do it here. :D

Playing away Wot in a comfort of my bed on 42 inch TV. Happy days! :D

DSC_0253_zps8lzatcaw.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    I'm sitting on a whole bunch of tier 9s in my garage, and since they're all the later added ones, e.g T54E1, Type 61 etc, they all have soul destroyingly long grinds to their tier 10s, and it's fairly off-putting to play them at all.
    Same; I got 6 tier 9s after the Christmas weekend with the closest one being "only" 150k away from tier X (most are 200k+).

I love e25 :D. Was doing mission in platton with buddy. Needed to get 100 damage and kill 1 Heavy. I actually almost ran out of bullets lol!

worldoftanks_2015_01_21_22_50_22_112_zps5f4760fb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I had that one last night where you need to cause 1000 damage in a TD, i'm trying to get to object 704 so used my ISU.
    First game, got rushed by two batsihts and only 800 damage done.
    Second game spotted and even though i changed position got artied,
    Third game, not even spotted, almost 4k damage ... they just all lined up and stayed still for me :P

• Advertisement

I love e25 :D. Was doing mission in platton with buddy. Needed to get 100 damage and kill 1 Heavy. I actually almost ran out of bullets lol!
    Mastery in a popular tank like e25 is doing very well congrats.

I'll need to post up my Foch 155 game from yesterday; Ace badge on a loss getting 1973 exp but sadly my team of suicidal lemmings failed as expected.

Spear wrote: »
    http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/15/9-6-supertest-patchnotes/

Ouch, it's the across the board viewrange nerf for all TDs that was talked about a few months back.

Very last line of that =
    - fixed some client freezes and crashes

Nody wrote: »
    I'll need to post up my Foch 155 game from yesterday; Ace badge on a loss getting 1973 exp but sadly my team of suicidal lemmings failed as expected.
    Personal missions are causing all sorts of idiot behaviour ... we had a unicum guy yesterday dead inside 2 minutes, all he said in chat was "mission"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Working my way up the french heavy line at the minute currently on the B1 but had a surprising encounter with jingles earlier in one game. Match was a loss but got ace tanker and managed to kill him, he was driving sexton arty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Working my way up the french heavy line at the minute currently on the B1 but had a surprising encounter with jingles earlier in one game. Match was a loss but got ace tanker and managed to kill him, he was driving sexton arty

Congrats on killing Jingles, many will say the French line isnt worth it, I must I found it to be really fun. Now I will admit i didnt like the BDR, but Loved the ARL. Im currently on the Amx. One thing ive learned is that they really are support tanks and not brawlers.

I hate french Heavy line with a passion. I am on tier 7 one now and it starts to get a little bit better.

Me and 2 buddies went for some games in T34 platoon. All night disaster. MM just ****s us and drops us only in to tier 10 games. Got pissed off and called it a day.

I hate french Heavy line with a passion. I am on tier 7 one now and it starts to get a little bit better.

Me and 2 buddies went for some games in T34 platoon. All night disaster. MM just ****s us and drops us only in to tier 10 games. Got pissed off and called it a day.

Stay the course, it does change drastically, and for the better, with the AMX 50-100.

The French line is probably among WoTs more extreme examples of role reversals; early tiers it's all armor and no damage which do a 180 halfway up the tree. It's similar to how the original UK TD line were all armor and fast guns until tier X when it became no armor and slow gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Have always wanted to start the french heavies, but only wanna start at the m4 and that is WAY too much free xp to use.

i had my french arty crew with 3 skills sitting in the barracks for eyars, so took two of them and bought my self the elc amx for doin light missions alongside my chinese lights... very strange tank... turret traverse is only like 25 degrees either side. but its very fast and so low.

i still have my 3 skill french td crew there, might as well start te french heavies at some stage, doubt i will go back to the ac 48 at any stage.

• Advertisement

Personal Missions are on the back burner for now as I try the Winter Mode. It's kind of enjoyable, it's nice not having to worry about winning or losing but the sounds are getting annoying.

With the missions offering experience to boost the crew and the crews being re-trained in future it's pretty nice.

With the release of Update 9.6, the crew will be retrained automatically:

Mammoth crew - to T110E5.
    Arctic Fox crew - to LTTB.
    Polar Bear crew - to AMX 50 Foch (155).

I already have T110E5, so that crew might be going into T57 in the future. I'm currently at MT-25 and S35CA on the other two lines so the crews are handy.

heres a question, have you or would you sell a tier 10 tank.

i have bought and sold is4 twice! such a pos.

rage sold the m48 patton about 2 years ago, had a win rate of about 44%. i rebought it few months ago and have been doing well in it, got my wr up to about 53%.

i wanna buy the obj140 this week and the 3.5 million credits would leave me NOT bankrupt.

an interview with serb around xmas he said they were going to buff it but unsure how.

seeing as though credits are easy enough to make it back up, would you keep the patton and hope for a buff this year? some people say never sell a tier 10 regardless..

It'll cost you more in the long term if you ever rebuy the M48. I certainly kept mine, even if it's a poor tier 10 medium. But even poor tier 10 mediums have other uses such as the recent WZ-111 mission, or the IMs. I'd say grind the credits, or target the missions to make the credits. The alternative is to spend more time later grinding more credits should you wish to rebuy the M48.

yeh i suppose thats true, could cost me another 6 mill credits to re buy it once buffed.

suppose ill keep it, more i thought about it i really didnt wanna sell it!!

Well my rule when it comes to my garage:

Keep everything above tier 8. If its fun or Iconic tank and below tier 8, then keep it too.

I am done and dont play anymore IS-8, IS-3, Tiger I, Tiger II, Hellcat, but I keep them as I like them to be a part of my garage.

I've always regarded anything below tier 10 as nothing more than a stepping stone to the next one, to be sold and not returned to.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I keep my bison as its so easy to hit low tier idiots and go for the slaughter. Only problem is running out of ammo.

Changing the subject somewhat...

When I started out with the AMX 13-75, it was disastrous. Given how much other tanks depend upon lights to do a good job, I've always steered clear of them rather than sabotage everyone else.

But then came the WZ-111 mission and the IMs, so I returned to it after a hiatus of at least a year.

Having focussed on mediums more than heavies in the recent past, I've been applying the lessons of mediums to it. The end result is that I've often come top in damage and XP in tier 10 games, often running out of ammo when doing so.

I can't tell whether this makes be terrible or great at light tanks. But a 71% win rate in it suggests the latter.

simlar experience in my vk3001d, its regarded as a meh tier 6 medium. somehow it works for me and i can dominate games in it. everyone has a tank they just click with, mine took me 3 years to find lol.

circ used to love his hellcat. quickybaby loves the comet or cromwell, cant remember which.

• Advertisement

There's some tanks I've done well with yet never noticed it. A good example was the M26 Pershing. I had a WN8 of 2400 and a 59.2% win rate. Yet I can't recall any oustanding game or performances in it, and only dimly recall it as being pedestrian. Similalarly for the Panther 2 where I had a 64% winrate, yet I'm left with the same impressions of it.

Advertisement