Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Had an epic game in my AMX 105 tier 4 artillery last one alive versus 2 td's also first victory of the day and got x5 xp

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Stiletto72

First game in my E25.
    Took out the T29 at the death to win the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Stiletto72 wrote: »
    First game in my E25.
    Took out the T29 at the death to win the game.

Best tank crew images ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Stiletto72

R0ot wrote: »
    Best tank crew images ever.

Yeah, all part of the OMC modpack. I've gone for a mainly Jimbo style setup with new crew icons, changed garage and the stats in the info pane.
    Back up your res_mods folder before using it though just in case you want to go back to where you were.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I call the E-25 my Little Evil German Death Machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cant decide between the t62a or the obj140..

anyone played both? t62a has better turret, 140 has extra degree of gun depression and a bit more mobile from what i have read.

im thinking the 140 would suit my playstyle better with the extra depression, the reason i hate the t54 is the -5 depression, used to american mediums with -8..

i will probably hold onto the t54 and unlock the second tier 10 eventually anyways..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

copeyhagen wrote: »
    cant decide between the t62a or the obj140..

anyone played both? t62a has better turret, 140 has extra degree of gun depression and a bit more mobile from what i have read.

im thinking the 140 would suit my playstyle better with the extra depression, the reason i hate the t54 is the -5 depression, used to american mediums with -8..

i will probably hold onto the t54 and unlock the second tier 10 eventually anyways..
    Have both but hate mediums so can't really tell you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭LikeTheseOdds

Is the Jagdtiger 8.8 t8 premimum worth it for its credit making potential? I mostly play russian TD/heavies but picked up an e25 after I played with the stug iii g for a while. I don't have a premium account. Advice would be welcome! Would want to pick it up before the sale ends! Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I think it was pretty much top of the credit-earning charts then they tweaked the other premiums so they could earn a little more to bring them up to par.

The Jagdtiger is currently around 11th place for gross income but is sitting in 4th for net income: http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.php?tier=0&tanktype=0&nation=0&premium=0&modeid=0&team=0&battles=1000&groupby=0&fieldname=creditsn&server=

For the price it's pretty appealing as it's one of the cheapest tier VIII premium vehicles. I was looking at getting one for myself but since I already have an E-25, I'll probably get myself an FCM 50t as a crew trainer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Aenaes wrote: »
    I think it was pretty much top of the credit-earning charts then they tweaked the other premiums so they could earn a little more to bring them up to par.

The Jagdtiger is currently around 11th place for gross income but is sitting in 4th for net income: http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.php?tier=0&tanktype=0&nation=0&premium=0&modeid=0&team=0&battles=1000&groupby=0&fieldname=creditsn&server=
    I am just an average player. When I first played the JT 8,8 I was horrified by the slow speed of it...I was coming from the mid-tier German TD's.
    Since then I have grown to really like it.
    The gun may be a bit weak but the RoF is great, the frontal armour is nice and bouncy.
    I do not think I have made a loss ever in it.
    The shells are cheap and the potential for racking up damage is great.
    Even against higher tier tanks you can scare them with your shots or track them. Being a 2nd line tank I have also used the RoF effectively (and pleasureably) when a high tier heavy turns to face a team-mate....letting me track and hurt them.

My first two games every day are with the JT 8,8 and the E-25. I find they also cheer me up if I am having a losing streak with other tanks.

Consensus online makes the JT 8,8 a great credit earner, I chose it over the Lowe for this reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭LikeTheseOdds

Thanks for the steer on the Jadgtiger. Bought it and am really enjoying it so far!

just started playing lowe again as i need credits, im actually enjoying it now. makes WAY more credits than my jt88 or the is6 but the jt is porbably the best fun. theyre all fun actually

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I can't play WoT atm due to the insane lag (normally I'd sit around 30 in ping, now I'm at 300 consistently...) and traceroute shows it sitting on Wargaming side (from second last to last m ping average goes by 250...)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,154 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Show me the traceroute.

Nody wrote: »
    Well I can't play WoT atm due to the insane lag (normally I'd sit around 30 in ping, now I'm at 300 consistently...) and traceroute shows it sitting on Wargaming side (from second last to last m ping average goes by 250...)

I had to stop playing last week while away from work...ping in hotel usually fine, no bothers previously. Every 4-5 games ping keep spiking up to 600-999. Got disconnected and got 2 warnings......had to stop to prevent a ban.
    Frustrating as I get my gaming each week when away from home.

On that note, WG site is pretty frustrating..... warning says to contact Customer service.....no links on the Help or FAQ pages.

theyre eu servers are ****e, i have cat5 running into my 220mb upc router and i get very good speeds, but in wot i get an average ping of about 60 on either server and get a lot of lag spikes. ftr was saying the ru cluster has WAY more servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bought e25..... I am a marketing victim...

I LOVE THAT LITTLE BASTARD! :D

Well, stupid busy season at work is finished and I got some of my life back.

