Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade candy cab advice

Options
123457»

Comments

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah if I were you I'd just refresh the whole control panel with new parts. It's fairly easy to do and makes a huge difference.

They do alright, but sometimes the discoloration is so bad that it needs a bit of extra help from a wand.

I did read about someone's cute having issues like this due to the speaker magnet, but that was at the top of the screen so it wouldn't be that. Might be worth making sure there are no other strong magnetic fields around it though (any chance it's sitting beside a stereo speaker/TV etc?)

Will see if I can get my degauss wand to you somehow anyway.

Also try rotating it,
    as in if its facing north/south make it face west/east and see:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

urbanledge wrote: »
    Also try rotating it,
    as in if its facing north/south make it face west/east and see:D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

My Cute had discolouration in the lower left corner after it arrived and the startup degauss never got rid of it, Mario was all blue when he started in Donkey Kong .
    A cheap Chinese degauss wand from ebay fixed it good though, you need a wand anyway if you own a cab as sometimes after rotation you need to use it again .

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone else find using a degaussing wand a whole lot of fun?

Or am I just a freak?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone else find using a degaussing wand a whole lot of fun?

Or am I just a freak?

Hmmm, what's a more polite word than freak to use... :P

I'm too chicken to use mine actually. I've a slight bit of discolouration in one of the corners on the BVM - not a hope I'm putting the wand near it for fear of making it worse. Or causing problems with the B&O or Trini next to it. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hmmm, what's a more polite word than freak to use... :P

I'm too chicken to use mine actually. I've a slight bit of discolouration in one of the corners on the BVM - not a hope I'm putting the wand near it for fear of making it worse. Or causing problems with the B&O or Trini next to it. :o

Don't be such a wuss! :D

It's really easy to do and definitely worth trying out if you've loads of CRTs. Especially if you're rotating them.

There's really nothing to concern yourself with. Just start off with it close to the monitor and move your hand in circles as you slowly step away from it.

Keep doing it back further and in bigger circles until you don't see any effect on the monitor anymore. Done - simple as that. :)

It was scary the first time on my cab but then I realized how simple it is and use it on all my monitors now.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Just point the wand and be that wizard .
    You can even chant spells when using it !

I wonder how this lad is getting on with the cute?

Advertisement