Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade candy cab advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

Ireland deserves a new candy payment sent this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Que "I want candy"

Nice one! Can't wait to see some pictures

Savage,
    congrats!

Will get pics as soon as it lands got the guy to include a stepdown transformer and possibly street fighter alpha with the cab.

Do monitors in genereal give much trouble is it advisable to try source a spare?

urbanledge wrote: »
    Savage,
    congrats!

Cheers man looking forward to getting my hands on it
    I sent you a few pics with the monitor tated you get them?

• Advertisement

Oh yea I got them,
    Totally forgot.I've been so busy lately with the DK,Pinball and some other stuff.
    Sure might as well wait till you have it now and post your own pics!
    Whats the ETA?

Eta one week when collected from him so end of next week i would hope
    Game-trader.de anyone use him before?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,594 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Excellent! Congrats!

Sourcing a spare monitor for that will be tough. If anything goes wrong, it'll probably be the chassis - and that can be repaired in most cases.

If you do come across a spare though it wouldn't hurt to pick it up. Would be small too so easy to store.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Excellent! Congrats!

Sourcing a spare monitor for that will be tough. If anything goes wrong, it'll probably be the chassis - and that can be repaired in most cases.

If you do come across a spare though it wouldn't hurt to pick it up. Would be small too so easy to store.

Keep an eye out for any spares monitor or chassis for me guys please.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

There are two different chassis/ monitors used in the Cute, all Nanao and Sanwa with toshiba tube .
    The Nanao chassis is common on YHJ but the Sanwa is rare .
    Of course I didn't knew this and grabbed two Nanao's only to find out later I needed Sanwa and tubes are only interchangeable if you also have the right Yoke :mad:

Then I found Cools on A.O. had a Nanao monitor and a spare Sanwa chassis with Yoke so I traded both Nanao chassis for his Sanwa / Yoke :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Casey120 wrote: »
    There are two different chassis/ monitors used in the Cute, all Nanao and Sanwa with toshiba tube .
    The Nanao chassis is common on YHJ but the Sanwa is rare .
    Of course I didn't knew this and grabbed two Nanao's only to find out later I needed Sanwa and tubes are only interchangeable if you also have the right Yoke :mad:

Then I found Cools on A.O. had a Nanao monitor and a spare Sanwa chassis with Yoke so I traded both Nanao chassis for his Sanwa / Yoke :P

Ah ok the cute im getting is also sanwa,have i any chance of getting a spare or am i in trouble ?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Altough it's convenient to have a spare when trouble strikes you don't really need one as your original can usually be repaired .

Casey120 wrote: »
    Altough it's convenient to have a spare when trouble strikes you don't really need one as your original can usually be repaired .

Great that eases my mind a bit, id still like a spare if anyone knows of one or see's one let me know thanks.
    Also another query is it ok/possible to run naomi in the mini cute with the capcom I/O a motherboard and netdimm any dangers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

paul79 wrote: »
    Great that eases my mind a bit, id still like a spare if anyone knows of one or see's one let me know thanks.
    Also another query is it ok/possible to run naomi in the mini cute with the capcom I/O a motherboard and netdimm any dangers?

Naomi needs 3.3v afaik. If your cab psu doesn't offer that you'll need a dedicated power supply.
    That's how I understand it anyway!

Think the capcom I/O does the 3.3v as far as I can make out no gd rom unless using separate psu tho can't post url link I found info on sega naomi . Com

Think the capcom I/O does the 3.3v as far as I can make out no gd rom unless using separate psu tho can't post url link I found info on sega naomi . Com

Oh yeah. That sounds about right. And if you're going the netdimm route you won't need the gdrom

Oh yeah. That sounds about right. And if you're going the netdimm route you won't need the gdrom

Ye Im thinking the netdimm route is best won't need the gdrom just wanted to check and see if it was ok in the cab with psu etc
    seems the capcom I/O is very good

You'd need a jvs to jamma adapter tho?

urbanledge wrote: »
    You'd need a jvs to jamma adapter tho?

From what I can make out the capcom I/O is an all in one converter you plug the jamma connection in one side and the naomi stuff on the other side?anyone use one have any experience?

• Advertisement

Probably explains why they command 100 quid plus

Ok done a little more research capcom board will power naomi motherboard but won't power the naomi and the netdimm :-(
    Anyone have a spare naomi psu?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

sorry didn't read thread eek, I use one of these in the NNC http://jvspac.kirurg.org/ no rewiring or jpac involved.

You can use a standard atx powersupply (with a little modification/adapter) to power the mobo/netdimm, handiest way tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭geotrig

Ok done a little more research capcom board will power naomi motherboard but won't power the naomi and the netdimm :-(
    Anyone have a spare naomi psu?

capcom i/o will power the naomi mb with cart netdimm only.you may need to turn up your voltage abit to get enough volts at the naomi mb though. if your running the netdim with a gdrom will will need another powersupply as the jamma supply isnt powerful enough to power all.
    invest in a cheap volt meter ,you'll need it

Get one of FrancoB's jamma voltmeter's from here http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=26026&p=373977
    you can either splice the cables from atx and connect them directly to jamnma harness (or jamma extension cable to preserve your own) or get a female atx connector and make up a cable.

Master of the Universe

Every time I see a new post in this thread I think the cute has arrived :o

Sorry guy's been up to my eyes.
    Tenants in my apartment are gone no rent and left the place destroyed f×××ers.
    Gonna cost me to set it right for renting again to new tenants :-(
    On a brighter note mini cute has shipped earlier this week :-)
    How long ill have it we will see.
    Gutted at present.

Master of the Universe

For a moment I thought you were going to the the cute was off. Nice to know you have your priorities right :D

In all seriousness though, hard luck - that's really awful. Hunt the bastards down!

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    For a moment I thought you were going to the the cute was off. Nice to know you have your priorities right :D

In all seriousness though, hard luck - that's really awful. Hunt the bastards down!

Haha no its on the way somewhere between here and Germany.
    But holding onto it will come down to funds unfortunately but ill do my best.
    So as of now I have a kidney for sale and a left heart vertricle pm for offers please.

Advertisement