Got myself e25 and that 30day premium +1000 gold pack. Me and my buddy spent all this evening playing away Wot! Love these double xp weekends. Got through hellcat and got myself t25/2 ( now fully upgraded ) and FINALLY finished fecking ARL 44!!! What a horrible horrible tank!
    I made over 1mil today and I only played Hellcat/ARL 44 and a few games with e25. Had one game in is7 too and made 100k profit, which just droped my jaw lol. :D

Oh yeah, got my very first tier 10 tank few weeks ago - Is7. Loving it. If you get a nice hull down position, you pretty much become an asshole of century. :D

All in all it is good to be back in gaming and specially wot!

....Got myself e25 and that 30day premium +1000 gold pack. Me and my buddy spent all this evening playing away Wot! ........!

If there are two of you a funny session of trolling others can be had alternating between Pz.I.C and E-25.....both sneaky little fast feckers

Tenger wrote: »
    If there are two of you a funny session of trolling others can be had alternating between Pz.I.C and E-25.....both sneaky little fast feckers

Yeah, my buddy got e25, but he was playing tiger I. I have like tier10 and a good few tier 7,8 tanks, wheres his highest one is tier 7. So had to play something with him to get him up top the line.
    As for e25 itself - it's a lot of fun. You can really feel that it is one of those TDs, which did not got their gama rating nerved to ****. It can just sit in bushes amd be cunty about all day.
    I get good games in it and people get soooooo pissed off at e25. I was called out premium noob a few times already. :D I know it myself it is very annoying to be killed by e25, you can't see the little bastard and it just shoots at you like machine gun.

• Advertisement

Okay, just had of those games where I just went: "Okay, **** you, just **** you, I am out for today".

So I am in my AMX M4 ( tier 7 heavy ) in Tier9 game. Believe it or not I survived all game and it got in to a 2arty me and lorr 40t vs 2 arty is3 and kv3.
    I hunted down KV3 and our lorr died in a pool of his own piss and blood right off the bat.
    Their arty started capping and I rushed back to kill it. IS-3 shows up with 150hp. I had Premium loaded up as I did not wanted to take any chances. I still had to move and kill IS3 as it was on my path. So imagine this. 3 shots in to IS3 with last gun and premium almost point blank and not a single pen. IS-3 lands all his shots in to me as I try to get to our cap...

I did 3500 damage and killed 4 people in that game ( mind you it was tier9 and I was piece of **** tier7 french paper bag ). I almost threw keyboard in to a wall when third shot failed to penetrate that is3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Okay, just had of those games where I just went: "Okay, **** you, just **** you, I am out for today".

So I am in my AMX M4 ( tier 7 heavy ) in Tier9 game. Believe it or not I survived all game and it got in to a 2arty me and lorr 40t vs 2 arty is3 and kv3.
    I hunted down KV3 and our lorr died in a pool of his own piss and blood right off the bat.
    Their arty started capping and I rushed back to kill it. IS-3 shows up with 150hp. I had Premium loaded up as I did not wanted to take any chances. I still had to move and kill IS3 as it was on my path. So imagine this. 3 shots in to IS3 with last gun and premium almost point blank and not a single pen. IS-3 lands all his shots in to me as I try to get to our cap...

I did 3500 damage and killed 4 people in that game ( mind you it was tier9 and I was piece of **** tier7 french paper bag ). I almost threw keyboard in to a wall when third shot failed to penetrate that is3.

Man if I have a repair kit and the dude is 200hp or lower I'm ramming him.

R0ot wrote: »
    Man if I have a repair kit and the dude is 200hp or lower I'm ramming him.

You see, that was the issue. I had to shoot him, and still make progress to cap circle as I was fecked for time. Plan was to kill him and I was facing him with my arse at the end. I did not expect RNG just go full ghetto on my arse like this. 3 shots of 240 pen in to is3 nose and all bounces. I qm playing wot for a long time now and this was the very worst "**** you, that's why" moment.

it also doesnt help that 90% of the playerbase are fooking potatoes.

seen a guy with like 35k games and had a win8 of like 254. i took a screenie.. how.. just how.. unless he botted 20k games.

cant wait for armored warfare, please god its not ****e like ground forces.
    watched jingles vid yesterday, like how the tanks come from delaers, so they dont have to worry about nation tech trees.

You see, that was the issue. I had to shoot him, and still make progress to cap circle as I was fecked for time. Plan was to kill him and I was facing him with my arse at the end. I did not expect RNG just go full ghetto on my arse like this. 3 shots of 240 pen in to is3 nose and all bounces. I qm playing wot for a long time now and this was the very worst "**** you, that's why" moment.
    I had a similar feeling today in my Black Prince with top gun; IS-3 down to 28hp (I've gotten in about 4 out of 8 AP damage shots); switched to HE to get that final ping in and 5 shots later (all dealing zero damage) he killed me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

copeyhagen wrote: »
    it also doesnt help that 90% of the playerbase are fooking potatoes.

seen a guy with like 35k games and had a win8 of like 254. i took a screenie.. how.. just how.. unless he botted 20k games.

Some kid?

how could a kid have 3k games. im playing since beta quite regularly and only have 11k games!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,154 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/15/9-6-supertest-patchnotes/

Ouch, it's the across the board viewrange nerf for all TDs that was talked about a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fair bit of jitter this afternoon through london, no fun :(

• Advertisement

Jaysus, ****, I am having one of those days where I cant pen or even hit a side of the barn and **** like AMX puts a full clip in to me by clutch shooting.

Advertisement